SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > FS Panel/Sound Studio Forums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help Please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimStork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help Please
    Posted: July-06-2010 at 9:12am
I am currently making a panel for the cessna 172 in FSX. I am using a custom bitmap and then adding gauges to it.

I follow the tabs for 'add panel to exixting aircraft' and then create the panel and save.

However when I open FSX the panel is not there! I have read the manual several times but cannot find the soloution, is it something stupid I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!

SS
SimStork View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimStork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2010 at 3:02pm
Anyone???Cry
luap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2010 at 4:09pm

Greetings,

Can you open and modify a default panel, successfully, or is that an issue, too?  If you are using a custom folder for the panel, you may need to modify the aircraft.cfg file, although FSPS may do this automatically (I am unsure because I have never made one from scratch).  I would open up the aircraft.cfg for the plane you are attempting to add the panel to and see of the configuration is being added.  If you see the additional panel in the aircraft.cfg, then I am at a loss.  I wonder if UAC or an admin issue is stopping FSPS from making the necessary aircraft.cfg modifications.  Maybe Ed will chime in.

Just on a hunch... you do have show all variations checked in the aircraft selection screen, right?

I cobbled together a quick panel using a 6-pack, fuel gauge, clock and a radio stack and it worked fine for me first try without a hitch.  All I can tell you is that I have full admin rights over my machine and UAC is disabled.  FSX is in it's standard directory, no special drive location for me.

Paul Scott Bartelt

The grass is always greener over the septic tank

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic