Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Flight One Product Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFlight1 GTN 750 Update Frequency

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flight1 GTN 750 Update Frequency
    Posted: May-07-2018 at 7:29am
Hi,

I have read various posts on different forums where questions about the currency of navdata have been asked and the responses are usually either of three options:

1) Wait until Garmin release an updated version of the PC Trainer with a newer navdata
2) Buy the expensive Garmin subscription
3) Find a friend with a Garmin subscription (earlier posts on this forum suggest Garmin may possibly permit the use of "handed-down" navdata provided it is officially expired, but I am not sure if this is Garmin's position or a wishful interpretation)

My guess is that for most customers of the F1 GTN 750 option 1) is the only realistic option.

This leads me to my next point:

Although I don't believe that the F1 GTN 750 needs the very latest navdata to be useful, it can be argued that the older it gets the less useful it becomes (for flight simulation). As current SID, STAR and Approach Procedure charts that simmers can easily find online diverge from the Flight 1 GTN 750 internal database the more difficult and confusing it will become to fly an approach.

I suspect that as the PC Trainer software matures and all the important bugs get fixed there may be less incentive to release new versions of the Trainer. Furthermore, it seems the navdata does not always get updated. The most recent update to the PC Trainer 6.21.1 -> 6.41.1 did not update the navdata. It still remains at Cycle 1611. 

If the Flight1 GTN 750's navdata is wholly dependent on future releases of the PC Trainer, has Garmin provided any information on how often PC Trainer navdata updates can be expected in the future?

If not, does Flight1 have any alternative solution to ensure the product can get navdata updates at least every couple of years in the future if the PC Trainer software matures to the point of very infrequent update cycles?

Martin
Tiberiu View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2018 at 10:18am
No, unfortunately there is no information on when future versions of the PC Trainer will be released. If the real GTN does not get updated, then there will not be newer PC Trainers, either.

Unfortunately, since the F1 GTN is based on the PC Trainer, there is nothing that we can legally do.

Sorry that the answers are not what you want, but we can't promise something, knowing that we won't keep it. We prefer to be open minded and if in the future, something will change, to surprise our customers, than to make an unsubstantiated promise.
akwiatkowski View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2018 at 2:29pm
The worst part is that we have bought a product that is useless in online networks (VATSIM or IVAO) or makes flying very difficult.
It is a pity that no one has come up with how to update GTN using the Navigraph database.

borisvp View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2018 at 5:56pm
Flight1:

Maybe you have built your product on the wrong base. When I bought it, I thought, well, data from 2016 aren't the latest, but surely there will be an update at least once a year. Failed. 

Every FMC software out there can be updated - why can't your product? After two years, it's a shame just to refer to the PC trainer. 

Modify your software to be able to be updated with Navigraph or NavdataPro - I'd pay an upgrade price as long it's reasonable.

We all know that there are ways to still update the data, but thi sis not the way it should be.

Boris

rogeriof1986 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2019 at 4:54am
I agree with you!!!ClapClapClapClapClapClap
Tiberiu View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2019 at 1:41pm
Boris and all,

You fail to see the point, we provide a 95% realistic simulation, pixel by pixel accurate according to the real unit. You can not get ANYTHING closer to this in a flight simulator environment for the small $65 price.

We can't build a 100% realistic product for this price, we are a business and we can't bring money from home, please understand this.

We have done as much as we can with what we have and we have supported the community. The new PC Trainer that was just released has anewer database.
gaivy912 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2019 at 4:39am
I just updated my GTN Trainer from the v2.3.1.0. to the v2.5.0.0. and now when I start my P3D v4.5 I get the following Error Message if I load an aircraft equiped with the Flight1 GTN 750. I have both the GTN Complete and the G500-G600 Complete packages. So I need the solution for both products...

GTN Error

Invalid GTN PC Trainer Version
The PC Trainer that you are running is not supported, please goto the sales website and download the appropriate PC Trainer!

What is wrong with the software? And how do I correct it?
rogeriof1986 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2019 at 8:53am
Hi Boris and all!!!

That GTN 750 provides a realistc simulation is unquestionable!!! However, a current database is fundamental in order to fly on-line!!!
Consequently, GTN 750 is a wonderful tool but useless on-line!!!
Therefore, Flight1 MUST provide a updatable database with a current airac. Otherwise it will always be a great, expensive but useless avionic!!!CryCryCryCry
Simbrief generates data for GTN but the GTN does not read the SID!!!

Thanks all!!!
Jeff Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2019 at 10:03am
gaivy912,

Register your purchase using this link:
http://www.simforums.com/forumreg.htm to gain access to the GTN licensed forum area.

If you have issues with registering, contact us via our ticket system at http://www.flight1.com/ticket.asp and we can help you further there.
Keep the Blue Side UP! - Flight1 Sales / Customer Support
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic