SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > AirWrench - Air Traffic FX - GeoApr and FS Stall Effects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Flight1 License Check Failed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommieboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flight1 License Check Failed
    Posted: July-28-2020 at 5:42pm
AirTrafficFX 4.29

Worked fine yesterday, today I got a "Flight1 License Check Failed" message when I tried to start it up. 

Not sure where to start looking?

Win 7 Pro, FSX Steam

Thanks,

Tommy

mudpond View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mudpond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2020 at 11:48pm
Something in your system has to have been changed.

I doubt this is true, but has anything in your system been changed like a new hard drive?  If so, do a reinstall and reactivate the program.

Has your antivirus program updated itself?  If so, it could be blocking the Flight1 license check module.  Can you check your antivirus log to see if the file name 'flt1chk4.dll' appears as blocked or quarantined?

Were you perhaps running AirTrafficFX from an admin account on one day and not the next?

There aren't really that many ways the license check will fail. 
tommieboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommieboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2020 at 5:33pm
Found the problem; it works now. I was installing new non sim related software and deactivated the "Default - Notify me only when programs try to make changes to Windows settings". I forgot to reactivate it when I was finished with the installation. Truthfully, I don't understand why this would have made a difference in any case. Shouldn't AirTrafficFX still have worked?

Thanks,

Tommy
mudpond View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mudpond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2020 at 11:34am
Technical answer to why AirTrafficFX failed the license check:  The F1 license code reads system info using a low-level Windows API.  Your UAC setting is more aggressive than it's description indicates.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic