SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Screenshot Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Flight1 GTN 750\650 in Lionheart TB-21 Trinidad GT
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Flight1 GTN 750\650 in Lionheart TB-21 Trinidad GT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Callsign_Disco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flight1 GTN 750\650 in Lionheart TB-21 Trinidad GT
    Posted: August-02-2019 at 11:35am
This is a plane I aspire to own in real life, beautiful and very functional model from Lionheart.

I have placed the GTN 750 and GTN 650 VC displays into the existing FSX GPS500 and GPS430 gages.  This is my first 'custom' integration/mod in Prepar3D.

Working on getting better backlighting for day use but totally workable and nice looking at night.

DISCO
Callsign_Disco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Callsign_Disco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2019 at 8:07pm
Now that I have enough knowledge to be dangerous I tried rolling the full unit instead of the VC unit - MUCH better although some minor issues with the 3D model but working great!

Love these GTN's, being able to use the full capability via the trainer in the background is brilliant.

DISCO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Callsign_Disco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2019 at 9:37pm
I did another thing...this is fun!

Bert Pieke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2019 at 12:54am
That is looking better, indeed
Bert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Callsign_Disco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2019 at 12:09pm
Thanks Bert.  It was the VC gage, apparently has no backlight or behaves like it does not.

Placing the full unit instead of the VC got the backlight, still a touch on the dim side in daylight (I think due to the lightmaps which I have found and may play with later).

This model has a few quirks in that at night if you turn panel lights off, none of the avionics will display, even the LCD radio, the autopilot, etc., will go dark, but overall it is a beautiful cockpit in VR and the plane is a great performer for a piston single.  Lionheart did a great job on the textures and now that I have it equipped like I want I can make minor tweaks/improvements and just enjoy flying it.

Appreciate all the info you have put out there which helped me do this.

DISCO
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic