SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Screenshot Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - GTN in RealAir Piston Duke
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GTN in RealAir Piston Duke

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message
Bert Pieke View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: January-03-2003
Location: Canada
Points: 5969
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GTN in RealAir Piston Duke
    Posted: December-23-2016 at 2:12pm
Since RealAir has told us that they are not going to develop the B60 Duke further, here is a way to shoehorn a Flight1 GTN 750 into the panel. (Shift+2 will pop up the GTN 750)

First configure the B60 for an RXP GNS530 and two conventional radios, using the RealAir config app, (and by adding a dummy rxpgns.dll file to your FSX or P3D Gauges folder if you do not have the RXP GNS installed).

Then make the following changes to the panel.cfg file with Notepad:


[Window01]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=937,887
ident=14401
position=8
window_size= 0.340, 0.580
zorder=99
gauge00=F1GTN!GTN750, 0,0,937,887,UNIT1.POP

and

[VCockpit01]
...

//gauge19=rxpGNS!GNS530, 1, 660, 504, 364
gauge19=F1GTN!GTN750VC,     92,632,324,343,UNIT1





Bert
Back to Top
Stofvel View Drop Down
New Member
New Member


Joined: July-15-2014
Location: Canada
Points: 12
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stofvel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2017 at 9:37am
Hello Bert,

Thanks for this. I had all but given up hope of being able to fly the RealAir Piston Duke again, after the lads understandably retired. The RealAir B60, one of my favourite twins, has been out of use since I began using the GTN750 and 650 in all my more vintage planes, thanks to you. All recent and current GA aircraft I acquire must have a GTN750 or 650 capability.

My situation and question - I am running FSX SP2 on a Win 7 system and have never purchased the RXP GNS530 nor do i know the procedure for the following:

 (adding a dummy rxpgns.dll file to your FSX or P3D Gauges folder if you do not have the RXP GNS installed).

Could you send me some detailed instructions for same and any other pertinent info for radios etc. OR a link.

As always, thanks for this Bert.

Much appreciated.

Brian
Back to Top
Bert Pieke View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: January-03-2003
Location: Canada
Points: 5969
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2017 at 12:29pm
Answered your post at Avsim..
Bert
Back to Top
Bert Pieke View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: January-03-2003
Location: Canada
Points: 5969
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2017 at 5:55pm
For the P3DV4 install, try this (using the GPS500 version):

//gauge19=fs9gps!RAS_gps_500, 1, 607, 502, 416
//gauge20=RASDuke!Blank, 0, 0, 1, 1

gauge19=F1GTN!GTN750VC,     52,580,364,403,UNIT1



Bert
Back to Top
Gabe_62 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group


Joined: June-21-2010
Points: 91
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabe_62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2017 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by Bert Pieke Bert Pieke wrote:

Since RealAir has told us that they are not going to develop the B60 Duke further, here is a way to shoehorn a Flight1 GTN 750 into the panel. (Shift+2 will pop up the GTN 750)

First configure the B60 for an RXP GNS530 and two conventional radios, using the RealAir config app, (and by adding a dummy rxpgns.dll file to your FSX or P3D Gauges folder if you do not have the RXP GNS installed).

Then make the following changes to the panel.cfg file with Notepad:


[Window01]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=937,887
ident=14401
position=8
window_size= 0.340, 0.580
zorder=99
gauge00=F1GTN!GTN750, 0,0,937,887,UNIT1.POP

and

[VCockpit01]
...

//gauge19=rxpGNS!GNS530, 1, 660, 504, 364
gauge19=F1GTN!GTN750VC,     92,632,324,343,UNIT1







Great info here so thanks for your hard work.

I have a general question about all this kerfuffle about the Reality / Flight1 GNS 430/530 vs Flight1 GTN 650/750.

I like the old GNS 430 and 530, but would prefer (for obvious reasons by now !) to use the Flight1 gauges.

As they are the same size, and both work via the Garmin trainer, will the Flight1 GNS 430/530 fit into the VC and work as pop ups, in ALL aircraft that support the RealityXP 430/530 gauges ?

I am thinking of the Duke Piston, and the Twotter (Aerosoft).

Presumably, it may just require copying and pasting the Flight1 gauge names, over the RealityXP, in the aircraft.cfg files ?

Phew.... I'm exhausted just typing that out !

Thnx for any advice.

i7 7700k at 4.5 GHz / GTX 1080 8GB / 16GB DDR4 2400 MHz CL 15


Back to Top
Golly777 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group


Joined: August-26-2017
Location: UK
Points: 51
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Golly777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2017 at 1:38pm
Which numbers should changed to reduce the size of the pop up 750 gauge, by around 30%..... I note there are 2 elements to size..... gauge and window.

Thnx
i7 7700k (4.5 GHz) / GTX 1080 8GB - Gigabyte Windforce OC 3X / 16GB DDR4 2400 Hz (CL15) / Samsung EVO 850 SSD) / BeQuiet 650W PSU 50amps 12v rail -- (with AS 16 + ASCA / REX Texture Direct)

Back to Top
Bert Pieke View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: January-03-2003
Location: Canada
Points: 5969
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2017 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Golly777 Golly777 wrote:

Which numbers should changed to reduce the size of the pop up 750 gauge, by around 30%..... I note there are 2 elements to size..... gauge and window.

Thnx


Window_Size
Bert
Back to Top
Bert Pieke View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: January-03-2003
Location: Canada
Points: 5969
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2017 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Gabe_62 Gabe_62 wrote:



Great info here so thanks for your hard work.

I have a general question about all this kerfuffle about the Reality / Flight1 GNS 430/530 vs Flight1 GTN 650/750.

I like the old GNS 430 and 530, but would prefer (for obvious reasons by now !) to use the Flight1 gauges.

As they are the same size, and both work via the Garmin trainer, will the Flight1 GNS 430/530 fit into the VC and work as pop ups, in ALL aircraft that support the RealityXP 430/530 gauges ?

I am thinking of the Duke Piston, and the Twotter (Aerosoft).

Presumably, it may just require copying and pasting the Flight1 gauge names, over the RealityXP, in the aircraft.cfg files ?

Phew.... I'm exhausted just typing that out !

Thnx for any advice.


It is actually the panel.cfg file that needs editing, but the F1 config app will do this for you. It has a "replace RXP by F1" command.

Having said that, RXP has released a P3DV4 update for their GNS gauges, which you might also consider..
Bert
Back to Top
diegoval View Drop Down
New Member
New Member


Joined: June-28-2020
Points: 3
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diegoval Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2020 at 5:47pm
Hi team,

Im trying to update my duke gps with the flight 1 gtn. I do now own the 530, so i created the dummy file on my P3dv4 gauges folder, but the duke config app dosent take it, it still appear as i do not own this gauge.
Diego Valdes
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.141 seconds.