SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > FSiPanel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ILS changing to incorrect course setting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanabflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ILS changing to incorrect course setting
    Posted: May-28-2014 at 8:33am
Hi JP, I thought I would start a new topic as I was posting in a solved issue thread.

When I select the runway 23 at CYYZ, the correct 237 deg is displayed in the runway selection dialog and when my plane is initiating and FSiPanel is setting up, the display at the top left of my FD is 237 deg. Just before going into pause and being reminded to check my AP and set APP mode, the plane slews a degree to the left and the number at the top left of my FD changes to 238 degrees.

Regards,
Rick.

Edit: I am flying the PMDG 777.
USN O6 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USN O6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2014 at 9:52am
Hi Rick,

J-P will be along, but I wanted to ask:

- are using the clear skies theme or injecting WX?

- what happens when you unpause the sim and arm LOC?
Best,
Jim

wanabflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanabflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2014 at 10:53am
Hi Jim, I am using no weather engine, I have Opus but do not activate it when using FSiPanel.

After the aircraft slews that one degree off course and I activate my APP mode and unpause the sim, the aircraft continues a descent to the thresh hold, but at that one degree angle offset to the runway CL.

I have also tried with the PMDG 737NGX and during the FSiPanel setup and immediately before pause, the aircraft slew's to that one degree offset and the two course setting windows on the MCP change from 237 to 238 degrees for RWY23 CYYZ as one example. I don't know if I have a default airport problem here, because this does not occur on my Flightbeam and FSDT airports.

Rick.

Edit: Now it appears that with the NGX, the course setting on both the Cpt & FO displays changes to the one degree difference as soon as I press the APP or the LOC button on the MCP and once this I happens, I cannot change it back.
USN O6 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USN O6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2014 at 2:58pm
Hi Rick,

Just tested your issue with the iFly 737 and the stock FSX CYYZ.

FSiPanel set 237 as the course on the MCP and the ND. During slewing to finalize the position, the ND changed to 147, but when the slew was complete 237 was again set on the ND. The MCP course did not change from 237.

Are you using a addon AFCAD or have you changed the magdec file?
Best,
Jim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanabflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2014 at 3:22pm
I changed the magdec file to try to correct the problem with no luck. What now seems to be happening now is that, depending on the airport and runway, sometimes the FD course display will change and the plane will slew that one degree, sometimes the value on the FD stays correct but the plane still slews and sometimes the value will change but the aircraft will remain on the correct runway heading, but it is always the same happening on the same airport/runway. In other words exactly the same issue repeats itself on the same airport and runway without fail.

Strangely enough, I have tried two of my Addon airports (KLAS & KSFO) and there isn't a problem.

Rick.
USN O6 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USN O6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2014 at 3:40pm
Very strange, Rick. I'm sure J-P will be along with a comment.
Best,
Jim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanabflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2014 at 9:04pm
Update: This definitely seem's to be a default airport problem because all of my Flightbeam and FSDT airports at fine on all ILS runways.

I hope I can fix this without a reinstall of FSX, so any suggestions?

Rick.
J-P Garraio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2014 at 2:01am
Hi Rick,

Do you have any MCP hardware ?
Do you have any key or joystick axis assigned to NAV course setting?

Once the PMFG 737 is loaded, you will see the FSX ILS courses set. from that point, FSiPanel doesn't modify these courses anymore, except on iFly 737.

As in FSX database, the ILS course are stored as magnetic track, changing or updating the magnetic deviation file will not affect the result in that case, it will however affect the heading...

Do you always get 1 degree left ?

Cheers,

J-P

FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanabflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2014 at 6:27am
Hi JP.

No MCP hardware.
No Nav Course settings assigned to my yoke buttons.
Depending on my runway heading, that slew could be to the right or left.

I have made many, many approaches now and it seems that since updating my MagDec bgl, the course does not adjust in my aircraft, but immediately prior to FSiPanel going to pause, the aircraft will slew to the left or right (depending on my heading) and my aircraft is tracking bang on the correct heading per my ND when on the localizer.

Edit: KBOS.

RWY 33L - after FSiPanel initialize, top left FD display = 330 deg. MCP changes from 331 to 330 deg when pressing APP button during pause. A/C lines up perfectly with RWY CL and lands perfectly.

RWY 15R - after FSiPanel initialize, top left FD display = 149 deg. MCP changes from 150 to 149 deg when pressing APP button during pause. A/C slew's to right several degrees to right but no values change on displays just prior to pause.
Have to take over and land manually.

RWY 04R - Exactly the same as 33L but from 036 deg to 035 deg.

RWY 22L - Exactly the same as 33L & 04R but from 216 deg to 215 deg.

Personally I don't know much about AFCADS and BGLs, but I think there is something going on with the default airports in that department, but I have no idea how to play around with those files.

Rick.
J-P Garraio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2014 at 3:08pm
Looks like an AFCS behavior from your 737..

When FSiPanel asks you to take over control AND before pressing APP mode, are the courses still correct in Pause mode?

If yes, can you try to release the pause, check the courses and then Arm the APP.

cheers,

J-P
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanabflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2014 at 3:54pm
You can set the course to what you want before arming APP, but as soon as you press the APP button the course changes back and then you can't change it after that. This goes for the PMDG T7 or the PMDG NGX.

Rick.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic