SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Cessna 162 SkyCatcher
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

[In Progress] My PFD and MFD stop working...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ERJ123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [In Progress] My PFD and MFD stop working...
    Posted: February-01-2012 at 11:19am
My PFD and MFD stop allowing me to click on anything after various amounts of time in flight.  After reviewing other posts I tried using the FSX Safe Startup for Complex Aircraft.  I still run into the same issue.  I'm wondering if I'm not loading the FSX Safe Startup for Complex Aircraft correctly.  Here is steps I take to start FSX.

-Double click on FSX icon.
-FSX starts.  Also REX starts.
-I have FSX Safe Startup for Complex Aircraft selected as the default flight.  I click the Fly now button.  It loads the flight and I start in the default ultralight.  I then switch to the Skycatcher.  Is this the correct procedure?  Is there a certain airport I should be starting at?

Any help would be greaatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Chris
Jeff Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2012 at 1:41pm
Hello Chris,

What operating system are you running? Where do you have FSX installed? What are the various amounts of time?
Keep the Blue Side UP! - Flight1 Sales / Customer Support
ERJ123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ERJ123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2012 at 2:09pm
Windows 7 64bit.

It's installed in the the default location.

Anywhere from 5 to 25 minutes.
ERJ123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ERJ123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2012 at 9:29pm
I added the following to my fsx.cfg file:

[GRAPHICS]
HIGHMEMFIX=1
I just did about a 1/2hr flight without any issues.
I will try some longer flights this weekend to see if this really has fixed it.  Fingers crossed.

Chris
ERJ123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ERJ123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2012 at 12:16pm

Sorry for taking so long to get back.  Haven't had time to flight sim in a while.  Ran into the same issue last night.  Problem isn't solved.

Ed Struzynski View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Struzynski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2012 at 5:07pm
The MFD and PFD continue to update, but only mouse clicks are not working?

The HIGHMEMFIX and FSX Safe Startup for Complex Aircraft changes are very unlikely to make any difference.

Do mouse clicks work in the VC, and in other gauges when they aren't working for the G300?
texerrn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texerrn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2012 at 9:04pm
I have a similar issue. Just went to click on pfd to enlarge it. not working, was working earlier in the flight. after 20 min flight only the auto pilot switch works, the only item left in the cockpit that is working. a mystery! think i will delete and try to reload the whole product again.
markadeane View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markadeane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2012 at 8:39pm
I find that I lose my button functionality if the yoke/stick/thing is hidden. Check to see if it is hidden, and if so unhide it.

If that's not the cause then my apologies. :)
Mark Adeane
NZWN
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2012 at 2:37pm
Just wondering if you got this issue resolved? I don't think the mouse issues have to do with the install location, but it is recommended that you install FSX and our addons in its own directory, i.e. C:\FSX to minimize issues with our software in Windows 7 / Vista.
pracines View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pracines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2013 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by markadeane markadeane wrote:

I find that I lose my button functionality if the yoke/stick/thing is hidden. Check to see if it is hidden, and if so unhide it.

If that's not the cause then my apologies. :)

I have discovered the same thing - if I hide a yoke, I lose the ability to click/use on the PFD and MFD in 3D. but I can still operate the PFD and MFD by using the 2D popups.

I'm not sure if this is too big an issue in my case because the yokes don't really hide anything on the panel anyway so I have no need to really hide the yokes.
mynetdude2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mynetdude2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2013 at 8:20pm
same problem here too; wow I can't believe this isn't fixed?

Unhiding the yoke doesn't fix the problem, unfortunately! 

But knowing what causes the problem does help for once, and its true the yoke doesn't really block anything which is nice.  I flew it without problems yesterday and then I discovered this today ha! :P 
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2013 at 8:36pm
Hello,

I will try and take a look at it over the weekend to see if I have the same results.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2013 at 12:12pm
Hello,

Indeed, there is an issue with this after testing it. I have let dev know and they will look into it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic