SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > EZdok Software > EZdok Beta Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedEZCA 2.5 beta (P3D4 / P3D3 and FSX) HERE !..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>
Author

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2017 at 7:24am
Originally posted by Captainwarez Captainwarez wrote:

I still have issues with A2A C172 external plane sounds non existence and arrow keys to pan plane around appear to be reversed. External camera also seems to put my plane in pitot view?
Using P3D V4
windows 10

-Lee

I remember it.  But now we fix import cameras function. I can not solving two problems at the same time. There will be a mess.

EZdok software

www.ezdok-camera.com
Marniftarr View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2017 at 9:05am
For Biker57

This is new build 8 . 

I modified algorithms of importing default cameras. 

Now if aircraft.cfg or sim.cfg files are not found for the loaded aircraft, EZ will inform you that these files are not found, and will offer to download cameras through the Tools menu. After that, an empty camera-set with two cameras "Download camera set" will load.
To import factory cameras for such aircrafts-  Open Tolls - Import factory cameras.
EZ will try to find aircraft.cfg again and if not successfully, warns that it is necessary to specify where the aircraft.cfg file lies in the manually mode.
A dialog box appears to select the location of this file.
You need to show not the folder, but the file aircraft.cfg. For some SimObjects, you need to specify the sim.cfg file, but these are very rare objects.

Follow the prompts. Report back, does this mechanism work?

EZdok software

www.ezdok-camera.com
Bentree View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2017 at 9:30am
Originally posted by Bentree Bentree wrote:

What i mean is EZdoc is not working.

On the tastbar there is the EZdoc icon, when i set my cursor over it....the miniscreen that pops up is blank (white).

When i then click the red "X" in the upper right corner, EZdoc is closing (like it should), when i then start EZdoc by double click the EZdoc shortcut on my desktop it starts up again and then it works (and when i then set my cursor over the EZdoc icon on the taskbar, i see the EZdoc config screen)

So to be short.... i would likt to start EZdoc myself, via the shortcut on my desktop.
In this way EZdoc works right away.

Now i overwrite the existing files by the beta files and EZdoc directly starts up o.k. and working together with P3Dv4 startup.

Kind regards,
Ben

Disregard this "EZdoc not working" report.

I found out that i did not overwrite files in my existing EZdoc directory, but just left the new beta files in a seperate directory.

EZdoc started up automatically from the existing EZdoc directory and did not work, after that i closed the program and started up EZdoc from the seperate directory with the beta files.
My bad.

Kind regards,
Ben
biker57 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2017 at 9:58am
Update

I installed Build 8

1. locating the aircraft.cfg manually works well

IMPORTANT
2. the popup windows are OK

The pic shows the ONLY window that is in the BACKGROUND

Pete
biker57 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2017 at 10:16am

This is a small request but may be helpful.

Ezdok config looks for the aircraft.cfg to remove any conflicting HotKeySelect entries but cannot do this
For addons to P3d outside the sim install folder

As the user has identified the path manually to add cameras can ezdok perform the check for HotkeySelect conflicts without user Awareness -

I appreciate that few aircraft publishers actually use HotkeySelect -   A2A planes do and I now have to manually
Check for HotkeySelect=4 in aircraft.cfg to make ezdok aircraft views work correctly

A reload of the plane in-sim is needed to allow the altered aircraft.cfg to be read by the sim correctly so a popup might be needed stating aircraft reload from the select menu

Pete

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2017 at 10:30am
Ezdok config looks for the aircraft.cfg to remove any conflicting HotKeySelect entries but cannot do this
===
I'll search way  how to make an automatic search for such addons in the configure tool.
But it seems to me that it is necessary to ask the user if other addons (planes) are installed outside the SimObjects folder?
If so, the user manually assigns a folder for such aircraft. EZ will automatically scan inside in  these folders to resolve HotkeySelect conflicts.
Is this correctly ?

EZdok software

www.ezdok-camera.com
Manny View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2017 at 11:10am
The freeze seems to have been solved.. but I have an issue

I like the standard P3D v4 provided fixed spot view. When I hit the S key to rotate view, it seems to get stuck in tower view and doesn't want to get out of there and when I keep holding the S key, it may suddenly let go of the tower view and go to spot or fixed spot view. 

The VC hat switch is horrible now.. It's not precise.. It's jerky, wobbly free floating.. What is the value added for that? Did people complain about the very precise hat switch within VC? EZDOK is going through the NEW COKE moment! Why go mess with something the fans of  EZDOKs were used to? Add new features if you want..but don't take away the basics we were used to. Sigh! Thjis is the same reason, I used to delete or modify the "spot" view of standard P3D to Fixed spot view. 

I have assigned the specific VC view that I like to a button on my yoke within EZCA. How I do that for the standard p3dv4 fixed spot view?

I do not like any of the external camera within EZDOK... almost all of them have this crappy wideangle zoom views which are pretty much useless for me. So I am having to go and deleting all those wide angle views within EZDOK.  
Bentree View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2017 at 11:41am
Originally posted by Manny Manny wrote:

The freeze seems to have been solved.. but I have an issue

I like the standard P3D v4 provided fixed spot view. When I hit the S key to rotate view, it seems to get stuck in tower view and doesn't want to get out of there and when I keep holding the S key, it may suddenly let go of the tower view and go to spot or fixed spot view.

I have assigned the specific VC view that I like to a button on my yoke within EZCA. How I do that for the standard p3dv4 fixed spot view?

I do not like any of the external camera within EZDOK... almost all of them have this crappy wideangle zoom views which are pretty much useless for me. So I am having to go and deleting all those wide angle views within EZDOK

I have the same question and would also like a solution for that.

Meanwhile i solve it by pressing 1 or 2 times "S" and thereafter "CTLS-S", that brings me in spot view.

Kind regards,
Ben
biker57 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2017 at 11:53am
Originally posted by Marniftarr Marniftarr wrote:

===
I'll search way  how to make an automatic search for such addons in the configure tool.
But it seems to me that it is necessary to ask the user if other addons (planes) are installed outside the SimObjects folder?
If so, the user manually assigns a folder for such aircraft. EZ will automatically scan inside in  these folders to resolve HotkeySelect conflicts.
Is this correctly ?

if the user or publisher uses the P3d V4 SDK addon format (not all do)
the addon.xml is placed in documents/Prepar3D v4 Add-ons

MY EXAMPLE - not in c:\drive I don't use this

the file AddOn.cfg in
C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
or
C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

shows the path to the addon folder for that publisher

[Package.0]
PATH=F:\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Dino Cattaneo
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

the sim reads the file AddON.xml in that location for
SimObjects/airplanes/(Aircraft name folders)

<AddOn.Component>
        <Category>SimObjects</Category>
        <Path>content\SimObjects\Airplanes</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>

if you can read the path in Addon.cfg and AddOn.xml the combined path is equal to (sim install folder)/SimObjects/Airplanes or Rotorcraft

addon.cfg path to addon planes = F:\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Dino Cattaneo
Addon.xml = content\SimObjects\Airplanes

full path F:\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Dino Cattaneo\content\SimObjects\Airplanes

If ezdok scans this location as per ezconfig it will find the aircraft.cfg
file for each plane.

I hope this is useful

best regards
Pete
Manny View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2017 at 11:54am
How do I change reference position? I do a tail view within EZDOK but its again one of the ugly wide angle... its been zoomed out. So I zoom back in to a 1.00 zoom. But the position of the camera is inside the aircraft.. I want it to be 500 yards outside the aircraft.

How do I do that? Anyone?
===
What is cameras you mean ? 
Make new "Airctaft" camera near airplane. Then set new ZOOM like 1.0  with + - keyes , then prenn Num2 twice for store this value to camera.
Do not forgot Update camera set for store new values to  data base. 

Guys , please do not discuss here about basic operation with EZ, 
This is beta forum for fixing kernel  problems in EZ like freezes or high CPU usage.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2017 at 11:55am
I will repeat. The EZCA 2.5 code regarding the camera control logic and (HAT-Switch, Joysticks, keyboard) has not been changed. Everything is the same as in the first release 2.0

If you see a change in the logic of the HAT-switch, this could mean that the logic of the functions is changed in P4. Take off the video, I have to see all these problems live.
Now  the logic of interaction with the simulator is being modernized. Next week, I will tackle the study and elimination of other problems. do not hurry. P4 will also change and more than once, so there is no hurry to invest a lot of work in the version of the simulator (build), which tomorrow will not be relevant.
EZdok software

www.ezdok-camera.com
Manny View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2017 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by Marniftarr Marniftarr wrote:

I will repeat. The EZCA 2.5 code regarding the camera control logic and (HAT-Switch, Joysticks, keyboard) has not been changed. Everything is the same as in the first release 2.0

If you see a change in the logic of the HAT-switch, this could mean that the logic of the functions is changed in P4. 

OK..thats good to know..  

But over a period of time, it would be good (after the v4 has been steadied up..not too many changes) to change  EZDOK to adjust toi the new changes P3D has been making to make it work like it used to? So the user experience remains the same? Smile
Manny View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2017 at 1:11pm

This is bad. When I am turning right,, I the pilot am remaining vertical to the Horizon instead of leaning with the aircraft.

How do I fix this. This is bad form of flying! Try going from straight and level flying (in a small GA aircraft) and then do a sudden 90 degree turn.. It's like you are not sitting in your chair with a seat belt, you are floating away in mid air..that's the effect of this.
biker57 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2017 at 1:13pm

I have managed to add a video to youtube for build 8

ezdok is stuck until I make the popup window active on screen

Pete
SimDog101 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2017 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by Manny Manny wrote:

The VC hat switch is horrible now.. It's not precise.. It's jerky, wobbly free floating.. What is the value added for that? Did people complain about the very precise hat switch within VC? EZDOK is going through the NEW COKE moment! Why go mess with something the fans of  EZDOKs were used to? Add new features if you want..but don't take away the basics we were used to. Sigh! Thjis is the same reason, I used to delete or modify the "spot" view of standard P3D to Fixed spot view. 

This is bad. When I am turning right,, I the pilot am remaining vertical to the Horizon instead of leaning with the aircraft.

The hat switch operates perfectly for me in version 4... exactly the same as it's always been.  Are you sure you've disabled the hat (as well as 'A', 'S', etc.) within Prepar3D?  It sounds like your view key assignments may be conflicting.

Turn off the "Horizon Hold" option if you don't like that effect.  You may want to review some of the videos for instruction before reporting issues that are not really issues.
Manny View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2017 at 1:35pm
I had not disabled any keys in v2 of  EZDOK like I did the old version. 

Are these the videos?

Are there more?
Manny View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2017 at 1:51pm
OK.. I disabled the S, A, sh*t-A and Shift S and the hat switch from P3D.

This made no difference. and second, when I exist the sim, my settings assignment of button to a camera in EZDOK is not saving for some reason. I have to do this each time.. and for each variation of the aircraft. the Hat switch is not precise..its free form floating. 

The Horizon parameter helped. I simply reduced the the near zero..left a little bit.. so that solved the issue.
jodle View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2017 at 3:58pm
Same problem as [Manny]. Trying disabling S, A, shA, shA in EZCA/P3Dv4 without results only external views. Trying with other keys (adding) same problem

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2017 at 4:14pm
biker57 
Send this aircraft.cfg on support@arcc-pro.com

EZdok software

www.ezdok-camera.com
Terblanche View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2017 at 4:43pm
So happy to have EZDok back in P3D4 ... just two questions:
1. Why is there a flicker when I press a key to change camera? It is as if it blinks?
2. Pressing 'S' also get me stucked in Tower View
=======
All keys for EZDok is disabled in controls. At the moment it is only setup for PMDG B744.
Great work guys and thanks again for the speedy update.
Bentree View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2017 at 5:04pm
I had the flicker too in the beginning, i think i solved that bij deleting my keystrokes that i attached to my yoke for views. (it had to do something with what you have set for views in P3dv4.

Try to press "S" and after that "CTRL-S", this brings the spotview back to me.
But i think you have to set at least one world cam to get it.

Hope this helps,
Ben

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2017 at 5:19pm
Gus , you can return from A S mode with call any EZ VC cameras only

This "feature" exists with the first version 2.0 which was released in January.
Unfortunately, without a total modernization of the EZ view system, this situation can not be corrected.
There is an EZCA review system and a non-switchable  simulator view system, which get along oddly.
In July, I begin a total revision of the review system of EZ and I hope to end this disgrace forever. What and how I will do while will remain a secret, but experiments have shown that this technique will eliminate the problems of switching to Spot or Tower  or other cameras.
Anyway, in version 2.6, in addition to the improved camera manager (it will not be necessary to clone the same camera-set for the same aircraft but with different livery), so, apart from the improved camera manager, I will venture to offer a completely new approach to camera control.
But now we need to eliminate the more fundamental problems that arose when moving to version 4. There is a very big risk to start upgrading one piece of code and broke the other part for 99% of users for who all work perfectly.
EZdok software

www.ezdok-camera.com

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2017 at 5:37pm
No views are set on my joystick buttons.

The flicker/blink when changing cameras was experienced years ago when there were accidentally a conflict between EZDok keys and some controls in FSX. But I've made sure ... there is no conflict anywhere. Will try and run config again see if it remains.

The HAT was stuttering until I deleted the View Pan key in controls. Now that is smooth again.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2017 at 5:43pm
Guys, the flickers/blinks is a not EZCA problem in a P4 !

For check it - kill EZCA.exe process then switch cameras via simulator menu. You will see same blinks.

EZdok software

www.ezdok-camera.com

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2017 at 7:23pm
Marniftarr,

When I disable EZCA, there is NO flicker/blink when switching cameras. The moment I enable EZCA again, then they are back. Do you think it has something to do with the PMDG B744 V3 and EZCA ... and stange that other people don't have the same problem. Maybe another thing, I cannot run FSUIPC 5 with the PMDG B744. There is apparently some conflict between the two and they're working on it.

Any correlation between EZCA and FSUIPC ...??
SimDog101 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2017 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by Terblanche Terblanche wrote:

Marniftarr,
When I disable EZCA, there is NO flicker/blink when switching cameras. The moment I enable EZCA again, then they are back. 

As mentioned earlier, UNCHECKING "Hide 2D panels in VC when camera is changed" (in the General Settings menu) should get rid of the flickering black screen when changing views; but it only works in the VC.

Make sure to assign a joystick button or key command in EZCA to at least one internal VC camera (preferably the default pilot view) to enable you to exit external views and get immediately back in the cockpit.
b200fo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2017 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by SimDog101 SimDog101 wrote:

Marniftarr,
When I disable EZCA, there is NO flicker/blink when switching cameras. The moment I enable EZCA again, then they are back. 

As mentioned earlier, UNCHECKING "Hide 2D panels in VC when camera is changed" (in the General Settings menu) should get rid of the flickering black screen when changing views; but it only works in the VC.

Make sure to assign a joystick button or key command in EZCA to at least one internal VC camera (preferably the default pilot view) to enable you to exit external views and get immediately back in the cockpit.

I unchecked and it flashes black only on the first cockpit view if I check the box it flashes changing every view. I have no conflicts all my keys are unbound in p3d including joystick buttons and the a and s. I am flying the C172 from A2A

lestercat View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2017 at 11:38pm
Anyone have fsdreamteam KIAH installed? I get flickering textures when in an outside view. From inside views no problem. Same with ezca disabled and using default cams. I read about 'clipmode' being changed but don't know where to start.
WiganLad View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2017 at 5:51am
Just having a small issue with the trackIR5 cameras. although the ver 2.5  build 8 see the old v2 cameras it doesn't  pick up trackIR.
I have to call a new camera with the 'add new camera' button for trackIR to work.

bob

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2017 at 6:13am
Originally posted by SimDog101 SimDog101 wrote:

Marniftarr,

GREAT!! That's it .... fixed. Thank you

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2017 at 7:48am

Just one last question -

If you accidentally pressed a joystick button in VIEWS how do you UNsellect it because no matter what I do, it remains in the block?

Thanks.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2017 at 9:05am

[ESC]
Just a moment lapse of reason!
SimDog101 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2017 at 10:22am
Is there any way to initialize EZCA so that it doesn't steal focus from the simulator when starting a flight?  While it's not a major issue, the need to always click the screen at startup gets annoying after a while.
TUIjie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2017 at 12:31pm
Hi can anyone help me, I have installed EZDok the latest beta for P3d V4 however previously in P3D v3 I was able to hold the middle mouse button and use the arrow keys to move around the aircraft however when I do this in V4 the aircraft moves etc as well as the camera. Can anyone offer me any advice on this? I have ran the config time and again but that doesn't seem to work.

Thanks
panselmo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2017 at 12:56pm
Hello!

The only problem I had currently, how can I get back the default "spot view". Anyone can help?

Thank You.
biker57 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2017 at 2:17pm

From the P3d controls setup page - keyboard section

Delete the view key assignments
S key A key
shift + S and shift +A.

I found this allows ezdok v2 to access the defauit view system correctly otherwise I just get nearest tower views
I also remove the view - PAN button joystick assignment for each controller - otherwise joy/Panning is is not smooth
Pete

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2017 at 5:18pm
Guys, hello everyone.
Today I tested Cessna 172 from A2A.
The problem of entangled arrow keys on external views is really exists !

The aircraft is installed in the Roaming folder. This means that the configure tool can not remove the conflicting "hotkeyselect" strings..
In the aircraft.cfg file from this aircraft there is a "hotkeyselect = 4" strings  which belongs to the outer camera  of the C172 and which conflicts with the external EZCA camera.
A temporary solution to the problem -
Using Notepad, open the aircraft.cfg file which placed  in  this path
C: \ Users \ <your user name> \ Documents \ Prepar3D v4 Add-ons \ A2A \ SimObjects \ Airplanes \ A2A_C172
Find hotkeyselect = 4 and just put the "/" sumbol before this string. 
Should be "/hotkeyselect = 4" 

Save the file.

This week I'm updating the "configure tool" and "automatic import cameras" functions  so that these functions scan the additional Add-Ons folder.
Wait some time.
EZdok software

www.ezdok-camera.com
dancemad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2017 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by Nickbe Nickbe wrote:

[QUOTE=aeromaks]Hi Marniftarr,
In the program settings, uncheck/check the box with "Hide 2D Pop-Up". Black flares will not. I do not remember exactly the name of this option are not at the computer with P3D4.

Does anyone know where this 2d popup setting is. I am getting the black flash on camera changes.

Nickbe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2017 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by dancemad dancemad wrote:

Does anyone know where this 2d popup setting is. I am getting the black flash on camera changes.

Correctly, it sounds like:
UNCHECKING "Hide 2D panels in VC when camera is changed" (in the General Settings menu)
Nick B.
Ezdok Software
kuuipo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2017 at 1:12am
Thanks for the update, it works pretty good with P3d V4 and PMDG777.  However, when loading, I get a black screen.  I found that the zoom is going all the way to zero.  As soon as I zoom in, or hit a defined camera button, the zoom goes to the correct zoom.

Thanks,

Bob
-------
Asus Maximus IX Formula MB, Intel i7 7700K, NVIDIA 1080 Video
Windows 10, 2 SSD M.2 Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
FSX and Prepar3d V4
PMDG 737NGX and 777
Triple-Head-2Go with 3 32" Monitors
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>
  Share Topic