SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > EZdok Software > EZdok Beta Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedEZCA 2.5 beta (P3D4 / P3D3 and FSX) HERE !..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 19>
Author

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2017 at 5:52am
Biker57. Understood you. I need some time for study your method. 
EZdok software

www.ezdok-camera.com
cavaricooper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2017 at 12:55pm
Pete and Marniftarr-

Please consider that P3D ALSO sees add-on.xmls in the native Simobjects folder (a la A2a) so that is also a consideration....

BTW Pete- thanks for the pointer on editing the camera hot key 4- appreciated!

Best- C

Originally posted by biker57 biker57 wrote:

My modified method will be a commonly used method by users

many Pc simmers are now using smaller SSDs for Windows OS And separate drives for sim installs. It is extremely unwise bordering on rediculous for LM to suggest users install ALL external addons in %userprofile%\documents\Prepar3d V3/4 Addons

For P3d to auto-recognise addons it ONLY requires the Add-on.xml in that location[/QUOTE]
smoothchat View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2017 at 10:15pm

many Pc simmers are now using smaller SSDs for Windows OS And separate drives for sim installs. It is extremely unwise bordering on rediculous for LM to suggest users install ALL external addons in %userprofile%\documents\Prepar3d V3/4 Addons

For P3d to auto-recognise addons it ONLY requires the Add-on.xml in that location

Yes, we need to alert the P3D dev team as to just how crazy it is to be using the documents folder for addons.

So far, I have only found A2A using this addons feature (which prompted me to immediately use a  Symbolic Link to get these files off my SSD boot device), so far, all my other aircraft install directly into SimObjects

On my system, there's also an addons.cfg file in ProgramData/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3d v4 which has extra entries compared to the one in Appdata/Roaming.

Each file has a [Package.0] entry

(There's also additional dll.xml and exe.xml files in the ProgramData folder) An addon can insert itself in several locations.

Are they deliberately trying to make this complex?

Marniftarr View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2017 at 4:55am
Guys,  to  appeal to  LM, the appeal must be mass . I also do not like that A2A is install in the default folder ... I do not know what will happen with the boot disk space, if the scenery  are also will  installed to same folder.
EZdok software

www.ezdok-camera.com
leftseat View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2017 at 3:35pm
How much fps loss is there ? I am losing about 4 fps with chase plane in p3d4...
Greg
Nickbe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2017 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by leftseat leftseat wrote:

How much fps loss is there ? I am losing about 4 fps with chase plane in p3d4...
Greg

If I close EZCA2 the FPS in Prepar4 not changed. So no FPS impact. The load on the CPU from EZCA does not exceed 1%, typically 0.7%
(Win7x64, i5-3750K@4000Hz, 16Gb DDR3, GTX960/4Gb)
Nick B.
Ezdok Software

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2017 at 6:57pm
I'm with Nick- in fact, the performance hit is one of the reasons I never installed Chaseplane.

C
leftseat View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2017 at 7:35pm
Ok thanks for the info
Greg
joefackel View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2017 at 9:36am
Originally posted by Nickbe Nickbe wrote:

The load on the CPU from EZCA does not exceed 1%, typically 0.7%

Same. But what me shocked last time i checked process monitor was that EZCA had 118 active threads when P3d.exe had 65 active. Shocked
RRVyper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2017 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by smoothchat smoothchat wrote:

For P3d to auto-recognise addons it ONLY requires the Add-on.xml in that location

Yes, we need to alert the P3D dev team as to just how crazy it is to be using the documents folder for addons.

So far, I have only found A2A using this addons feature (which prompted me to immediately use a  Symbolic Link to get these files off my SSD boot device), so far, all my other aircraft install directly into SimObjects

On my system, there's also an addons.cfg file in ProgramData/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3d v4 which has extra entries compared to the one in Appdata/Roaming.

Each file has a [Package.0] entry

(There's also additional dll.xml and exe.xml files in the ProgramData folder) An addon can insert itself in several locations.

Are they deliberately trying to make this complex?

There is no reason to keep your Documents folder on the boot drive - in fact, it's not a good idea in case of a boot drive failure or OS reinstall.  To move the folder, right-click the Documents folder, select Properties, then the Location tab, and click the Move button.  Then browse to the location you want.  This will be transparent to your programs.

You can do this with other folders as well, such as Downloads, Pictures, Music, etc.

Tongue
GeorgiosGiannoukos View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2017 at 1:57am
Hello, are somewhere ezdok cockpit and World camera sets ready to download?
Please let me know
stripealipe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2017 at 2:22pm
One quick question - all working perfectly with my current setup with ASP4 and a couple of third party aircraft but i was wondering if i'll still have to manually make the tweak to make the World Camera automatically track my aircraft and if there is any plans to add a button to switch this realtime in the app itself? Cheers!
Asus P9X79 Pro - Intel 3930K @ 4.4GHz - MSI GTX 1080ti GamingX - ORBX

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2017 at 6:44am
Marniftarr-

With this last beta build, when I load the PMDG DC-6, the zoom is always wrong (way too zoomed out as I normally fly at Zoom 1). To fix, I have to go to the EXCA outside view, which correctly loads the camera system, and then I load the VC and all is well again....

Carl

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2017 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by joefackel joefackel wrote:

Originally posted by Nickbe Nickbe wrote:

The load on the CPU from EZCA does not exceed 1%, typically 0.7%

Same. But what me shocked last time i checked process monitor was that EZCA had 118 active threads when P3d.exe had 65 active. Shocked

Yes , it is correctly. 
Inside, the EZCA has a large number of parallel threads and a very complex structure for creating vibration effects. This is a real-time application. No post process operations. Threads  gives a performance boost.

Hi , All !

Now i stayed  outside the city. Here i have internet and i  can do  technical support, but there are no sources of code to continue the project. I will continue to develop EZ as soon as I return to office. It will be around the end of the week.
If 11 build is  working  well for 90% of beta testers, then there is a thought to make an official update from 2.1 to 2.5 version. Who thinks the same way?
EZdok software

www.ezdok-camera.com

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2017 at 4:53pm
It's definitely stable enough to release.  My zoom issue was corrected by running the config tool once more.  This really needs to be the FIRST THING everyone does, before anything else- I have forgotten about aircraft installs etc, and running this usually fixes my issues.  This v4 transition has been WORK :)

PLEASE, PLEASE get some native English speaker to produce a series of videos like you had for EZCA v1.  That guy was great, and IT WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR SALES, if you have a CLEAR AND CONCISE VIDEO SERIES.

Best- C

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2017 at 6:51pm
It's very difficult now. That guy is not available right now. I do not know who it was, but I guess that he is from Russia ? Now that the functions are created and documented, we can create a complete tutorial or manual in PDF version.
EZdok software

www.ezdok-camera.com
GeorgiosGiannoukos View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2017 at 9:29pm
Please it's nice if we could had the ability also to download ready sets of Ezdok
Nickbe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2017 at 2:25am
Originally posted by GeorgiosGiannoukos GeorgiosGiannoukos wrote:

Please it's nice if we could had the ability also to download ready sets of Ezdok

With the release of the initial version EZCA2 ready sets for some aircraft is available at:
http://www.ezdok-camera.com/camerasets

With the release of version 2.5 EZCA have the opportunity to easily create their own set of cameras with effects for any aircraft.

For this EZCA imports a list of cameras from the aircraft (aircraft.cfg).
After that we can apply to any VC camera (camera view of the pilot) base effect CORE, depending on the type of aircraft HEAVY, MID, LITE.
This base effect sets the main dependence of the effect of shaking and turbulence and inherited for all cameras of the head of the pilot.
Features of shaking head of the pilot are set by the parameter HEAD.

Try to make an experiment with the effects. In my opinion tuning capabilities negate the need for downloading ready-made sets.

Later Marniftarr plans to make educational material about the effects Processor.
Nick B.
Ezdok Software

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2017 at 6:33am
Nick-

I agree that the tuning capabilities of EZCA v2 are tremendous. Because of that, many users will get lost in the weeds. If you need someone to proof the documentation I am happy to read it and give you my thoughts.

Best- C
Nickbe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2017 at 7:47am
I completely agree, we need to do the documentation. Will gladly accept help to get a good and understandable English. The hard part is to prepare the documentation:)
Thank You.
Nick B.
Ezdok Software
W Andrade View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2017 at 8:13pm
Hi Marniftarr, I installed like this in your manual most unfortunately did not work
I use: Win 64, Portugues, P3D V4, OS have the anti virus of windows defend and this disabled, sending ready to better understand.
Http://prntscr.com/g090pw

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2017 at 3:44am
We are talking with you by mail, but you can ask   in this thread.
 As I understand from previous letters, W Andrade installed a few simulators and auto start EZCA work fine for them, but FSX-SE does not want to run ezlauncher.exe

Here is the contents of exe.xml for FSX-SE:

<? Xml version = "1.0" encoding = "windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type = "Launch" version = "1,0">
<Descr> Launch </ Descr>
<Filename> dll.xml </ Filename>
<Disabled> False </ Disabled>
<Launch.ManualLoad> False </Launch.ManualLoad>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name> Couatl </ Name>
<ManualLoad> False </ ManualLoad>
<Path> fsdreamteam \ couatl \ couatl.exe </ Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name> as_btstrp_config_manager </ Name>
<Path> as_srv \ as_btstrp_config_manager.exe </ Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name> EZdok camera addon </ Name>
<Path> C: \ Program Files (x86) \ EZCA2 \ ezlauncher_ex.exe </ Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name> AutogenConfigurationMerger </ Name>
<ManualLoad> False </ ManualLoad>
<Path> C: \ Program Files (x86) \ SceneryDesign.org \ AutogenConfigurationMerger \ AutogenConfigurationMerger.exe </ Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon> <Name> EZdok camera addon2 </ Name> <Disabled> False </ Disabled> <Path> C: \ Program Files (x86) \ EZCA2 \ ezlauncher.exe </ Path> </ Launch.Addon> </SimBase.Document>

The very last line is the second (double) start  of the EZCA.

I deleted this line, but without result.
I have heard many times that there is a file in FSX-SE or FSX Box that contains a list of add-ons that have not been tested. If ezlauncher.exe is on this list, it will not start.
This technology sometimes fails and does not warn the user.
Does anyone know about the list of "approved" add-ons and where is it placed for the FSX-SE?
EZdok software

www.ezdok-camera.com
W Andrade View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2017 at 4:51pm
LOLMr. excuse my simulator is not FSX_SE, my simulator is P3D V4 my Windows is the WIM 7 Language in Portuguese and I do not have anti virus and my Windows Defender is off

Big smileBig smileDear Mr. I was able to run my Ezdok P3D V4 simply downgraded the 2.5 reinstalled and started working. Thank you very much for your attention, I hope for the full version.
LOL
dutratp View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2017 at 10:02am
Hello Guys.

I just install and it's working great but when i change between cameras i see a "splash" on the screen. I try to fix with this topic: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/457504-ezdock-w-windows-81/ but didnt solv.

Does anyone can help?

thanks!
Nickbe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2017 at 10:13am
Originally posted by dutratp dutratp wrote:

Hello Guys.
I just install and it's working great but when i change between cameras i see a "splash" on the screen. I try to fix with this topic: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/457504-ezdock-w-windows-81/ but didnt solv.

Be sure to upgrade to the latest build of the program. This solves your problem.

Download 2.5 beta 64 build 11....

Marniftarr say:

Blinks still exists  when switching between camera types. For example, one blink will occur if you go from Virtual Cockpit to Aircraft camera. This is  feature of the engine of simulator and requires the elimination by the forces of developers P3D) 

Blinks will not appear when switching cameras   in one category.

After installing, go to General Settings and check the "Eliminate blinks in P3DV4" like here:

Replace all files in the folder Program Files (x86)/EZCA2 with files from the archive.
Don't forget to run the Configurator (Config.exe) to configure EZCA2 under Prepar3D v.4
Nick B.
Ezdok Software
smoothchat View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2017 at 8:50pm
I'm wondering, how far away is version 2.6 ?   I'm looking forward to importing all my EZDOK1 camera sets. Smile
jayren View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2017 at 9:12pm
Just wondering, has the issue with active sky been solved? Can I use ezca 2.5 with ASv4 now?
Nickbe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2017 at 1:06am
Originally posted by jayren jayren wrote:

Just wondering, has the issue with active sky been solved? Can I use ezca 2.5 with ASv4 now?

Yes, ASP4 are working. Try EZCA version 2.5 build 11
Nick B.
Ezdok Software
Nickbe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2017 at 1:11am
Originally posted by smoothchat smoothchat wrote:

I'm wondering, how far away is version 2.6 ?   I'm looking forward to importing all my EZDOK1 camera sets. Smile

I think import cameras EZCA1 will appear earlier than version 2.6. :)
Import cameras was on the task list for version 2.5.
Nick B.
Ezdok Software

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2017 at 6:48am
Hi guys. The version 2.6 (with import cameras from 1.xx)  is under construction now.

EZdok software

www.ezdok-camera.com
Dompep View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2017 at 10:32am
Hello,

I just dowloaded V2.5 beta. Works perfectly on FSX SE but, on P3DV4, each time I load P3D, Ezca asks me authorization to launch and I have to redefeine all my settings (views and joystick shortcut).

Regards
Nickbe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2017 at 11:29am
Originally posted by Dompep Dompep wrote:

Hello,

I just dowloaded V2.5 beta. Works perfectly on FSX SE but, on P3DV4, each time I load P3D, Ezca asks me authorization to launch and I have to redefeine all my settings (views and joystick shortcut).

Regards

Maybe you have installed antivirus with enabled sandbox options?
Nick B.
Ezdok Software
DJJOSE View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2017 at 12:40pm
Thank you for creating an amazing camera add-on for P3D v4.

I need help adding effects to my favorite airplanes. I'm using the latest beta 11. There are also typos & UI graphic errors that I'd like to point out.

Is this a good place to ask?
Dompep View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2017 at 1:12pm
No, my antivirus was disable for this test....
Thundercat710 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2017 at 4:52pm
I love EZDok!

A few questions regarding the beta build:

Is there a way to enable the "person" dynamic head camera in the airplane view mode?  

Is there a way to tune the "engine vibration" effect on the ground?  It's too much, and I just turn it off.

Is there a faster way to position cameras when using Num 2?  I hold Num 4 to "boost" the camera speed but it still takes a long time to get where I want to go.  Any tips?

Thanks!
Mike D.
Win 10 64bit
P3D v4
i7-6700k @ 4.4Ghz
16GB GSkill Ripjaws V @ 2200
2x MSI GAMING 980s in SLI
2560x1600 Dell
x55 Rhino
Saitek Combat Pedals
Thundercat710 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2017 at 4:56pm
Sorry, one last question:

I spent time getting the cameras for my 737-700 winglet jet set perfectly.  If I load a different livery of the same plane, I have to start all over.  How do I copy-paste the 737-700 camera config to all the different liveries?

Thanks again!

Mike D.

Win 10 64bit
P3D v4
i7-6700k @ 4.4Ghz
16GB GSkill Ripjaws V @ 2200
2x MSI GAMING 980s in SLI
2560x1600 Dell
x55 Rhino
Saitek Combat Pedals
Nickbe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2017 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by Thundercat710 Thundercat710 wrote:

Is there a way to tune the "engine vibration" effect on the ground?  It's too much, and I just turn it off.

View a video about the version EZCA2.5. Since the 9 minutes it tells about the effects settings.

Originally posted by Thundercat710 Thundercat710 wrote:

I spent time getting the cameras for my 737-700 winglet jet set perfectly.  If I load a different livery of the same plane, I have to start all over.  How do I copy-paste the 737-700 camera config to all the different liveries?

Use the Preset Manager to transfer CameraSet on the new livery. Double click on the name of the customized CameraSet apply it to the current model of the aircraft.

Nick B.
Ezdok Software
b200fo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2017 at 9:10pm
As I wait for the preset "heavy" vibration option please give me a good example settings for a 747 or 777 thank you. beta 11 perfect here!
pegruder View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2017 at 2:29pm
I've been having an issue with my hat switch on my Saitek yoke.  I can pan left and right but I seem locked and can't pan up and down in spot mode.  Internal views work ok.
natcret View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2017 at 5:49pm
If possible, can someone please post what the default v2.5 settings are under the General settings section for both virtual cockpit and aircraft?  I started messing around (I lknow, I should have written down the initial settings) and now everything is out of whack.  I can fix it, just need to know what the defaults are.

All I need is the settings for the first ten items in the ezdok general.ini file which is typically located in c:/...../.....Appdata/roaming/db2

Hereis what I have at the moment:

[GENERAL_SETTINGS]
VC_MOUSE_SPEED=0.01
VC_MOUSE_SMOOTH=100
VC_KEY_SPEED=0.001
VC_KEY_ACC1=1
VC_KEY_SMOOTH=100
AIRCRAFT_MOUSE_SPEED=0.01
AIRCRAFT_MOUSE_SMOOTH=100
AIRCRAFT_KEY_SPEED=0.0934134725859033
AIRCRAFT_KEY_ACC1=3
AIRCRAFT_KEY_SMOOTH=239.192319628177