SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > EZdok Software
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HELP!!! EZDOK CAMERA IS MY WORST MISTAKE SO FAR!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HELP!!! EZDOK CAMERA IS MY WORST MISTAKE SO FAR!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astropan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP!!! EZDOK CAMERA IS MY WORST MISTAKE SO FAR!!
    Posted: January-10-2019 at 2:07pm
Sorry if i sound so frustrated but it's been 3 days since i purchased the Ezdoc V2 and because of an error message in the configuration, i literally don't have a flight simulator anymore!
The problem is that the EZCA Config tool cannot find some stupid path it needs and, since i ain't no computer geek i've searched all over the internet for a solution, but so far it looks like i'm the only person who ever had this problem. I even posted a topic about this on this same forum but no one ever bothered to help me. I hope i'll be more lucky this time.
This is a picture of my problem:

Why? Why did i bought this addon?
Why does it have to be so complicated? i never ever had any problems with any of my previous addons!
I really hope i can get around this, or, if no one can help me, PLEASE, tell me how can i COMPLETELY uninstall EZDOk without any changes to my original FSX settings, and how can i get a refund.
Thank you, and again sorry if i sound  frustrated, but no one should go have to go through this after paying 35$ for a software that is just to complicated to even work... 
DavidP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2019 at 5:46pm
Have you checked the path in the error message to see if you have the file Standard.xml?

EzDok is looking for that file and cannot find it.

I have used EzDok for years and it is a great tool.
astropan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astropan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2019 at 5:56pm
Thank you DavidP for reaching out to me.
I have no doubt that it is a great tool...IF you manage to configure it. Anyway maybe i was not lucky.
There is a file Standard.xml inside a Controls folder but in the FSX folder,not an FSX-SE folder. The FSX-SE folder also exists but contain only 4 files which seem to be related to the Ezdok.
SHould i move the file somewhere? I thought about it but i was afraid i was gonna ruin FSX even more.
Here's where the file is:
And here how the FSX-SE folder looks like
DavidP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2019 at 6:21pm
Just a bit of disclosure, I'm just another user and no way connected with the developers so I may run out of ideas and anything I suggest you do so at your own risk.

That said, are you running both FSX and FSX-SE? I'm not sure if there are any problems with that as I run P3D now and have done for a long time.

Another thought, maybe consider copying Standard.xml into that FSX-SE folder and see if that works. I'm not sure how SE installs things.
astropan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astropan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2019 at 6:33pm
No, i'm running only FSX steam edition, i don't know why these 2 seperate folders exist, and i'm pretty sure that i followed the correct steps for the installation of the EZDOK. Maybe i should try it, or maybe i should uninstall it and reinstall it again.
Thanx for your help anywaySmile
DavidP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2019 at 6:49pm
Try copying the file over - it can't do any harm. If it doesn't work, then delete it again.

I'm not sure but I think things install a little differently with SE, but Ezdok works with it. A reinstall of EzDok may or may not help, but is worth a try.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge than me will come along but feel free to continue asking.
Nickbe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2019 at 2:27am
It looks like FSX-SE was installed incorrectly.
Write to our support-fill out the form at the bottom of the page:
Nick B.
Ezdok Software
astropan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astropan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2019 at 11:38am
Nickbe thank you for your reply. I have already written to the support since Day1 but nobody has replied yet.
When you say FSX-SE was installed incorrectly, i am assuming you are referring to the specific folder, not the whole FSX software, right?
Nickbe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2019 at 1:24am
Yes, the Roaming/Microsoft/FSX-SE / folder should have the /Controls folder, and you have this folder elsewhere: Roaming/Microsoft/ FSX / this is not correct.

Although, you can try to copy the CONTROLS from folder FSX/  to  FSX-SE/
Nick B.
Ezdok Software
astropan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astropan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2019 at 9:17am
Originally posted by Nickbe Nickbe wrote:

Yes, the Roaming/Microsoft/FSX-SE / folder should have the /Controls folder, and you have this folder elsewhere: Roaming/Microsoft/ FSX / this is not correct.

Although, you can try to copy the CONTROLS from folder FSX/  to  FSX-SE/

I tried it but although the configuration went smoothly this time, FSX didn't load properly. I was left in a virtual cockpit with no sound and no authority on my mouse or keyboard.
I think it's time i try uninstalling Ezdock...Cry
astropan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astropan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2019 at 1:18pm
I uninstalled it and finally got the chance to do some flying after so many days, but it changed my default camera settings. Everything is ruined now, especially the cameras on my beloved Aerosoft Airbus.
Does anybody know how can i have my original cameras back?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic