SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Scenery and Mission Making Tools
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ghost Object Cannot be deleted

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejwells811 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ghost Object Cannot be deleted
    Posted: November-07-2019 at 7:33am
While working on a scenery project I was placing the last object (A Large Hangar) when the Sim locked up. I waited a longer time than necessary to see if it would come back active but it did not. I had to use the Task Manager to close it. When I loaded the Sim back to the project airport the Hangar was there but out of position. I have been unable to select it and nothing I've tried (changing the GUID and object name) has removed it. Excludes also have no affect on it. 

Are there any other options for removing an object that for all intent and purposes seems to be invisible to normal delete options?
Ed Wells, TSgt, AFRC (Retired)

301st FW, NAS Fort Worth
ualani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ualani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2019 at 8:51am
Have you tried to delete it using ADE? Sounds like when when the sim crashed it corrupted the scenery bgl. 
ejwells811 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejwells811 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2019 at 8:44am
Originally posted by ualani ualani wrote:

Have you tried to delete it using ADE? Sounds like when when the sim crashed it corrupted the scenery bgl. 
It appears that I'm out of luck with this. I have tried ADE but since it wasn't placed with that program ADE  doesn't have any control over it. Excludes are useless both from ADE and SbuilderX. I even removed the IS3 placement file for that area of objects (it was the one that was open when I placed the hangar), but even with the file holding the information for where I placed the hangar gone completely from the scenery folder, the hangar remains.

When the Sim locked up it sent that hangar information into another dimension apparently. As rare as it is to hear from anyone associated with the actual program (like a developer, heaven forbid) I'm probably stuck with a hangar out of kilter and I'll just move on. Thanks for the suggestion!

301st FW, NAS Fort Worth
ualani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ualani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2019 at 1:45pm
You should be able to view the placement file as xml. Maybe you can edit the xml and delete the rogue object. There's bgl to xml utilities out there.
ejwells811 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejwells811 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2019 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by ualani ualani wrote:

You should be able to view the placement file as xml. Maybe you can edit the xml and delete the rogue object. There's bgl to xml utilities out there.
I tried that some time ago and the hangar was not listed.

301st FW, NAS Fort Worth
ualani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ualani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2019 at 5:23pm
The only other thing I can think of is that it was saved in a bgl other than the one you were working on. It HAS to be discoverable and part of a bgl or it wouldn't the object wouldn't load or display. It's there someplace. Start turning off bgl's until it disappears in order to narrow down the ghost object.
GaryGB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryGB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2019 at 8:06pm
Hi Ed:

You could try using the IS3 "Label" feature to view placements from all 'active' scenery BGLs:

Hope this helps. Smile

GaryGB
ualani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ualani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2019 at 9:18am
The link to the above doesn't work.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic