SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Scenery and Mission Making Tools
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Instant Scenery 3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Instant Scenery 3
    Posted: November-17-2016 at 10:43am
Can somebody please confirm whether or not Instant Scenery 3 works with FSX SE without having to change it's innards ?

I'm thinking of buying it,  but want to know whether I'll be able to use it without having to make a lot of changes.

Other topics in this forum muddy the water by mixing P3D, FSX and FSX SE all in one topic which confuses everything.

Many thanks
jyarddog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jyarddog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2016 at 2:17pm
Peterc- As I  understand- it will work in all. In fact- there were one or two updates of Instant scenery to make it work in P3d.

Also- If it works in FSX, it will work in SE. Bob
My cat's philosophy ~ Life's a pain.... then you nap.
FSDiscoverer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSDiscoverer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2016 at 7:44pm
Yes, IS3 works with FSX SE.
ubotes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ubotes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2020 at 2:34pm
After a long wait beginning this year I was finally able to get an FSX capable PC.
So I have on SSD C:/Steam/// FSX SE , Flyaway Freemesh, UTX USA CAN AK EUR Trop SA 
ASIA and FsceneX  To me my FSX looks fantastic realistic at constant FPS 30.
Only thing that disappoints me in FSX is the emptiness of allmost all airports/airfields, except
maybe the few big-ones. I have Justflight360 for AI traffic and Zinertech HD FSX Airports.
This improves things but strangly I find FSX airports more empty and abandoned then FS9
airports. Now first add-on I bought for FS9 was LAGO FSSE. I used it every day. Total and complete freedom in adding objects everywhere in FS9 scenery and airports. I have created
more than 100 SE2 files and they all work, even on airports that are allready an add-on (payware) in itself.  But what really surprised me is the fact only a few placed objects were enough to 'pimp up' an airport. Few Lightpoles, few fences, few parked aircraft on the Apron
a Fueltruck, a Firetruck and next time I taxied in the airport was alive.  FSSE worked within its own menu in FS9, move the object with [CTRL][Slew] move own viewpoint with [Slew] Easy to place 20 different objects in 5 minutes. In want this in my FSX too. I just want to place some default FSX (airport)objects in or on the airports. Just a Barn, Hangar, (Blast)Fence , a few static aircraft, some lightpoles, thats all. I totally dont't care if the airport resembles the real world or not. I just want to put some live in those empty default (smaller) FSX airports, as long as my objects do not confict with AI traffic spots. My question, can I do this with Instant Scenery 3 or do I better start with another program?  Sofar I've tried:  ADE,  AFX,  RWY12, Whisplacer, WAMA and FSX Object Placement Tool. I'm almost ashamed to say that untill now I have not been able to place and reproduce not one single object anywhere in FSX. I cannot 
get ADE , Whisplace and FSX Object Placement Tool to even start and show itself in FSX.
Have to say that the manuals from these programs are all very elaborate 100 pages or more what the program can do and is capable off but they are extremely limited in telling excactly
how to do it for beginners like me. I wish there were more tutorials for complete beginners like me explaining what is a BGL  what is a XML and a MDL what is an API what is a POLY.
What files make up an Object Library and where are they placed or do they have to be placed.

I have Whisplacer: on start up it says: 
-------------------------------------------------------
You did not download or install the thumbnails collection into the Whisplacer directory. The image package can be downloaded at:http://lc0277.nerim.net/whisplacer.html. Untill you install the archive, no images will be displayed. 

The link is 'dead' , no 'filename'of the package is given , not telling how (exe or copy)or where to install the archive.  

I tried FSX SDK 'Object Placement Tool' I can start it but then I come no further than: 
'Please lower your viewpoint'    I go in FSX, lower my viewpoint but when I return to
OPT the same high viewpoint is restored , so I stay in a Loop. 
I managed one time to make one XML, I gave it my own name: PeterTest
I start BGLComp that is in the Environment Kit/ BGL Compiler Kit SDK folder, The SSD is flickering, something is done. But not on my whole SSD or HD I can find a file: PeterTest.BGL 
or something like that.
I think buying : Instant Scenery 3. and begin with that. I have 1 question: What is the best location to install it: The suggested: C:/Program files(X86)///  or outside the 'Program Files(X86) but in Steam or FSX.  
Could someone give me an advice on this.
thanks in advance

piet06273
ualani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ualani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2020 at 8:40am
Doesn't matter where it's installed. 
ubotes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ubotes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2020 at 2:49pm
Mr.Ualani
thanks so much for yr reply, really appreciate it, could you please help me a little to get
me going, since it appears I have 2 issues now. 
1)  FSUIPC4 is no longer in FSX menu
     When I reinstall it and reload FSX I get the error: Flight Simulator has detected a problem         with 3rd Party Software  etc...............

2)  Flight1 Instant scenery installs in C:/Prgram Files(x86) but when I start FSX I get exact the same error message......

Right now I have the feeling that FSX is slowly slipping out of my hands and I don't like that because these are issues that I don't know anything about.

First I uninstalled: Instant Scenery 3  Then I did an integrity check of my FSX through Steam, about 300 files were not found and were reloaded. I restarted FSX but still had the error messages. Then I deleted all FSUIPC files from FSX/Modules and at least FSX ran without issues and without Instant Scenery of course. 
Now i am thinking but unfortunately more guessing what to do next:
- Try to set up Instant scenery and look at the FSUIPC issue afterwards or does Instant Scenery need a correct working FSUIPC to work. Both programs need correct lines to be added to : Name/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX/ DLL.XML 

is this correct:  (I also have LVLD B767)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Level-D Simulations</Name>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>Modules\LVLD.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
    <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Instant Scenery</Name>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Instant Scenery 3\InstantSceneryFSX.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have no other controls then Keyboard and mouse.  All I want is add a few default static FSX objects into my FSX , how hard can that be.... I'm so embarassed that my knowledge is so
limited . I need to know what route to take:  Search and delete all traces of the earlier installments and then Reinstall , check and/or edit DLL.XML manually. I sure hope that there is no issue with my WIN10 register. My fingers are floating above the keyboard but I simply don't
know what to do first... Could you give some advice for which I thank you on beforehand....

piet06273
ubotes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ubotes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2020 at 3:21pm
from Ubotes: my previous post:
could this be a relevant  error log:?  If not please help me in providing the correct error-log

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
  <Provider Name="Service Control Manager" Guid="{555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}" EventSourceName="Service Control Manager" />
  <EventID Qualifiers="49152">7000</EventID>
  <Version>0</Version>
  <Level>2</Level>
  <Task>0</Task>
  <Opcode>0</Opcode>
  <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-07-01T18:54:21.445088400Z" />
  <EventRecordID>33924</EventRecordID>
  <Correlation />
  <Execution ProcessID="828" ThreadID="3128" />
  <Channel>System</Channel>
  <Computer>DESKTOP-72T0E96</Computer>
  <Security />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data Name="param1">SecDrv</Data>
  <Data Name="param2">%%1275</Data>
  <Binary>5300650063004400720076000000</Binary>
  </EventData>
  </Event>

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
  <Provider Name="Service Control Manager" Guid="{555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}" EventSourceName="Service Control Manager" /> 
  <EventID Qualifiers="49152">7000</EventID> 
  <Version>0</Version> 
  <Level>2</Level> 
  <Task>0</Task> 
  <Opcode>0</Opcode> 
  <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords> 
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-07-01T18:54:21.445088400Z" /> 
  <EventRecordID>33924</EventRecordID> 
  <Correlation /> 
  <Execution ProcessID="828" ThreadID="3128" /> 
  <Channel>System</Channel> 
  <Computer>DESKTOP-72T0E96</Computer>