SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Cessna 182 Turbo Skylane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Engine quits when entering Icing Conditions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UweKaffka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Engine quits when entering Icing Conditions
    Posted: February-05-2021 at 3:58pm
I use the F1 CT182 with the old FSX. I experienced now 3 times an Engine failure or better the engines RPM decreases down to idle RPM. This happened on cruise climb in cold air. Some time in IMC and the other time in clear sky or VMC. I didn’t found a reason for that. I checked the mixture, the fuel switch, switched the fuel pump on. Power got back when descended below 3000ft. Can somebody help me? 

Greetings 
USN O6 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USN O6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2021 at 8:14am
Hi,

That's most likely due to icing.
Best,
Jim

UweKaffka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UweKaffka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2021 at 5:33pm
Hey Jim,

but why? The Engine is equiped with a injection and no carburator, where happens the icing? On the air inlet? Does the CT182 has an alternate air source? 

regards Uwe
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic