SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Flight Environment Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FEX screen resolution error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evenios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FEX screen resolution error
    Posted: October-03-2019 at 3:37pm
A previous post was made about the subject but the moderator instead of posting the SOLUTION chose to just post a link.........to a thread that no longer exists...
seems another person had this same issue and tried to get support and sent messages with no luck....

seriously you guys need to work on your tech support......and would be NICE if you had a proper email instead of having to create a forum account just to get support

as said before the error i get when trying to load the config program:

When I click to open FEX I get an error message that it requires a minimum screen resolution of 1024 x 768 and terminates

No matter what resolution i chose i get this error.  Windows 10 64 bit using latest updates.

This is clearly a BUG in your program and instead of me and others having to ask for support on this why not UPDATE the program so that this error doesnt happen anyways?

really let down since this is one of the FEW programs i bought a few years back that has been updated to actually SUPPORT P3D

but kinda hard to do so if you cant bloody OPEN the config program now CAN YOU?

im posting this here because it is NOT solved and you need to UPDATE the program to FIX this error.

im not in the mood to invest in more fsx/p3d addons when FS2020 is on the way but id like to be able to use some of the addons i HAVE in the meantime......

this is one of the FEW addons i had that doesnt require a PAID P3D update........yet as i said not WORKING.

anyone else in the forums know a contact email for actual support for these people?

Steve Halpern View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Halpern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2019 at 8:52am

It must have been formatted wrong. It is likely your font size. You may need to reset it to the default size in Windows.
Steve

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2019 at 12:31pm
That thread is very old however it does point to the Windows font DPI as the issue.

It is not just FEX that can be affected. There are many other software GUIs out there that do not like the DPI settings @ certain resolutions, and, in Windows 10 on my system where I run 2560x1600 the fonts can appear somewhat blurry whereby Microsoft decided to reset the DPI scaling every so many reboots no matter what I set it to.

Therefore I use a little program called Windows 10 DPI fixer and set it to 125% @ Windows 8.1 DPI scaling http://windows10-dpi-fix.xpexplorer.com/ and to boot with Windows.

It resolves issues like this and also keeps the fonts nice and sharp.

Evenios View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evenios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2019 at 1:12pm
thanks....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic