SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Flight One Product Support
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - (In Progress) FS Aspen Can't find license DLL file
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

(In Progress) FS Aspen Can't find license DLL file

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PA34Driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: (In Progress) FS Aspen Can't find license DLL file
    Posted: February-02-2019 at 12:02pm
When I startup FSX and attempt to bring up the Aspen panel, the panel comes up, but within that panel an error message states "License verification failed, error = . Can't find license DLL file".   

The application had been running fine, but then suddenly this error message start popping up.  

I tried uninstalling the app and then reinstalling, but the same message keeps coming up.  

I have disabled my firewall and virus protection software, but this doesn't help.  
Tom
Steve Halpern View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Halpern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2019 at 9:57am
Hi,

Unfortunately it is either your virus scanner or Windows Defender lurking in the background. We have seen scanners not really disable properly, or they disable then delete files on a re-enable. You may need to exclude the install folder from scanning.
Steve

PA34Driver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PA34Driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2019 at 10:48am
Okay thanks Steve I'll give that a try.  Do I need to do that first and then reinstall FS Aspen, or is it sufficient to make that change during run time?  
Tom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PA34Driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2019 at 11:25am
I checked Windows Defender and a message comes up "This program is turned off."  

I went into Norton Security and added exclusions for the drive where FSX is installed, the Flight One Software folder, and the program fsaspen.exe.  

I disabled "Smart Firewall" and "Auto-Protect" within Norton Security.  

Finally, I uninstalled and then reinstalled FSAspen.  

No change.  Same error message.  

Can you see any steps that I might be missing?  

Thanks in advance for your assistance.  

Tom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PA34Driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2019 at 5:56pm
I now tried to completely uninstall my security software (Norton Security), and then tried installing Flight One Aspen from scratch.  

Again, no change.  

Assistance would be greatly appreciated.  
Tom
Jeff Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2019 at 12:35pm
Hello Tom,

Did you reinstall using the original download from the product page (The one with the red icon)?

What operating system are you using?
Keep the Blue Side UP! - Flight1 Sales / Customer Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PA34Driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2019 at 1:11pm
Hi Jeff,

Yes, I sign into my Flight1 account.  I go to the Aspen page, and about 3/4 of the way down the page there is a "Download Now Available" link.  I click on that link and it downloads an "fsaspen.exe".  I click on that exe.  I get a pop-up with a message stating "The publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this software".  I click on "Run".  That returns a pop-up reminding me that I have to be connected to the internet.  I click on "Okay". Another pop-up asks if I will be running on "this computer" or "another computer". I check "This computer" and click on continue.  This take me the 1-2-3 step payment process.  Items 1 and 2 are pre-filled with my userid and name.  I click on the "Click Here to Reinstall" button.  I agree to the terms of service.  THe next pop-up i check the box to "reinstall using your Flight1 Login and Password." and click on the validate button.  Next pop-up states that FSAspen has a valid registration.  And the installation proceeds.  

I am on Windows 7.  
Tom
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2019 at 7:22pm
Hello,

Try right-clicking and running the download fsaspen.exe as an administrator. Also, it is best that you have FSX installed in it's own directory, i.e. C:\FSX and not under the Program Files folder.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PA34Driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2019 at 4:14pm
Hi Jeff,
Yes, I did a right-click and run as administrator on the fsaspen.exe.  
And I do have FSX on its own directory, and on it's own dedicated drive E:\FSX.
Tom
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2019 at 8:27pm
Hello,

You mentioned it was working fine before, then stopped. This is an issue with security or some other application that was installed that started interfering with the software.

I would retrace the steps on what was installed or changed on your system to isolate the issue. We really cannot offer much more support as this is a system issue, not an issue with the software. Use the suggestions above as well again to help isolate the problem.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PA34Driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2019 at 6:05pm
Thanks for your help thus far, and understood that there's not much more you can do.  

It's really strange.  I've built three of these FSX platforms from the ground up, virtually identical with this same combination of add-ons, and mine is the only one that stopped working.  

If I do end up figuring out what's going on, I'll report back to this forum.  

But in the meantime, thanks again for your help.  

Tom
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2019 at 12:54pm
Hello Tom,

Yes, please report back if you find a solution so if any others have the same issue. Sorry I can't offer more assistance.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PA34Driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2019 at 3:05pm
Will do.  And if you ever come up with an Aspen add-on panel that works with P3D, please us know.  Our main objective with this sim is to emulate our Seneca in as much detail as possible.  That's why we're using the Carenado Seneca, the Reality XP 530, and the Flight1 Aspen add-ons.  The Carenado and 530 are now available on P3D.  So if and when the Aspen becomes available on P3D, we'll be able to convert over to the newer platform.  

Thanks,
Tom
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic