SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Flight Environment Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Flight Environment X in P3Dv2?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Didi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flight Environment X in P3Dv2?
    Posted: April-16-2014 at 6:04am
Is it possible to use Flight Environment X in P3Dv2?

or

Will there be a new version developed for use in P3Dv2 (like you do with UTX products)?

Dieter
Jeff Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2014 at 3:52pm
Hello,

No, Flight Environment X is not made for use in P3Dv2. Nothing new is planned for FEX development in P3Dv2.
Keep the Blue Side UP! - Flight1 Sales / Customer Support
Lima8149 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lima8149 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2014 at 2:35pm
Hi Dieter,

Only just seen your post and YES FEX will run under P3D v2.2.....I'm using it Smile It does however require some tweaking on your part to get it to do so - but then most things do Wink I know the purists will say you must use REX (which I have) but I find FEX far less of an fps hit, particularly as I do a lot of VFR flying. Granted it is not quite as good as REX which is fine once you climb high but for my purposes FEX is doing a great job Smile If you still want to use it please email me -  I will be more than happy to tell you how to get it up and running!

Neil (Lima8149)
woodhick803 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodhick803 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2014 at 7:50am
I'm going to disagree with Neil a little.  I used FEX for many years when I flew in FSX. I have now moved to P3D for training purposes and use REX.  While REX does provide nice runway, signage, and taxi-way textures IMHO FEX does clouds and water much better.  Again IMHO
Jetline Hellfire GTO
Intel I7 960 quad core processor O/C'ed to 3.7GHz
Nvidia GeForce GTX570 1.2Gb video card
6 Gb Muskin DDR3 CL 6 RAM
300Gb VelociRaptor dedicated hard drive
Win 7 Home Premium
Lima8149 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lima8149 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2014 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by woodhick803 woodhick803 wrote:

I'm going to disagree with Neil a little.  I used FEX for many years when I flew in FSX. I have now moved to P3D for training purposes and use REX.  While REX does provide nice runway, signage, and taxi-way textures IMHO FEX does clouds and water much better.  Again IMHO

No disagreement.....just quoting what others say really Approve I suppose the proof of the pudding is I am now using FEX with P3D & had only bought REX because I believed there was no alternative. Having discovered the fps hit I decided to try & get FEX to work. Like you I had used it for years with FSX and loved it. I now have the benefit of its great textures plus lower frame rates.....a win win situation from my standpoint Smile Incidentally FTX Aero provides you with a good choice of runway textures & taxiway markings.....assumimg you use FTX of course!
EasyRider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2015 at 12:39pm
Hi there
Have I bought today FEX. As previous speakers have said, the clouds and the sky and the water are better than REX. Use only for the REX textures at the airport. Would be really happy if you can use FEX for P3Dv2 and if there would be further developed.

I use ASN for weather engine

Thank you for the great product!

Sebastian
cal2177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2015 at 12:51pm
Agree. REX was such a resource hog that I had to uninstall it. Its been sitting on the shelf for a long time in favor of FEX.
John Patterson
ryanbATC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryanbATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2015 at 2:15pm
You can just copy your FSX FEX clouds over to P3D and it works. The interface won't but you can use the textures which I also prefer. Backup your originals
woodhick803 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodhick803 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2015 at 2:47pm
Now there's a thought.  Thanks Ryan.
Jetline Hellfire GTO
Intel I7 960 quad core processor O/C'ed to 3.7GHz
Nvidia GeForce GTX570 1.2Gb video card
6 Gb Muskin DDR3 CL 6 RAM
300Gb VelociRaptor dedicated hard drive
Win 7 Home Premium
enrico68 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enrico68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2015 at 6:45am
Hello Neil,

I sent you a pm...

Enrico
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic