SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > FSiPanel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FSiPanel and PMDG fleet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FSiPanel and PMDG fleet
    Posted: October-25-2017 at 4:27pm
Hi pilots,

if you're using FSiPanel with PMDG aircraft, you might experience some issues when reloading a flight (2nd approach).

PMDG is aware about this reloading issue but we don't know if it will be fixed or not, the user manual doesn't recommend reloading a PMDG aircraft over itself.

The best way to practice approaches on a PMDG aircraft is to start your SIM with the default aircraft, prepare the approach on FSiPanel and fly the approach, when landed, if you want to fly a new approach, restart your SIM with default aircraft and use FSiPanel to setup your aircraft.

While this procedure is longer than with other aircraft, it is still very quick to fly several approaches.

PMDG aircraft are top products very close to the real aircraft, being a sim instructor on Boeing airplanes using LEVEL D simulator, I can tell you that loading a second approach on a real simulator is much longer than what we experience here, pilots will have to set flaps, gear, courses, frequencies, autopilot modes before I can release them for a second approach.

Maybe this issue will be fixed in the future, I quite understand that it isn't a priority for PMDG and understand and accept it, it will be a bonus for us if this issue can be fixed! In the meantime, we can still enjoy training on these amazing complex aircraft without losing a lot of time configuring them !

Happy landings,

Cheers,

J-P
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
wanabflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanabflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2017 at 9:30am
It is disappointing  (as far as PMDG is concerned) that until they (PMDG) updated their fleet in July of this year, their a/c worked flawlessly with FsiPanel. Regardless, FsiPanel is a great product, so many thanks to you J-P.

Best regards,

SleepyWeltonBoy View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SleepyWeltonBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2017 at 10:59am
Does anyone purport to have any success in actually saving a PMDG 747 or 777 in FSiPanel, with P3D v3? I can save the PMDG 737 but not the 747 or 777. I am using Windows 10 Version 1703 Creators Update with the offending Microsoft update hidden so as not to prevent PMDG aircraft from working within P3D v3.
liketofly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liketofly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2017 at 12:55pm
Hi,

Any possible release date update on the FSIpanel version for P3Dv4?

regards
liketofly
wesyin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wesyin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2017 at 2:38am
Does anyone know the version number of a previous PMDG 737 that worked well in P3D v3? Or, a rough day of release of that version?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic