SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > EZdok Software > EZdok Beta Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedEZCA 2.5 beta (P3D4 / P3D3 and FSX) HERE !..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 19>
Author

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2017 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by planenut planenut wrote:

Hate to be the village idiot here but I can't figure out how to transfer, copy or whatever I have to do to install these files. In other words what procedure do I have to follow to replace and overwrite the files in
EZCA2 folder. Thanks for any guidance.

Jim

If you have ezdok v2 installed download the linked files and unzip them to the program files\ezdok folder that ezdok is installed overwriting the files then run the config exe
drayton_k View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2017 at 2:20pm
Everything fine under P3DV4 using the PMDG 747 V2

However I have just tested again in P3D V3 and I had to kill the EZCA process as it made the sim run really slowly, framerates dropped down to 2fps at times and there were issues operating everything. Once I ran the old version 2.1.0.10 again, all was fine.

Using Windows 7 64 Bit and PMDG 737 NGX in V3
Barnes View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2017 at 2:45pm
Testing with the default aircraft, EZdok seems to be working well for me in P3Dv4. CPU usage seems a bit high (2.5-4% with F-22) compared to what I remember in P3Dv3. 

BTW - I have also tried starting EZdok by using the add-on.xml method instead of using an entry in exe.xml and it works without any issues. 
stripealipe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2017 at 3:04pm
Working fine on my Windows 10 64bit install. I've only tried briefly with a couple of stock planes, and then mostly with the Aerosoft Twin Otter. So nice to have EZdok back in V4!

It copied the default cameras for the aircraft in nicely and assigned suitable effects which was very nice indeed. I tweaked a couple of zooms for pilot and co-pilot and then setup some outside observer cams, and wow, these are truly epic!

Will report back with any funny goings on, but all cool so far, thanks.
Asus P9X79 Pro - Intel 3930K @ 4.4GHz - MSI GTX 1080ti GamingX - ORBX
eandar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2017 at 3:21pm

So far its working in prepar3d 4. but why does it make my plane wobble left and right when i'am sitting still? it stops when i disable it.

eandar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2017 at 3:34pm
Let you know when i use the new ezca 2 in prepar3d 4 my plane rocks left and right all the time on runway. I have a2a 172 trainer.
Bentree View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2017 at 3:35pm
Jim,

I didn't overwrite files, just place the downloaded files in some empty directory and start ezca.exe whenever you loaded up P3Dv4 and it works.

Kind regards,
Ben
BushFlyer View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2017 at 3:43pm
Not working for me, it runs totally unresponsive.. unable to use the sim and the EZCA interface is completely unusable, it's basically lagging so hard that it takes 30 seconds to enable/disable any of the effects. It also reduces P3D down to a slideshow. Have to CTRL-ALT-DEL to stop it.

Windows 10 P3D 4.0.
Marniftarr View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2017 at 4:12pm
Guys, I read all the pages. There is one common problem - EZ does not work with PMDGs and does not work with A2A aircraft from some users. From the side of the code it is the same EZ version 2.5 for 32 bit P3D v3 only some functions have been rendered in a separate process resh.exe. These are completely isolated processes, so there is no difference in the performance of EZ compared to 2.5 32bit.
Probably the reason in the fast  adapted PMDG aircraft from developers side.. This requires a deep analysis than I'm doing right now.
Probably P4 is still raw. There is a problem of running Prepar v4 if some USB input devices are connected to the PC. I can  not run Prepar V4 if the Nostromo Razer game pad is connected. Ie P4 itself is still raw and will be repeatedly optimized.
Before fixing the problems which you told, it needs to be identified and thoroughly examined, only after that I rework the code.
Therefore, I can not fix these problems right now, since this will also require fixing the P3D itself (probably expecting a new version), as well as corrections from PMDG, A2A  are likely to be required.
One way or another I am with you and are now working on studying these problems that you described.
Small request. When writing about a problem, be sure to describe the version of the system, the name of the antivirus, because it was noticed that some antiviruses like Defender or Nod32 or AVAST block the Simconnect operation between EZ and the simulator.
If I find a solution to these problems these days, I will immediately release the next build.

====

EZdok software

www.ezdok-camera.com

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2017 at 4:19pm
It seems I found the reason for the large CPU load.
There is a heavenly flaw in the automatic loading of cameras by default for some aircraft, if the camera-set for this aircraft is no exists. EZCA now always loads the built-in default cameras if there is no camera set.
To test my guess, load Submarin Ohio Class - for the submarine there will be no camera-set and EZCA will try to download the built-in cameras and hang on the big CPU load.

Everyone check this . If it is, until Monday I will try to fix this problem.

A temporary solution for those who EZ load  a lot of CPU and freeze.
In spite of the strongly inhibited interface, try - File - Update camera set. EZCA will create a camera set and after rebooting will see that the camera set exists and will not use the automatic loading of cameras by default. It worked for me.
But this is certainly a temporary solution.

EZdok software

www.ezdok-camera.com
b200fo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2017 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by Marniftarr Marniftarr wrote:

It seems I found the reason for the large CPU load.
There is a heavenly flaw in the automatic loading of cameras by default for some aircraft, if the camera-set for this aircraft is no exists. EZCA now always loads the built-in default cameras if there is no camera set.
To test my guess, load Submarin Ohio Class - for the submarine there will be no camera-set and EZCA will try to download the built-in cameras and hang on the big CPU load.

In spite of the strongly inhibited interface, try - File - Update camera set. EZCA will create a camera set and after rebooting will see that the camera set exists and will not use the automatic loading of cameras by default. It worked for me.

I almost replied telling you it happens in the default F-22 aircraft not just PMDG and A2A but I see this and I do not have a camera set for the default F-22 yet. I only fly the A2A. I have other issues too I posted above I can repeat them

external cameras in ezdok does not change sound to external sounds I still sound like I am sitting in the cockpit going to an external view

In the external view using arrow keys on keyboard are not mapped to forward back left right each key is mixed up does not correspond to the correct key.

Performance is not as bad even after it loads a saved camera set only if I change the process to normal from a default in the options of realtime.

My windows start menu does not disappear p3dv4 is not going into a true full screen mode is the ezdok process blocking full screen mode?

Thank you
biker57 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2017 at 5:00pm

Quote It seems I found the reason for the large CPU load.

I have also determined the same reason

many of my freeware /payware have been added to p3d V4 using the LM P3d ADDON.xml option
however this means Ezdok cannot find the AIRCRAFT.CFG file in simobjects/airplanes/

By creating a camera set in p3d v3 with the plane installed as normal in simobjects/../

then run V4 - ezdok recognises that a profile already exists and does not attempt to auto load views from the aircraft.cfg file which in v4 does not exist in simobjects/../ and ezdok works normally

my plan for a temp fix is to alter the addon.xml to exclude the
simobjects/airplane/ folder and place it directly into V4 simobjects/airplanes
for ezdok to see it - not tested - but should work

of course a better solution will be to opt out of the autodetect - unfortunately using update camera set will not work for me, as at that point
after the plane loads ezdok is Already Hung and won't accept the request to update camera set
Pete

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2017 at 5:09pm
b200fo

I wrote down all the problems that you found.
I will stydy those.. Thanks for watching.

EZdok software

www.ezdok-camera.com
eandar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2017 at 5:11pm
Marniftarr ezca 2 is working for the most part of different views but the rocking left and right a pain so i went in and diabled the fuselage and it stopped rocking i'am using a2a 172

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2017 at 5:39pm
In A2A, Majestic has its own physics bypassing the simulator. Therefore, for such airplanes, I made switch   off the channel of influence on the fuselage.
EZdok software

www.ezdok-camera.com
Nickbe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2017 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by Marniftarr Marniftarr wrote:

A simple temporary solution to create a set of "Update Camera Set":

in windowed mode the P3D menu
Add-ons - Ezdok camera addon - Show studio.

Then, just close P3D4 - Scenario - Exit. The remaining EZCA main window will no longer slow down after a couple of seconds and you can easily execute "Update Camera Set" and close the program. When you next start P3D4 with the same plane will be fine.
Ezdok Software Team.

Му Ezdok.2 cameras profiles there: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13In_wbmYmUzVdNVBMYUY1Z1lW-3doCd4?usp=sharing
solentlfyer View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2017 at 6:20pm
I can confirm the workaround suggested by Marniftarr and Nickbe to execute "Update Camera Set" after closing P3D4 has solved the hanging I was experiencing with the PMDG 747 v3.

The menus in EZCA all now work instantly when this aircraft is loaded and the CPU load for EZCA has returned to normal.

It seems the cause of this problem has now been successfully identified!!

Many thanks,
Dennis
simson View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2017 at 7:25pm
Tested in win10 64 German, P3DV4, RealAir Legacy. My own cams were there just like in P3DV3. Also unticked the "Hide 2D panels..." for smooth transitions.

First i thought there was another bug. When i switched to any cam by its defined joybutton and then zoomed in or out with + or - key, then pressed the same joybutton again to get back to its normal cam and zoom factor, this button didn't switch anymore but now zoomed very slowly too. I first solved this by simply switching to another cam and then back to this cam.

But after a restart of P3D everything works flawless now. I can switch to a cam, zoom in or out how i like, press the cam's button again, and am in the cam's default position again. So just like always before. Alright here!

Don't know why this happened after the first boot. Just wanted to let you know.
stripealipe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2017 at 7:57pm
Yeah, actually , following on from Simpson, i had a CTD on first boot. All was fine after that.. Maybe that might point to some initial setup problem?
Asus P9X79 Pro - Intel 3930K @ 4.4GHz - MSI GTX 1080ti GamingX - ORBX
b200fo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2017 at 8:02pm
I have a smooth transition between camera views except back to the first. It flashes black each time I go back to the main virtual cockpit view I have setup.
planenut View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2017 at 10:26pm
This is the problem I am having.

When I click on the download link I get a box labeled 2.5 beta 64 build6.rar. Underneath that label it's repeated (minus the.rar) If I click on that, I get the 5 files. It's at that point that I can't do anything with them. Can't unzip, copy and paste, or move the files. The only options available are select all or print. Just can't proceed beyond that.

Jim
Jim Allen
b200fo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2017 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by planenut planenut wrote:

This is the problem I am having.

When I click on the download link I get a box labeled 2.5 beta 64 build6.rar. Underneath that label it's repeated (minus the.rar) If I click on that, I get the 5 files. It's at that point that I can't do anything with them. Can't unzip, copy and paste, or move the files. The only options available are select all or print. Just can't proceed beyond that.

Jim

what program are you opening the rar with?
scotpat View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2017 at 12:37am
Been using for a short time and working beautifully on first go.
I really like the visual representations of vibrations.

Many thanks for being so quick, without EZCA I just couldn't enjoy the P3D V4 and all it's new features.

It's Christmas come early for me.

Thanks. Big smile
ramirez View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2017 at 1:14am
Hello,
it's also not working for me. Tested with C172 A2A and RealAir planes, its make the sim very very laggy. I'm using W7 and i tried with both AV on or off, same result.

Don't know if it's can help, but I also tried with the old 1.18 I was using until now by simply adding the code to exe.xml. It was working but gaving the same result with many lags.

Please update.

EDIT : the tip suggested by Marniftarr and Nickbe works, but i don't myself doing that for every planes.
scotpat View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2017 at 1:56am
There are no Realair planes for p3d v4 ?.
Nickbe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2017 at 4:22am
Originally posted by ramirez ramirez wrote:

Hello,
it's also not working for me. Tested with C172 A2A and RealAir planes, its make the sim very very laggy. I'm using W7 and i tried with both AV on or off, same result.

Don't know if it's can help, but I also tried with the old 1.18 I was using until now by simply adding the code to exe.xml. It was working but gaving the same result with many lags.

Please update.

EDIT : the tip suggested by Marniftarr and Nickbe works, but i don't myself doing that for every planes.

Prepar3D v4 is different from v3, how it stores configuration data for the aircraft and cameras. These features are now studied and very soon will be update EZCA 2.5.. which eliminates problems of freezing some aircraft.
Ezdok Software Team.

Му Ezdok.2 cameras profiles there: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13In_wbmYmUzVdNVBMYUY1Z1lW-3doCd4?usp=sharing
biker57 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2017 at 4:46am

A combination of the suggested workaround and importing v3 profiles means I now have all my installed planes in P3d v4 working including dino's freeware and lionheart creations classic ga planes -a2a Cessna -pmdg 747 v3 etc

Thank you Marniftarr and the ezdok team - loving v2 I was missing it a lot

looking forward to spending time flying and setting up views over the weekend

Scotpat : the realair duke v2 and legacy v2 work in v4 but not all the sounds are working as the sound gauge file is not v4 compatible

Pete
Alain View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2017 at 6:22am
Hello !
I am new to this Forum and happy to be part of you.
I do not speak English and I write with Google translation.
Here is my question:

I have the version EZCA 1.18.7 for P3Dv3.
With my P3Dv4 I must first install the Ezca 2 version and then apply this method :

---> "1. Download this archive.

2. Replace with owerwrite all files to this file to c: \ ProgramFiles (86) \ EZCA2.

3. Add all .EXE files from EZCA2 folder to exclude list of your antivirus.

4. Run new configure tool, select Prepar3d V4 then reconfigure simulator."

is it correct ?

Thank you for your help

Alain
Nickbe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2017 at 6:49am
Yes, that's right.
Ezdok Software Team.

Alain View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2017 at 7:47am
Originally posted by Nickbe Nickbe wrote:

Yes, that's right.

Merci Nickbe !
Bentree View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2017 at 1:14pm
Hi Guy's, 

I have a question.

EZDoc for P3dv4 works fine for me, but when i start P3dv4 EZDoc starts up together with it automatically.

I don't want that, because when it starts automatically together with P3Dv4, EZdoc is not working properly.
When i start it up after i startup P3Dv4, EZdoc is working just fine.

So to be short, how can i prevent EZdoc from startup up automatically when i startup P3Dv4

Kind regards,
Ben
Alain View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2017 at 4:08pm
i have the same problem with EZCA version 1.18.7  and P3DV3...
I will upgrade to version 2, and I hope I do not have this problem yet !!!! (with P3DV4)

Merci

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2017 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by Bentree Bentree wrote:

Hi Guy's, 

I have a question.

EZDoc for P3dv4 works fine for me, but when i start P3dv4 EZDoc starts up together with it automatically.

I don't want that, because when it starts automatically together with P3Dv4, EZdoc is not working properly.
When i start it up after i startup P3Dv4, EZdoc is working just fine.

So to be short, how can i prevent EZdoc from startup up automatically when i startup P3Dv4

Kind regards,
Ben

Tell me , what you mean  "EZdoc is not working properly" if it star together with p3D ?
EZdok software

www.ezdok-camera.com
Bentree View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2017 at 6:11pm
What i mean is EZdoc is not working.

On the tastbar there is the EZdoc icon, when i set my cursor over it....the miniscreen that pops up is blank (white).

When i then click the red "X" in the upper right corner, EZdoc is closing (like it should), when i then start EZdoc by double click the EZdoc shortcut on my desktop it starts up again and then it works (and when i then set my cursor over the EZdoc icon on the taskbar, i see the EZdoc config screen)

So to be short.... i would likt to start EZdoc myself, via the shortcut on my desktop.
In this way EZdoc works right away.

Kind regards,
Ben

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2017 at 6:32pm
Hi all. 
This is EZCA v2.5 build 7.

Probably i fixed interface lags and freezes  if camera-set for current aircraft is not exists.
Now EZCA wiil get cameras from airplane (function is fixed) then automatically  making new  camera-set with imported factory cameras. This is "default camera set" with default Effects. Default camera-set it means that best if you load camera-set from similar aircraft or making it with  effect manager like i explaining in this video 

After next launch,  EZCA will get camera-set which made in previous step and will not import default cameras.

PROCEDURE OF INSTALL like Build6 (Overwrite all .exe  files from archive  to  EZCA2 folder)

For users who have problem with configure tool. 
If you will get cameras.cfg file from P3D V3  then run EZ config tool then configure this file as Prepar4 , this file will empty because any .ini fileas from P3Dv3 version have ANSI codepage , but EZ configure-tool work with Unicode .ini files when you configure this file like Prepar4. 
For fix this problem - 
Delete cameras.cfg file from P3DV4 , then launch Prepar. The Prepar will restore this file as Unicode code page. After this , you can configure simulator with EZ config tool. 

EZdok software

www.ezdok-camera.com
Samson View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2017 at 5:28am
Hi Marniftarr,

unfortunately your provided download-link doesn´t work !
Could you update/change it, please ?

Many thanks.

Regards, Lars
Nickbe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2017 at 5:45am
Checked, for me the link works.
Ezdok Software Team.

Samson View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2017 at 6:07am
Hi Nickbe,

i appologize, you´re right, it actually works, i had to log off my google drive account and was able to download it, while logged in it gave me an "Access-error", very strange.

Thanks anyway.

Regards, Lars
Captainwarez View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2017 at 6:23am
I still have issues with A2A C172 external plane sounds non existence and arrow keys to pan plane around appear to be reversed. External camera also seems to put my plane in pitot view?
Using P3D V4
windows 10

-Lee
biker57 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2017 at 6:36am

win 10 pro 64 bit
windows defender - ezdok excluded

I have tried the new version

1. it works for aircraft in (sim install folder)/simObjects/airplanes

2. for aircraft in a separate addon folder - it works but see image for error