SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Scenery and Mission Making Tools
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Instant Scenery 3 will not Delete Objects

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmanning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Instant Scenery 3 will not Delete Objects
    Posted: September-21-2019 at 4:17pm
I've been working with this for hours and still have not been able to accomplish what I'm trying to do. While adding some custom buildings I've created to place in FSX using Instant Scenery 3, I accidently added too many and have 3 of the same objects instead of just one. So, I need to delete 2 of them. This program has been too difficult to use and the manual is not well written and does not explain some things in detail. I'm following the directions to the tee regarding how to delete an object. On page 13, it says "You can only move and delete objects that you have previously added with Instant Scenery." So, the extra buildings I'm trying to delete is the object I've added previously, and I assume that they can still be deleted, even after closing Instant Scenery and the FSX. If not, the manual has not made that clear to me. When I click on the object I want to delete, it does nothing and no red wireframe is highlighted. What is the problem and why will the object highlight with the red wireframe so that I can delete it? And there have been times when I've click the delete object, the FSX crashes, and has done that on multiple occasions. If the objects cannot be deleted after a restart, how can I delete the objects?

Ken.
ualani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ualani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2019 at 1:20pm
If you can't select the duplicate objects in order to delete them, then it's very possible that you mistakenly added them to another scenery bgl instead of the one you were working on. You'd have to figure out what scenery they were saved to and load it into IS. Try to look to see if you can look at the file dates of your correct scenery and the file dates of other scenery on your system. If you see any dates that look close to your good scenery, then load the questionable one and see if your duplicates show up. If this doesn't make sense, ask again. 
kmanning View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmanning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2019 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by ualani ualani wrote:

If you can't select the duplicate objects in order to delete them, then it's very possible that you mistakenly added them to another scenery bgl instead of the one you were working on. You'd have to figure out what scenery they were saved to and load it into IS. Try to look to see if you can look at the file dates of your correct scenery and the file dates of other scenery on your system. If you see any dates that look close to your good scenery, then load the questionable one and see if your duplicates show up. If this doesn't make sense, ask again. 

Thanks for your replay.

I may not have made myself clear on the procedure I used to place my new scenery. The way I placed those bgl files was not done correctly. What I did was I exported my model as a kmz file and imported that file into Model Converter X. In Model Converter X, I exported the file as a bgl, which includs the placement information, and placed it in the Addon Scenery folder in my airport folder. Therefore, the scenery, along with the placement information, was built upon loading FSX and placed the new scenery before I even had the chance to place it myself using Instant Scenery. So, it was never placed by Instant Scenery. The correct way was for me to export the model as a DAE file, import into Model Converter X, and export it as a mdl file. Then launch the Instance Scenery's Library Maker, add the mdl model file and convert it into a bgl file, which will have NO placement information. Then launch FSX and use Instant Scenery to place the file. Upon placing the file, that placement information will then be written to the bgl file. But I still found that it is NOT possible to move or edit the previously added scenery, once you have closed Instant Scenery and FSX. If you launch Instant Scenery at a later time and decide to edit, delete, move, or you mess up on the previously added scenery, the scenery will not highlight with the red box and allow you to edit it. You'll have to add a new bgl, without the placement, to make any additional changes using Instant Scenery.

Ken.

ualani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ualani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2019 at 6:02pm
Therefore this isn't an Instant Scenery problem., but a problem with how you placed the objects using MCX. What I'd do is change the model's GUID in MCX and resave it as a bgl to your airport folder. Go to where you saved the original object's bgl in your airport scenery folder and delete it. Now when FSX loads, it won't be able to load the old object because it no longer exists. Now place your object with Instant Scenery and you should be good. Post back if this works for you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic