SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Opus Software
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Installing OPUS for FSX problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wxman2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Installing OPUS for FSX problem
    Posted: January-24-2020 at 9:25pm
Hello,

I just purchased the OpusFS v5 for FSX and when I am reading the manual to install, I am having a little difficulty. I followed the instructions by created a desktop shortcut for FSISERVER.EXE and when I open it, this is no option for me to select the FSX directory, only Prepar3D. Am I to presume that the Prepar3D Installation Folder is the same for FSX?? Also, after I start FSX, Opus does not show up in my Addon Menu.

Opus Software View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2020 at 4:26am
Hi,

You must tell the FSISERVER.EXE program to start in FSX mode by supplying an FSX program argument. By default it starts in P3D mode. See first page of Getting Started Guide.

So run the software as...

C:\OpusFSI_v5\FSISERVER.EXE FSX

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2020 at 4:30am
Automatically Selecting the Simulator Type

The FSISERVER program will accept an optional argument to automatically select the simulator type when it runs. 

FSISERVER.EXE FSX

FSISERVER.EXE STEAM  

FSISERVER.EXE P3D

FSISERVER.EXE P3D2

FSISERVER.EXE P3D3 (or P3D30, P3D31, P3D32, P3D33, P3D3, P3D34

FSISERVER.EXE P3D4 (or P3D40, P3D41, P3D42, P3D43, P3D44, P3D45)

So if you have FSX, FSX Steam Edition and/or P3D you can create desktop shortcuts, one running 'c:\OpusFSI_v5\FSISERVER.EXE FSX' for Microsoft FSX, one running 'c:\OpusFSI_v5\FSISERVER.EXE STEAM' for FSX Steam Edition, and the other running 'c:\OpusFSI_v5\FSISERVER.EXE P3D' for the latest version of Lockheed Martin Prepar3D (use the other arguments listed above for specific versions of P3D).  

Note, specifying any combination of P3D, P3D4 or P3D45 and above will select the latest Prepar3D v4.5 mode of operation.

The FSICLIENT program will accept an optional argument NONE to select a No Connection To Simulator type for the FSICLIENT and activate the dotNet 4 client program.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2020 at 4:32am
You MUST add the FSX program argument as the sim types are different and require different dotNet 2 or 4 libraries to be prepared.

Regards
Stephen
wxman2011 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wxman2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2020 at 2:48pm
Ok,

I did as suggested and now I got the program to read as FSX. However, I think the instructions could be written a bit more clearer. For example in the Getting Started Manual in the Automatically Selecting the Simulator Type section,

- Right click on the shortcut icon. When tab opens, select the Shortcut Tab. In the Target section, you will indicate which simulator type you have after the entry C:\OpusFSI_v5\

FSISERVER.EXE FSX
FSISERVER.EXE STEAM
FSISERVER.EXE P3D
FSISERVER.EXE P3D2
FSISERVER.EXE P3D3
FSISERVER.EXE P3D4

Example, as per the screenshot, for those who have FSX, the Target area should read as shown.

Also, I wanted to know if OpusFSI has the ability to create a weather file that can be imported into PFPX?

I saw in a youtube video that an earlier version of OpusFSI had a opus2pfpx.exe file and opus2pfpx_win10.exe file that a created a "current_weather.txt" file which in turn allowed you to import it into PFPX via the FSGRW pathway within PFPX. The version I have, v5, doesn't have those 2 EXE files. Has that option been discontinued or is there something I need to download??

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2020 at 2:53pm
these were not our programs, the generated report or source files will exist though. I do think the GS Guide is quite clear and mentions the start up options in several places right at the start of the guide.

Stephen
wxman2011 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wxman2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2020 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Opus Software Opus Software wrote:

I do think the GS Guide is quite clear and mentions the start up options in several places right at the start of the guide.

No they don't. It says you can add the simulator type after the .EXE name but it doesn't say exactly where to put it. It does tell you how the entry should look like, "C:\OpusFSI\FSISERVER.EXE FSX" If it said that in the Target section within the properities tabs is where the entry needed to modify, then I would have done it earlier. I put the FSX name after the .EXE in 2 different places because I didn't know where to put it until I figuree out that it needed to be added in the Target Section of properties tab as shown in screenshot. That's what should be said in the manual.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic