SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Scenery and Mission Making Tools
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Instant Scenery problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petergloor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Instant Scenery problems
    Posted: April-13-2014 at 4:34am
Hi all
I have Flight1 Instant Scenery 3 and this problem:
After saving a polygon file, it will not show when I restart FS in order to place 3-d objects on it.
The polygon is on a water surface. Is it that water will always stay on top? How can I work around this?

Also: After saving 3-D Objects, the next time I start FS there is a huge belt around the objects that shows no autogen trees. I thought this was to prevent autogen objects to pop up where I have new instant scenery objects placed, but I can hardly believe how far (a couple hundret feet) this restriction reaches away from my objects.

Peter
FSDiscoverer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FSDiscoverer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2014 at 8:25pm
1) You cannot place polygons on a water surface, sorry. Water always takes precedence. This is the way FSX works, we cannot do anything about it - you can create water polygons on land, but no land polygons on water.

2) Each model has a "box" defined around it that determines the area where autogen is removed. This roughly corresponds to the box shown by Instant Scenery when you select the object in the Move/Delete mode. Maybe one of the objects you are using has an oversized box, which causes the effect you are observing.

You can try opening object properties and enabling "Keep autogen under the object" to stop this. But you need to find the offending object first.

petergloor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petergloor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2014 at 3:37pm
Thank you very much.
Another question:
I read the handbook but I am not sure now if I have to save the objects in a certain place under the scenery folder I am currently at - e.g. when I am in Europe, do I save an instant scenery bgl under the, say, Germany scenery folder?
Peter
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSDiscoverer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2014 at 7:35pm
You can save the scenery file into any folder where FSX will find them.

It's better to save into "Addon Scenery" or create your own folder and add it to the scenery library, so that your scenery files don't mix with the stock scenery that came with FSX. But this is purely for your own convenience - otherwise it will be nearly impossible to find all files you created if you e.g. move to a new PC.

GaryGB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryGB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2014 at 9:29am
Hello:

Just to clarify an important detail about FS: it will only find and load BGL files (regardless of compiler type) when they are inside a \Scenery sub-folder associated with a "top-folder" which is set "active" in the FS Scenery Library dialog.

For example, [FSX install path]\Addon Scenery "top-folder" contains a \Scenery sub-folder which is used as the default folder for output by Instant Scenery (aka "IS") until one manually changes the target folder output path.

One can also create a custom entry for one's project(s) under [FSX install path]\Addon Scenery "top-folder" which contains its own \Scenery sub-folder chain:

[FSX install path]\Addon Scenery\[my project name]\Scenery

Many FS users prefer this latter approach, as it allows one to better track and manage one's projects, and to individually enable / disable such projects for troubleshooting via the entry in FS Scenery Library dialog (...which must be added manually to allow FS to "know" that folder chain exists, and thus to activate / de-activate BGLs for one's project).

Hope this info helps ! Smile

GaryGB
Harmandeep Singh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harmandeep Singh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2014 at 8:45am
I have Instant Scenery 3.
I closed my favourite window in IS3. Now I dont know how to open my favourite window
Please help..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petergloor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2014 at 3:05pm
Thanks for your good replies.
Sorry but a new problem has come up but I am sure you will be able to solve it, too.

There is the move and delete function. When I select it to move an object, I don t seem to get out of the function to continue placing new objects. First I click to get a padlock symbol after having moved my object, but then I cannot get on by right clicking the mouse. Sometimes I can only close IS3 and reopen to continue.
Peter
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSDiscoverer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2014 at 6:31am
The padlock symbol doesn't move the object, it just temporarily freezes it so that you can e.g. reposition your airplane. Click left to unfreeze it again.

To finish the move, you shoud right-click and select Move (or Cancel to avoid moving the object).

After that, you can right click and disable the Move/Delete mode in the context menu.

Also, the Tab key will switch between Add objects and Move/Delete modes.

Harmandeep Singh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harmandeep Singh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2014 at 7:52am
I have Instant Scenery 3.
I closed my favourite window in Instant Scenery 3.
 Now, I dont know how to open again my favourite window
Please help..Cry
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSDiscoverer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2014 at 7:47pm
Right click in the list of thumbnails and select Open favorites in the menu that appears.

Andrey_Russia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrey_Russia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2014 at 8:54pm
Hello! Sorry for my English, I write with the help of Google translator!
I purchased this program and overall very satisfied! However, there is a problem ! I tried to create polygons land and this experience is unfortunate ! Created polygon appears as a flat image (as Ground polygon ) , for example , I chose LC Mix Forest, on the created polygon 3D objects do not appear in the form of forest trees - I see only "pseudo" flat wood, in the form of photos .. In what can be the problem? Polygons created as a photo - terrain my scenery , and the default LC in the simulator.
After I re- load the scenary with whom I worked in Instant Scenery 3 , I do not see I created LC ... However, I've created Autogen objects ( houses, cars ) and are displayed in the right place .
Another question - created ground water , as if I did not change its properties ( ocean, river ) water remains visually default. Is this normal?
Also , on top of my photo - terrain I created polygon roads with traffic , after loading the scene , I see that there is traffic on the road , but the road there is no texture , visible only to the road from Google photo cards . What am I doing wrong , please explain !))
Yes, and even about the forest ))) I also enjoyed the program ScenPro from Arno, with the help of course sets up badly autogen , but Lend- class displayed in full 3D with trees ..
Will there be support Prepar 3D in this program ?
dbutler View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbutler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2014 at 11:32am
I have Instant Scenery 3 and despite the fact that I can add to favorites I cannot access "Open Favorites".

I right click on an object but get the following sub menu:

Add to favorites >
Display as List
Thumbnail size >
Thumbnail maker

No "open favorites" which I know should appear after Thumbnail size

This is a copy of FavoritesFSX.xml
<InstantScenery.FavoriteModels>
    <AppVersion>3, 0, 0, 3</AppVersion>
    <Group>
        <Name>My Favorites</Name>
        <Favorite>
            <GUID>761d3968-4d94-d167-e866-628530dda419</GUID>
        </Favorite>
    </Group>
    <Group>
        <Name>Armenia</Name>
        <Favorite>
            <GUID>03074061-5116-2310-1751-102306000000</GUID>
        </Favorite>
        <Favorite>
            <GUID>03074061-5116-2310-1751-102307000000</GUID>
        </Favorite>
        <Favorite>
            <GUID>03074061-5116-2310-1751-102301000000</GUID>
        </Favorite>
        <Favorite>
            <GUID>761d3968-4d94-d167-e866-62852ddda419</GUID>
        </Favorite>
        <Favorite>
            <GUID>03074061-5116-2310-1751-102329000000</GUID>
        </Favorite>
    </Group>
</InstantScenery.FavoriteModels>

Can you help please

Dave Butler

dbutler View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbutler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2014 at 10:54am
Can anyone help with "Open Favorites" not showing up in its sub menu. See my post above
This is using Windows 8.1
Dave Butler
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSDiscoverer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2014 at 11:54am
Originally posted by dbutler dbutler wrote:

I have Instant Scenery 3 and despite the fact that I can add to favorites I cannot access "Open Favorites".

I right click on an object but get the following sub menu:

Add to favorites >
Display as List
Thumbnail size >
Thumbnail maker

No "open favorites" which I know should appear after Thumbnail size

It appears the Favorites window somehow glided off screen, and since IS3 remembers its window location, it opens it every time at the same (invisible) location.

You can try running ModuleInstaller from the IS3 program files folder. Tell it to uninstall the module, then run it again and tell it to install the module. This will clear the registry settings, including the favorites window location.

Note that you will lose all settings you made in IS3 options if you do this (favorites will not be affected).

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSDiscoverer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2014 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by Andrey_Russia Andrey_Russia wrote:

I purchased this program and overall very satisfied! However, there is a problem ! I tried to create polygons land and this experience is unfortunate ! Created polygon appears as a flat image (as Ground polygon ) , for example , I chose LC Mix Forest, on the created polygon 3D objects do not appear in the form of forest trees - I see only "pseudo" flat wood, in the form of photos .. In what can be the problem? Polygons created as a photo - terrain my scenery , and the default LC in the simulator.

Welcome to the forum!

This is normal behavior. While you are editing terrain polygons, they appear as flat surfaces without any trees. Otherwise, the frame rate would drop too much - placing trees (and moving them every time you edit the polygon) takes a lot of time.

After you restart FSX, it will recognize you scenery and display it properly, including autogen objects.

After I re- load the scenary with whom I worked in Instant Scenery 3 , I do not see I created LC ... However, I've created Autogen objects ( houses, cars ) and are displayed in the right place .

If you created your landclass over water or over a photorealistic scenery, it will not appear. This is the standard behavior of FSX, we cannot do anything about it.

Another question - created ground water , as if I did not change its properties ( ocean, river ) water remains visually default. Is this normal?

This is normal. We allowed selecting the water type because the FSX SDK allows it - but you are right, all water types appear the same in FSX (there is some global map in FSX which specifies which region gets which water type I think).

Also , on top of my photo - terrain I created polygon roads with traffic , after loading the scene , I see that there is traffic on the road , but the road there is no texture , visible only to the road from Google photo cards . What am I doing wrong , please explain !))

Photo terrain has a higher priority than roads and polygons. If you try add roads and polygons over photo terrain, FSX will not display them. FSX will display the road traffic though. This is the normal behavior of FSX, we cannot do anything about that.

Will there be support Prepar 3D in this program ?
We are working on it.

dbutler View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbutler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2014 at 12:45pm
Tried running ModuleInstaller from the IS3 program files folder but when I try to access IS3 I keep getting "invalid licence". Do I need to uninstall and start again. I have the appropriate "key" file

David Butler
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSDiscoverer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2014 at 3:52pm
Maybe you should download the wrapper from the product page and install it again. After running the wrapper, click the Reinstall button instead of paying and follow the instructions.

dbutler View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbutler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2014 at 8:29am
Thanks very much a complete re-install did the trick.

Dave Butler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petergloor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2014 at 4:18pm
Next
After creating polygons, and having selected a particular texture type, e.g. in my example dirt or barren tundra, I reload the scenery and -bang- the texture has changed. One is (rock?), the other is something like airport texture. Re-starting FS has even brought back the original "suburban" texture of the original ORBX scenery.

First:

Next:

I would appreciate any tips from you. Placing objects etc works fine, setting exclude squares as well, placing roads over the original scenery is fine, but texture polygons have not worked for me in ORBX Southern Alaska. Note, I have set Instant Scenery BGL at the highest level in FS, and everything I have created set to normal display density.
PEter
Peter
Sonar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2018 at 1:32am
In addition to Dave Butler's post about not being able to acces the favourite maps, I have the same problem. I runned the ModuleInstaller from the IS3 program again but still no favourites.

By saying "download the wrapper from the product page and install it again" you mean I should download the whole program (version 3.07) from the Flight 1 Software again via the direct download and reinstall the whole package again?

Cause I don't know what "wrapper" means.

Sonar
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic