SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > EZdok Software
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

horizon hold

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bc621 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: horizon hold
    Posted: January-07-2017 at 5:40pm
I'm prob the only ezdok user who doesn't understand what this horizon hold does. I watched youtube videos but to me there's no difference with or without  horizon hold ? it looks all the same to me.
I tried activating it in the software. I made sure I had a a joystick button in the toggle box and the main  horizon hold box is also  green and active. No joy.

Any one with  fool-proof explanation  for me ?

Thanks
DavidP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2017 at 10:32pm
Don't worry, you're not the only one. I think V2 is very good, but don't understand horizon hold either.
simperfi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simperfi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2017 at 10:52am
can you guess when it is On and OFF in this video  I increased the head turn to emphasise the effect

video removed by owner 
Kevin
bc621 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bc621 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2017 at 7:26am
Bump.So anyone willing to explain what horizon hold actually does ?

Thanks
awfC421 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote awfC421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2017 at 9:53am
What it does to mimic the human head point toward the horizon while the aircraft is turning (so horizon almost a straight line on the camera)

When released the camera will focus on the VC so the head moves with the plane and not the horizon.
Easy to try in the sim just pick your preference aircraft, define a key or button to the horizon function in EZDOK.

Test flying in a straight line do a left or right turn and watch the horizon in the sim.
Again fly straight again and activate the function via the defined key or button and do a left or right turn and see the difference.

Other test you can do in your own home sitting on a chair lean your body to the left or right and move your head the opposite way, same effect in the sim ;-)

If you don't own EZDOK V2 just buy it, Flight 1 has 30 days return policy when you don't like it.

Hope it's helpful   
bc621 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bc621 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2017 at 11:59am
Originally posted by awfC421 awfC421 wrote:

Test flying in a straight line do a left or right turn and watch the horizon in the sim.
Again fly straight again and activate the function via the defined key or button and do a left or right turn and see the difference.

If you don't own EZDOK V2 just buy it, Flight 1 has 30 days return policy when you don't like it.

Hope it's helpful   

I own ezdok v2. i tried what you suggested but it's all the same to me.I know the camera  kinda banks with the plane but I don't see why it would be better with it on or off.I really do not see the diff. orr or on.

Thanks for explaining anyway.
pidder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pidder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2017 at 3:14pm
Hold horizon off: the panel is horizontaly, the "world" is moving:

Hold horizon "on" the horizon is nearly horizontaly, but the plane (panel) is moving:

Regards from Berlin, GER

Markus
pete_auau View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pete_auau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2017 at 10:57pm
markus,  that post clearly  defines  what  it  does  and  if  any one  doesn't  understand  still  needs  to go back to school
pete
bc621 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bc621 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2017 at 3:23am
@Markus.Verstanden, danke dir.
5767driver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5767driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2019 at 9:22pm
Flight training 101, dont compensate for the turn with your head. This can induce auto-kinetic “tumbling effect” and cause disorientation.  Plus - IFR flying you dont have a horizon to reference anyway so clearly it is not the way to fly. 
Maybe a nice feature for simmers; but if you sim and go flying as well - this is a habit that will get beat down from flight#1
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic