SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Ground Environment X Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Graphic corruption

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fabiosko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Graphic corruption
    Posted: September-05-2011 at 7:28pm
Trying to revert back from a test with shader 3.0 I found myself in following horrible situation:

I let new fsx.cfg file being rebuild and made minimal tweak as per this post http://www.simforums.com/forums/land-graphic-problem_topic39860.html
but situation has not changed.
What can I do to have my original FSX?
Thanks in advance for any hint.

Fabio

i7 7820X@4.9 NB@3.4 delid, NZXT Kraken62, Asus Prime X299-A, Gainward GTX1080 GLH, 32G GSkill 3600C15, 7Pro64-XP11 on Samsung950Pro
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2011 at 7:57pm

You will need to go find Jesus and ask him

there were FSX default shader files overwritten then after those are restored to FSX default the FSX shader cache must be flushed and rebuilt

I dont mean to be short, but this is not FSX support for HeYSuS tweak and hack nonsense.. please ask at AVSIM or locate Jesus and ask him

Thanks
fabiosko View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fabiosko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2011 at 2:14am
It was my mistake not having deleted completely all cache files... now everything is ok!
I have been always "devoted" to your hints, tweaks and guides, Nick. The test I made was curiosity after having bought new PMDG NGX.
The "big chill" I read under your post brings me again to the same question: why is this man so world wide followed? Has it something to do with religion? ;)
Ciao & grazie

Fabio
i7 7820X@4.9 NB@3.4 delid, NZXT Kraken62, Asus Prime X299-A, Gainward GTX1080 GLH, 32G GSkill 3600C15, 7Pro64-XP11 on Samsung950Pro
Jim Rhoads View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Rhoads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2011 at 8:53am
It has to do with everyone in search of a discount holy grail, fountain of youth, pot at the end of the rainbow, etc.

Using proper hardware and taking the time to tweak it properly and maintain it as Nick instructs, is the correct and reliable way to achieve optimum results with FS. If you try to do it quick and dirty with "magic" potions, you will compromise many things at many levels and what I find fascinating is that these same people will blame anything and everything else because they cannot believe their freebie cfg tweak is the problem.
Word up: Get rid of that crap and listen to Nick's advice.

fabiosko View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fabiosko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2011 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Jim Rhoads Jim Rhoads wrote:

It has to do with everyone in search of a discount holy grail, fountain of youth, pot at the end of the rainbow, etc.

i completely agree with you!
as long as ordinary FSX users or lovers do that... it could be acceptable... but when it is a famous software house, with its top product... it becomes really hard to understand or believe...
anyway... we say "il mondo è bello perchè vario" = world is beautiful because different

Fabio
davekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2011 at 10:10am
…And if you do have the shader 3 mod and transition through 1500 feet you will notice  the water suddenly change direction!... a major oversight like this made me replace it back immediacy…can’t believe no one pointed this issue out months after it was introduced!!… Made a post to 'Jesus' who did  kindly confirm an incorrect value in 'one' of the shader files, but still no complaints from users who don't appear to be focusing on the actual scenery anyway...strange that!!!

...Regards Dave Kay.
...DaveKay
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic