SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Cessna 162 SkyCatcher
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

End of the Skycatcher

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: End of the Skycatcher
    Posted: February-14-2014 at 8:49am
John Patterson
Jeff Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2014 at 12:43pm
Yeah, not a good thing. LSA market prices are still to high for the average LSA pilot. Prices need to come down in order for the market to survive or FAA needs to restructure the LSA license to just a Sport License and up the weight limitations of the aircraft to include some more common GA aircraft (172, Archer, etc.).

We can still manufacture the 162 here though and for much cheaper.
Keep the Blue Side UP! - Flight1 Sales / Customer Support
cal2177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2014 at 6:49pm
I have mine and fly 'er all the time. Even in FSE
John Patterson
skyking32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyking32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2014 at 11:42pm
Reading the news reports, you get the impression that the Skycatcher was as much a victim of Cessna's internal politics as anything else.  New CEO, concentrated on jets as the big profit items, pretty much ignoring the single engine pistons in all the news releases and reporting from the company.  Yes, the spin problems, making it in China, too heavy and too little useful load and the extreme cost increase overnight made a 1000 orders disappear.    Didn't have to happen, but it did.
danno25nh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danno25nh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2014 at 10:01pm
I fly the 162.  Its a fun aircraft but I wouldn't purchase it for anywhere near the current prices for even used units.

There are simply better LSA out there for less.  With the Pilot Protection Act looking like it may pass, the LSA market may get interesting.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic