SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Flight Environment Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Exceeded Cache Limit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Comet4b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Exceeded Cache Limit
    Posted: June-29-2015 at 5:05pm
Hello,

I've rcently purchased and installed Flight Environment X. Once I select my weather variations, I hit "Installl Selected Themes" which pulls up the Theme Installer box. On hitting "Install" in it I get the following warning about exceeding cache limit. I click OK on it and the weather textures load beautifully and look suberp in FSX. But is there an underlying problem that is causing this warning box to appear?

Thanks,
Ken

Jeff Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2015 at 6:30pm
Hello,

Hmmmm.... Not sure about this one. First I have heard of the error. Could just be the combo you selected or is it happening with all of them?
Keep the Blue Side UP! - Flight1 Sales / Customer Support
Comet4b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Comet4b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2015 at 8:19am
Hi Jeff, I get that Exceeded Cache Limit warning box appear on all combinations of weather I select and it has continued to appear even after I uninstalled and reinstalled.
That said, and I reiterate, the textures load OK and they look superb in FSX.
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2015 at 8:47am
OPTIONS - INSTALL OPTIONS - Set cache limit warning  (GB)  - Sets the amount of cache (disk space) FEX will use 
Comet4b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Comet4b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2015 at 9:04am
I will give that a go later Nick. Many thanks.

Do you have a feel for what would be a typical GB size to set the disk space at for FEX? 
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2015 at 10:33am
That's is up to you and how much you need for all your themes you have used and want to keep stored.

The storage feature was made so you didn't have to sit there and wait for the software to re-generate the same theme tiles. Once you generate a set it saves them in the cache so if you reinstall them later its a flash install of the tiles instead of a long generated install from scratch.

So you need to decide what that limit needs to be. If you currently use all the themes you have installed and need more then raise the cache if your disk space will allow it. If you don't or if your cache is simply loaded with themes you have tried and don't use, use the flush cache option but any theme you may reuse will require time to regenerate and once that is done its cached again for instant use, that's all.

Jeff Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2015 at 5:44pm
Thanks Nick....
Keep the Blue Side UP! - Flight1 Sales / Customer Support
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2015 at 10:47pm
Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic