SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Opus Software
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FSI CLIENT won't run

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lorenbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FSI CLIENT won't run
    Posted: June-10-2019 at 7:36am
Hello Stephen,
First, I want to thank you for this fabulous software, the Holy Grail for me! with which I have already had a lot of fun to fly with 4 pc in network (3 with opus > center, left, and right view). I am now with P3DV4.5 and Opus V5.26.

I changed one of my PCs (left view). I just installed P3D and configured my network. No antivirus, firewall disabled, Net Framework installed (V2-V3-V4), Simconnect ok.
I install FSi_v5 on C. When I launch FSI Client… Nothing happens! the program does not start, nothing! For FSI Server also…

From another PC in my network, I opened the OPUS FSI_v5 folder and launched the FSiClient program and it starts! But from the local PC, the program does not want to launch!

I uninstalled, reinstalled and tried, locally in this order:
1: FSI Server > nothing
2: FSX Server > error message
3: FSI Server > ok now it starts (license missing)
4: FSI Client > still nothing

I also tried on this PC: install a version of FSi V4 (4.66.2) to see. And the FSI client program starts well!Geek

I do not understand why I have problems with this version 5, I also tried with other version 5 (21) without result, the Customer never launches.

I have spent several hours trying everything… It is to understand nothing…

I even formatted and started a complete installation of W10 again! Always without results...

Could you help me ?Cry

Laurent 

Opus Software View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2019 at 7:46am
Something on your Win10 system is not allowing the software to even start. Could be Win Defender active (shut it down completely, google how), or you have libraries missing. You should download very latest release version, make sure .net is installed, could try installing SlimDX SDK.

Try running via an admin command prompt in Admin Mode, first changing folder to C:\OpusFSI_v5 folder.

Does Win10 provide an error report describing why it cannot start the program.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2019 at 7:55am
do you run it in Admin Mode 

Have you tried FSX and P3D modes to see if any are allowed to run...

C:\OpusFSI_v5\FSICLIENT.EXE  FSX

and

C:\OpusFSI_v5\FSICLIENT.EXE  P3D

Make sure you have allowed FSXCLIENT.EXE and P3DSERVER.EXE through the Windows Firewall on both private and public networks.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2019 at 8:00am
No need to keep reinstalling as that is unlikely to do anything. The difference and problem is most likely down to the Win10 set up and installation. It’s win10 that won’t start the software, not the software as not one single line of code is probably running.

Does the FSICLIENT.EXE create the SimConnect and SlimDX DLLs. These must be copies of the LM 3.4 and SlimDX4 DLLs.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2019 at 8:13am
could try this...

You could try changing ownership of your drive C to Everyone user group
Lorenbar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lorenbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2019 at 10:09am
Stephen,

Defender's totally disabled. Win 10's with the latest update (1903).
I run an install everything in Admin mode.
I try with V4 and all is good!
I try with V5.23 :
1>FSICLIENT and SERVER : nothing
2>!!!! >> i try FSX mode : FSXCLIENT and SERVER : OK
3> After trying FSX mode, FSXSERVER, and only after, i can run FSISERVER but not FSICLIENT !
4> With Admin command : FSISERVER start ok but Not FSICLIENT ! 

P3d mode won't run...

I continue my research...

Thanks fo your help
Lorenbar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lorenbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2019 at 10:17am
Stephen,

error on my previous post : I try with version 5.10, not 5.23 ! 

When i make update to 5.23 : 
FSX SERVER : error message 
and nothing run ...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2019 at 10:23am
you must use fsiserver and fsiclient to start the software unless you manually prepare the SimConnect and SlimDX dll files.

When you run fsiclient or fsiserver with FSX and P3D arguments, what error messages do you get. Probably best to run via an admin command prompt so error message is easily read.

It’s Windows that’s not starting the software most likely due to a missing Windows dll file.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2019 at 10:29am
so running FSISERVER or FSICLIENT with the FSX argument ... runs ok.

But running FSISERVER or FSICLIENT with P3D argument ... Windows won’t run the software.

Only difference is that the FSI... start program prepares the DotNet 4 SlimDX DLL and also the LM SimConnect DLL. Both prepared by copying the SlimDX4.DLL and LM v3.4 DLL into the required (correctly named) DLL file.

P3D Mode requires DotNet 4 and FSX Mode requires DotNet 2. Any error message probably reports a missing windows file.

Have you tried my suggestions above and changing ownership of your C drive.

Stephen
Lorenbar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lorenbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2019 at 10:37am
Stephen,
beginning of the error message :

************** Texte de l'exception **************
System.TypeInitializationException: Une exception a été levée par l'initialiseur de type pour 'u'. ---> System.BadImageFormatException: Impossible de charger le fichier ou l'assembly 'SlimDX, Version=2.0.13.43, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b1b0c32fd1ffe4f9' ou une de ses dépendances. Cet assembly a été construit par un runtime plus récent que le runtime actuellement chargé et ne peut pas être chargé.
Nom du fichier : 'SlimDX, Version=2.0.13.43, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b1b0c32fd1ffe4f9'
   à u..cctor()

AVT : le journal de liaison d'assembly est désactivé.
Pour activer le journal des échecs de liaison d'assembly, attribuez la valeur 1 à la valeur de Registre [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD).
Remarque : une certaine perte de performance est associée à l'enregistrement dans le journal des échecs de liaison d'assembly.
Pour désactiver cette fonctionnalité, supprimez la valeur de Registre [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

--- Fin de la trace de la pile d'exception interne ---
   à u.f()
   à bf.bd()
   à bf.v(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2019 at 10:45am
now it makes sense.

Make sure you are starting the software using the FSICLIENT.EXE program and pass the P3D sim type as a program argument. The FSI program creates the libraries, including the SlimDX DLL, before running the P3DCLIENT program.

Your error indicates an incompatible SlimDX DLL, most likely the DotNET 2 one has been copied, when the ditNet 4 one is needed.

So make sure you have shared your C drive and set all sharing + security permissions to Everyone. Then make sure you set ownership of the C drive to Everyone. Then run the software as per the GS Guide as...

C:\OpusFSI_v5\FSICLIENT.EXE P3D

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2019 at 10:49am
N.B. To mimic what the FSI... startup program does you can do it manually by...

1. COPY (and rename) the SlimDX4.DLL into SlimDX.DLL.
2. Do the same for the LM SimConnect v34 DLL creating a non-versioned DLL.
3. Start the P3DCLIENT.EXE or P3DSERVER.EXE In Admin Mode.

They should find their DotNet 4 DLLs and run ok.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2019 at 10:50am
the typeinit error can also indicate no SimConnect installed. You could even install the MS one perhaps but if FSX Mode works ok then that should be ok already.
Lorenbar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lorenbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2019 at 10:55am
Stephen,

Ok i'll try this and come back to you asap !Smile

Thanks
Laurent
Lorenbar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lorenbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2019 at 4:30am
Hello Stephen,
I found what prevented to open FSICLIENT !

I look for the difference between this new PC and the two others that work perfectly.

In the program list, I have on the 2 PC : Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 and 2015.
On the one where I have the problem, the 2017 version only. I added the 2013 version and…
It works, FSICLIENT start !!

I'm happy !!

But...but … Now I have an another problem… Client can't establish connection with Server…

I'll re-check my network and shares and etc...The joys of windows 10...

Thanks again for your reactivity ! 

In the program list, I have on the 2: microsoft visual c ++ 2013 and 2015. On the one where I have the problem, the 2017 version only. I added the 2013 version and ... it works, fsi start!
Lorenbar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lorenbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2019 at 4:31am
[QUOTE=Lorenbar] Hello Stephen,
I found what prevented to open FSICLIENT !

I look for the difference between this new PC and the two others that work perfectly.

In the program list, I have on the 2 PC : Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 and 2015.
On the one where I have the problem, the 2017 version only. I added the 2013 version and…
It works, FSICLIENT start !!

I'm happy !!

But...but … Now I have an another problem… Client can't establish connection with Server…

I'll re-check my network and shares and etc...The joys of windows 10...

Thanks again for your reactivity ! 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2019 at 4:34am
thanks for the feedback, I will look into what dlls may be missing without the 2013 install. I might be able to add these to the install process. If needed you can email any images or screenshots direct to me.

Regards
Stephen
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic