SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Bear Studios
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fly MiG With Red Stars in FSX Sky

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fly MiG With Red Stars in FSX Sky
    Posted: September-23-2011 at 10:13pm

The Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15 was a jet fighter developed for the USSR by Artem Mikoyan and Mikhail Gurevich. The MiG-15 was one of the first successful swept-wing jet fighters, and it achieved fame in the skies over Korea. The MiG-15 also served as the starting point for development of the more advanced MiG-17 which was still an effective threat to supersonic American fighters over North Vietnam in the 1960s. The MiG-15 is believed to have been the most widely produced jet aircraft ever made, with over 12,000 built. Licensed foreign production perhaps raised the total to over 18,000.The MiG-15 is often mentioned along with the North American F-86 Sabre in lists of the best fighter aircraft of the Korean War and in comparison with fighters of other eras.

In 2006, Bear Studios release MiG-15 for FS2004, in last 4 years, MiG-15 have updated to Service Pack 3 for compatibility with FSX, but with a lot of issues because platform different.

Now, we are using latest technology and skills from Bear Studios J-10 products and other pre-research projects in 5 years to build service pack 4 versions to fixed all known issues and improve this product for both FSX and FS2004 platform.

The MiG-15 Service Pack 4 version from Bear Studios is an accurate and in-depth simulation product for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 & FSX (ESP/Prepar 3D). In this product, we make complex systems and operating procedures simulating reference from a real combat aircraft.

Note: For flight simulator versions differences and limitations, not all animations and/or features may function during solo or multiplayer flight.

The complete feature list includes:

1,    FSX version have highly efficient and detailed external modeling for MiG-15 models on FSX Native Format. FS2004 version have almost same models and animations. Delivery and Jettison sequence recreating from real aircraft.

2,    Weapons and storages individually modeled with weight.

When selected weapons/storage released from aircraft, Storage and Weapon Release Control System will detect status and take dynamic changes.

3,    highly detailed Virtual cockpit (VC) features:

Emissive Gun sight.

Flood light and Console light in 2 dim bright, Gauge Back light for Night Flight, Interior lights controlled by individually light control switches, simulating electrical bus behavior.

Switch-able cockpit positions both in FS2004 and FSX (2-seats only)

4,    ACK-3 2 mode gyro gun sight system simulation.

This system has 2 main modes; fixed optical sight with adjust-able pitch and gyro optical sight with adjust-able wing span selector simulation. Gun sight can calculate Angular velocity as close as real gyro system.

5,    all weapons and storages have delivery animate sequence and procedure, controlled by Storage and Weapon system. Weapons and Stores include:

250KG free fall bomb

260L (PTB-260), 300L (PTB300) and 400L (PTB-400) drop-able external tanks

LR-130 Unguided Rocket

SR-55 Unguided Rocket and Rocket Pods

6,    fully animated canopy and ejection sequences.

7,    Procedural animation system including:

Rockets launch (2 types, with smoke tail and flame attached to animated rockets shape).

Bomb release (1 type, with animated bomb shapes).

Jettison (emergency or selective).

Boarding ladder, air intake blockage covers, visible controlled by conditional status

Full pilot articulation animation movement.

Speed brake and hydraulics power simulation

Nr-23 and N-37 Gun system and effect simulation.

8,    Cockpit sound system for warning and advisor sound.

9,    Built-in exterior lights for landing, taxing, navigation lights.

10,   37 pages of Operational Flight Manual

11,   Simulated combat capability:

Unguided Rockets simulation

Free Fall Bomb simulation

Guns simulation

12,   10 models with different typical payload configurations reference from real aircrafts. With historical skins.

13,   Advanced graphics /back lighting techniques.

14,   Functional Hydraulics, Failure, Electrical, Fuel… and more.

System Requirements / FS Compatibility

MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR X (ESP/Prepar 3D)

Windows - Windows XP or Win7/Vista

Processor - 2.8 GHz

Video Card - 256 Mb

Memory - 2 Gb RAM

Hard Drive - 200 Mb

MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR 2004

Processor - 2.8 GHz

Video Card - 256 Mb

Memory - 2 Gb RAM

Hard Drive - 480 Mb

Here is latest screen shots for MiG-15 SP4

http://public.fotki.com/BearStudios/mig-15-sp4/

Now you can get MiG-15 SP4 download version from Flight1

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=MiG-15

MiG-15 SP4 is a complete product, do not need files from previous versions.

If you have purchased MiG-15 previous versions, you may uninstall previous versions (Please keep your own modifying and skins to a safe backup location), and install this SP4 version with your own key from. If you purchase our MiG-15 now, you may get SP4 directly.

Tech Support for Bear Studios`s Red Wing Product Line
WarHorse47 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarHorse47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2011 at 10:58am
Bill, I have a question regarding the specs for SP4.

I acquired the Mig-15 when you first released it and recently upgraded to SP3.  My computer specs are:

Processor - 2.4 GHz

Video Card - 128 Mb

Memory - 1 Gb RAM

All my Bear Studio products inlcuding the Mig-15 run without any problems and with good framerates. 

So, what has changed with SP4 that has increased the System Requirements?

Thank you

--WH
Bill Wolfgen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2011 at 7:26pm
Our current main test platform upgrade to 2.8G/256M/2G. I think is it safe to list my hardware spec as recommand requirement.
I have run MiG-15 SP4 on a notebook (2.4G/256M/2G), it average keep 25 fps when FSX+AE setting to high level. So your hardware may run simular as it.
I think if you can run Flight Simulator X Acceleration Expansion Pack with default setting, you may run MiG-15 SP4 smoothly. But I recommand our test platform spec.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2011 at 7:31pm
MiG-15 SP4 using technology from J-10 logics, so it animation effects, and inside computing more then MG-15 SP3, VC and gauge back light may need more powerful hardware to keep fps when they working.
So the simply standard is: if you can run FSX+AEP or FSX SP2 smoothly, you can run MiG-15 SP4 smoothly
WarHorse47 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarHorse47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2011 at 9:19pm
Forgot to mention I am still with FS9.

I think I will stay with SP3 for the Mig-15.

Thanks for the response, Bill.

--WH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2011 at 9:55pm
If you still fly FS9, your hardware can handle SP4 FS9 version smoothly.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2011 at 11:27am
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzA3NDE2ODgw.html
I have uploaded a video for MiG-15 SP4 on this website,it is a chinese online video sharing site. is it can access around the world out of china? I do not know
I am living in china now, I have no chance to upload video to youtube. no chance to release informations on facebook, no chance to access other websites may have resource for build addon aircraft, or spread information about our product.
So please do not ask me why I have no facebook or youtube. I have accounts on these website years ago, but I can not access them anymore.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2011 at 12:06pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2011 at 3:38am
I have try e-mail uploading via gmail to youtbe, but only can upload videos less then 25mb.
2 videos have uploaded succefully to my youtube channel. this is my first successful uploading after china goverment`s GFW blocked youtube to china.
I will post urls when make all videos uploaded.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2011 at 5:15am
I have uploaded 4 movie clips to youtube, but I can not get url access in my location.
So if anybody want to watch them on youtube, please search key words: BearStudios, MiG15
I am so sorry about can not upload low res movie clips to youtube, I only can use gmail to upload them via attached file: less than 25mb per file.
Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic