SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Opus Software
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Grib data unable extract and decode

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy_onfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Grib data unable extract and decode
    Posted: August-15-2019 at 3:34am
Hello i have a problem with GRIB Data Unable to Extract and decode. Version 5.27 and 5.28.
I reinstall the program, but no effect
Opus Software View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2019 at 3:38am
Hi,

See our Announcements topic. You must upgrade to the latest release version 5.28.0. Download and use our Demo/Upgrade msi file.

The GRIB servers and access changed.

Stephen 
randy_onfly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy_onfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2019 at 4:34am

Hello i have done the update bevore i wrote

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2019 at 4:45am
Set GRIB download option to enable FULL GRIB. That should cure it and I will investigate further at weekend.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy_onfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2019 at 5:11am
Hello Stephen
thank you for your quick answers.
i tried many settings in the configurations, but the result is always the same.
Four files are missing clouds and rainfall.

best regards randy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2019 at 5:14am
set FULL GRIB Download in Opus Weather Downloads options. Check FSISERVER LOG file make sure all ver 5.28.0. Try delete all GRIB folder files except Devin.exe and then reload.

Try FULL download option first.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2019 at 5:15am
Degrib exe file of course not the auto corrected Devin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2019 at 5:33am
you will need to at least delete all DAT files in your GRIB folder to force it to re download the full GRIB data again. This is with the full GRIB option enabled.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy_onfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2019 at 6:05am
Hello Stephen
now it works, but i dont know why.
I tried, what you said, in the past fourtimes, with no effect.

thanks randy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2019 at 6:09am
If you don’t delete the GRIB dat files the software could assume GRIB data already downloaded so won’t attempt to download again. It would simply reuse current GRIB data.

I will have a look at the query GRIB when back from holiday. GRIB server may have been modified again.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2019 at 5:59am
I have posted a new beta which I will make a full release version provided no problems are reported with it. In this beta the GRIB data file's version number must match the current version before the current GRIB data is assumed to be valid. Hence, all future upgrades will force a GRIB data reload prior to decoding. This hopefully will alleviate the problem you encountered above.

Regards
Stephen
651132 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 651132 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2019 at 3:55am
Hi Stephen,

After last beta 28.1 I have the same errors Randy has encountered above in this post. Missing the same 4 files.

Cleaning the grib-folder, about +10 times now, did not solve the problem. Back to 28.0 didn't cure the problem either.

What to do now?

Regards,

André

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2019 at 3:59am
Try unticking the Enable GRIB Query option in the Weather Download options.

This should always be your first option to try. If the Query doesn’t work then revert to FULL GRIB download instead.

I will take another look today but have not found any GRIB Query problems yet.

Let me know how the FULL GRIB option goes. You could also try changing the Background GRIB processing option.

Regards
Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2019 at 4:06am
Can you also confirm neither of the Cloud Low/Mid/High and Rainfall_sfc csv files exist after the GRIB download.

Remember to force a fresh GRIB download you must delete both the Grib.dat and Grib_Prev.dat files before requesting a Full Weather Reload.

I might add another option or prog argument to always force a fresh GRIB download.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2019 at 4:11am
At last …

Finally been able to re create the problem … investigating now.

I will report back when I find something.

Regards
Stephen Thumbs Up
651132 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 651132 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2019 at 4:16am
Glad you found something.

SPY: Unable to extract and decode Grib data.
The 4 files are still missing.

Regards,

André

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2019 at 4:31am
Firstly, I can confirm the actual cloud and rainfall data does not exist within the downloaded GRIB data file. For some reason the server has not included the requested query.

However, the data is included within the FULL GRIB data download.

I may have to remove the Query option for now if the server is not always returning all the requested forecast data.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2019 at 4:55am
OK. It appears on occasions the GRIB server will not provide the necessary data to determine the low/mid/high cloud cover nor surface rainfall/precipitation within a Query request.

However, all necessary data is included within a FULL GRIB data download.

So for now I'm going to have to remove the Query option and always force a FULL GRIB data download.

I will prepare a new 5.28.2 beta for you to try now and let you know when its posted.

Thanks for the heads-up and feedback.

Regards
Stephen Thumbs Up
651132 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 651132 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2019 at 5:02am
Thanks Stephen.

Regards,

André

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2019 at 5:27am
OpusFSI Beta Version 5.28.2 has been posted.

This should download the FULL GRIB data after installation and hence prevent the missing cloud and precip data problem.

Regards
Stephen
651132 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 651132 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2019 at 5:34am
Hi Stephen,

... and there is wind again ...

Thanks for this solution and the very quick respons. Great service!

Regards,

André

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2019 at 6:30am
You’re welcome.

Regards
Stephen Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic