SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Cessna 162 SkyCatcher
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ILS/GPS Approaches?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coasterking1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ILS/GPS Approaches?
    Posted: December-18-2013 at 9:53pm
I looked through the manual and couldn't find anything about GPS or ILS approaches. Is this not possible in the 162?
quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2013 at 10:21pm
As noted in the second paragraph of page 5 of the pilot's manual supplied with the product, the Skycatcher is designed for VFR flight rules. As such the MFD/PFD and auto-pilot do not provide for IFR GPS/ILS approaches.

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
coasterking1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coasterking1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2013 at 11:11am
Not a problem. I saw that on page 5 and figured it wasn't programed, but I wanted to check because of the great Garmin simulation. It's an excellent aircraft, but the approaches would be nice to have. I don't think that just because the skycatcher was designed for VFR that approaches couldn't be added. In real life I fly a few aircraft, but the smallest is a 172 which is also for VFR flight, but I can do GPS and ILS approaches if desired. I mainly just set it up so I make sure I'm on the correct glide path, but I hand fly it all the way down. No regrets purchasing the 162, prob my favorite general aircraft of all time (excluding King air which I consider more commercial anyway)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic