SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Flight Environment Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FE and "run-time error 9"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larshgf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FE and "run-time error 9"
    Posted: July-05-2006 at 4:42pm

I want to start my Flight Environment after having not used it since april this year. I get an error message at once saying

run-time error '9' - Subscript out of range

One of the developers must have a solution to this problem

Best Regards

Lars

Steve Halpern View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Halpern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2006 at 5:39pm

It is likely that a file has become corrupt.

Since this is not common, a reinstall of the product is the only likely solution.

Please remove the current install first.

Steve

larshgf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larshgf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2006 at 6:35pm

Thanks Steve, Ill try...

BR

Lars

larshgf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larshgf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2006 at 3:07am

I have uninstalled my FE and reinstalled the basic Flight Environment Setup file. When i double click the icon after a little while with a FE splash screen I get the same error message Run-time error '9'.

The originally installed FE was updated untill the latest version update 3. My reinstallation was made only with the basic FE Setup file. But I guess it should run the program OK with only the basic Setup file. Have I done anything wrong?

BR

Lars

NB: Btw - is there any method to get an e-mail notofication when I get an answer in a topic??

Pep_e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pep_e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2006 at 3:31am
Lars, you should go to Flight 1's web site and download the latest FE wrapper, and reinstall from that red wrapper. With the latest version downloaded and installed, your problem should disappear.

No, theirs no auto notification option in this forum. You must check back at your own convenience.

Cheers,

Pierre.
XPS600 XP-Pro P4 3.73EEHT
2-250Gig WDSE Raid-0
2-XFX 7600GT 256MB PCI-E
2GB PC2-5300 Z5500 Spkr/sub
2 Dell 20.1" WFP
MX1000 Mouse G15 KeyBoard
Saitek X52& Rudder Pedals
Belkin 1100 VA UPS

Steve Halpern View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Halpern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2006 at 9:35am

Also, make sure you fully delete the Flight One Software\Flight Environment that is in FS2004. You can leave the Flight One Software folder there, just delete the Flight Environment folder.

Then, download the product again from Flight1.com, use your Key file, and reinstall.

If it does not work, it is likely a virus scanner or another utility corrupting your install. You will have to dig deeper in your system to try to find which one it could be.

Steve

cmaesing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaesing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2015 at 3:40pm
I had the same issue today, when reinstalling FE 2004 on a new pc.

Had the DVD version, which was v2. Once I updated to v3 (http://www.flight1.com/support.asp?mode=show&select=Flight%20Environment%20for%20FS2004), the problem disappeared.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic