SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Scenery and Mission Making Tools
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Instant Scenery 3 not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marfarkar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Instant Scenery 3 not working
    Posted: July-21-2016 at 7:32pm
Hi, I have installed Instant Scenery 3 on my FSX-Steam Edition, But I cant see Instant scenery in the Addons in flight simulator. How can I get it to Work. I have read through the forums and see another customer with the same issue but didn't see any answers to the problem. I have windows 8 operating system and installed it as an administrator as well. Any help anyone could share on this would be greatly appreciated.
FSDiscoverer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSDiscoverer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2016 at 12:37pm
Please run ModuleInstaller from the Instant Scenery 3 installation folder and tell it to install the module.

If this doesn't help, please check whether you have an Instant Scenery log file. It is called InstantScenery.log and located in the folder

C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Roaming\Flight1\Instant Scenery

If this file exists, please post its contents. Thanks!

Marfarkar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marfarkar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2016 at 10:19pm
Hi thanks for getting back to me. Ok i have done the below suggestions. Ran the install module from the IS3 folder, but still not showing up in fsx se. I have also looked for the instantscenery.log which doesn't exist in the system. I have searched all drives and this file is no where to be found including all temp drives.

With regards to C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Roaming\Flight1\Instant Scenery

I don't have this. my display shows C:\Users\your username\AppData\Roaming\Flight1\moduleinstaller\ 

There is nothing in this folder. I have had IS2 on an old pc which had fsx accelleration and that worked a real treat, so I am at a bit of a loss as to why I can not get it to even appear in FSX-SE. Its so frustrating.
Marfarkar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marfarkar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2016 at 4:40am
Hi There wells its been 8 days since I last heard anything from you with still no resolve for the issue. Is there any other possible solutions to rectify the problem? 
davidhoare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidhoare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2016 at 8:03am
I also have this problem ..... the ISE3 is missing in FSX SE addon menu. I cannot therefore start it. I have searched the internet to no avail to fix the problem. Here is the contents of the dll.xml file.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Instant Scenery</Name>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Instant Scenery 3\InstantSceneryFSX.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Addon Manager</Name>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>bglmanx.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

I am using Windows 7 64bit and FSX steam.

I have also disabled the AVG antivirus and re installed the program. This seems to be a problem that others have had, but I cannot find the solution. Hope somebody can assist with this. 

Thank you in anticipation of your help.

David Hoare
davidhoare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidhoare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2016 at 8:04am
Did you find the answer to the problem?

SpectroPro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpectroPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2018 at 12:38am
Here we are...2 years later...I am having this issue.  My Flight1 folder in the users/me/appdata/roaming/flight1 folder is empty except for folder ModuleInstaller (which I have run and it said it ran fine) and is also empty.  I am on win10 pro 64bit and trying to install in Prepar3D v4.  It also will NOT install into my FSX game...  WTH???  Has ANYONE answered this or found a fix??

- Greg
corsair100 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corsair100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2018 at 2:20pm
IS3 is not compatible with P3Dv4. So if you can somehow run it let us now the miracle :)
Kent188 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kent188 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2018 at 10:22am
Hi,
I have Instant Scenery 3 for FSX.   I have been using it for years and thoroughly enjoy building accurate scenery for the areas I love to fly helos in.

This last week I downloaded Team SDBs Barksdale AFB and successfully loaded it into FSX.   I went to tweak some of the area around it and a file warning came up that I went and clicked yes on.   It erased ALL of my added scenery in FSX.

When I go to make new scenery I get a warning saying that the 'C:/Program.....(x86)….is not an active scenery folder."

Anybody know how I can get this back to where I can bring all my scenery back?
Or at least get this to where I can rebuild it because I can't even add any new scenery at all?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
FSDiscoverer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSDiscoverer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2018 at 8:34pm
Quote I went to tweak some of the area around it and a file warning came up that I went and clicked yes on.

Difficult to say what it was without knowing the exact wording of the warning.

Quote It erased ALL of my added scenery in FSX.

Are the BGL files gone, or is the scenery just not appearing in FSX?

Maybe your scenery library somehow got corrupted (did you erase any files in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX ?)

Quote When I go to make new scenery I get a warning saying that the 'C:/Program.....(x86)….is not an active scenery folder."

FSX searches for scenery files only in folders listed in its scenery library. This warning means you are trying to save your BGL file into a folder where FSX will not find it.
Kent188 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kent188 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2018 at 9:54pm
its says:
The Folder

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\scenery"

Is not an active scenery folder. With current settings, Flight simulator does not use scenery files from this folder.

Are you sure to open a scenery file from this folder.

Yes     No
____                                      

I must have done something to the file.   When I go to settings, scenery library, and 'add area', I click on the Addon Scenery file, and it opens up.
It has 'scenery' file, and the Barksdale file, and texture.   When I click on 'scenery' it shows no files.

I have may scenery still on the desk top folder, and when I open it, it shows all of my BGL files still there.

Just need to know who to drop this file back into the Addon Scenery folder or at least open this file when I start a new file in FSX for Instant Scenery.
I have no real clue about computer procedures or protocol.
ddavid View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2018 at 7:22am
Come on, Frank - be grateful for small mercies! At least the dev is still around.
By the way, I still use I.S. 2 and am a very happy bunny - don't want P3D compatibility, either!
Cheers - Dai. Cool
SpectroPro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpectroPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2018 at 7:57am
I have purchased every version....and love it.  However, I no longer use FSX and would love to UPGRADE my IS to be able to use it with a much better sim..  Prepar3D v4.3+...  I know people are using it with P3D v3 but I didn't buy that version..  I can't even upgrade my own airport creations to work with my new sim...and that sucks!

Greg
Kent188 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kent188 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2018 at 8:34pm
anybody have any clues about how I can get my scenery folder to open when I try to use it?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic