SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion Forums > Flight1 General Discussion and Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Eaglesoft Cirrus SR-22 G2 on Vista

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djoseph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eaglesoft Cirrus SR-22 G2 on Vista
    Posted: September-14-2008 at 5:33pm

I've followed all the guidelines in the detailed and well-written Flight1 software information article related to running Eaglesoft software on FS9 with Vista.  I've disabled firewalls and virus scanning and "taken control" of my computer again.  I've rebooted numerous times along the way and reinstalled the SR-22 G2 package into FS9. 

In spite of following the guidance as closely as I could, when I create a flight using the newly-installed SR-22, the cockpit comes up with blank PFD/MFD displays and a screen message on each display that says:  "INITIALIZATION ERROR  Error Code: 1001".

Anyone have any idea what is happening and what I need to try next?

Thanks!  Tongue -DJ

meshman View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meshman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2008 at 6:24pm

As Flight1 only provides the e-commerce for the product it would be better to post your question at the Eaglesoft support forum, located here;

http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/forum/

djoseph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djoseph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2008 at 6:27pm

OK..and thanks.  Just so I have a complete understanding of your point, what exactly do you mean by providing only "e-commerce" support? I'm not sure I'm getting the exact message.  I will go to the other forum as you suggested  however.

Thanks,  - DJSmile

ldmax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ldmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2008 at 6:46pm
Eaglesoft did all the development, design, and programming.  It is their product.  Flight 1 sells it.  If you have problems purchasing, downloading, or re-downloading the product, you contact Flight 1.  If you have a problem with the product itself not working properly within flight simulator, you contact the developer (in this case Eaglesoft).
Jim Rhoads View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Rhoads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2008 at 7:06pm

Anthony, that is not quite correct.

Eaglesoft sells and does support entirely on the product.
Downloading is also Eaglesofts servers, not ours.

Eaglesoft simply uses F1's E-Commerce transaction front end which is called the "wrapper"  It "wraps" up Eaglesofts executable.  When you go to purchase the product, the first thing you see is the wrapper and it handles the e-commerce transaction. After that has cleared, you are dealing with Eaglesofts executable and program.

Simply put, Eaglesoft use Flight1's wrapper as its clearing house to make their products easy to purchase almost anywhere as long as there is an internet connection.

Make sense?

Jim

djoseph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djoseph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2008 at 7:11pm
Great...now I have a better understanding of F1 and Eaglesoft but I still can't find anyone out there (including Eaglesoft) who is able to discuss how to get my SR-22 to work in Vista.  I've done everything listed in the FlightOne disertation on Vista but still no joy!  Guess I'll just have to be patient and see what turns up.  Think I will uninstall FS9 and the Eaglesoft piece and reinstall it all with the new Vista settings and maybe that will work.  Hmmm...Embarrassed
ldmax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ldmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2008 at 7:49pm
Thanks Jim.  I was just trying to help out and explain in the simplest way possible.  I obviously didn't fully understand the process and I apologize for my inaccurate statements.  I am somewhat familiar with the Flight 1 wrapper system.  It is the only way I will purchase downloaded flight sim software.  Next time I'll let the certified professionals handle the technical stuff that I'm not 100% sure on.   
djoseph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djoseph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2008 at 10:07pm
Does anyone out there know how to get help with the specific "Error Code: 1001" I'm getting on my PDF/MDF with the Eaglesoft SR-22 G2 using FS9 with Vista?  Confused
Brian W Keske View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian W Keske Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2008 at 10:14pm
N400QW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N400QW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2008 at 12:26am

Jims description is as accurate as it gets.Wink

Brians links are the links we would have pointed you too as well.

Best Regards,
Ron Hamilton
PP ASEL
AOPA Member 2004

gtidan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtidan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2008 at 7:22pm

Your problem sounds a lot like my problem with Eaglesoft products. While I can't help you I can, perhaps, give you knowledge that your not alone. I'm running Vista 64bit on a pretty decent system.

I downloaded Eaglesofts Cessna Citation CJ1 and the problems started from the git go. FSX would not start, when it did the whole flight corrupted about an hour into it.........and so on. I finally gave up and got a refund. About two months or so later I decided to give it another try thinking perhaps I got a bad download the first time..........Nope. Same problems different day.....so I got another refund.

I thought the online support SUCKED. I posted my problems on their website (you can check it out, look for Gtidan and there all there).

Always some excuse as to why I'm having problems. Well, I have Flight1s Cessna Conquest 441, Freeware versions of the Cirrus SR22 Turbo, and MU2 and all the them work PERFECTLY. Who needs Eaglesoft and the problems. They say they are reintroducing the Cessna Citation CJ1+ but have been saying this for months now. I think the company is about out of business. I wouldn't hold my breath. Having said that I sincerely hope I'm wrong as the Citation is really a blast to fly when it works.

Since it's the season to be positive I'll end this by saying: Good Luck, Eaglesoft and happy holidays to you all and all those posting here.

Intel Core 2, Quad 9550, Vista 64, 4 gigs ram, Nivida GeForce 8800gt, 512; 750 HD.

N400QW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N400QW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2008 at 7:42pm

Well, as can be seen in our forum we tried to help. There is even a Vista 32/64 thread to help Vista users.

While we have no idea why you out of many satisfied users are unable to run our product in Vista we can say that we do have Vista 64 users running our products without any problem whatsover.

Meantime we would appreciate it if you drop the bashing. You've received a refund so you are certainly not out any money Wink

Finally, Eaglesoft is FAR from being out of business and if you check our forums your'll find that we are nearing release of a few new projects with others not far behind Wink

Merry Christmas to all and Happy New Year as well Smile

Best Regards,
Ron Hamilton
PP ASEL
AOPA Member 2004

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian W Keske Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2008 at 9:44pm
Eaglesoft going out of business? LOL

N400QW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N400QW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2008 at 9:59pm
Ha Ha, I think it was Mark Twain who said the report of my demise is premature and unfounded LOLLOL
Best Regards,
Ron Hamilton
PP ASEL
AOPA Member 2004

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian W Keske Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2008 at 10:04pm
....darn good thing I've stocked up on all those incredible aircraft Ron Wink
N400QW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N400QW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2008 at 10:10pm
More to come as you know Brian Wink Merry Christmas
Best Regards,
Ron Hamilton
PP ASEL
AOPA Member 2004

gtidan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtidan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2008 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by N400QW N400QW wrote:

Well, as can be seen in our forum we tried to help. There is even a Vista 32/64 thread to help Vista users.

While we have no idea why you out of many satisfied users are unable to run our product in Vista we can say that we do have Vista 64 users running our products without any problem whatsoever.

Here is my email: Gtidan2@sbcglobal.net. If you know anyone who is flying the Citation CJ1 using FSX and Vista 64 I would love to hear from them and learn how they have it installed. I'm willing to listen and learn.

Meantime we would appreciate it if you drop the bashing. You've received a refund so you are certainly not out any money Wink

It's true I did receive a refund promptly and I appreciate it and, as I said already: Nothing would make me happier than to see your revised Citation CJ1+ out there. And yes, I will try it again with my fingers crossed.  Frustration sometimes overcomes my judgement.....sorry about that and my opinion of your company.

Still your product is the ONLY one that I have problems with.....sorry.

Finally, Eaglesoft is FAR from being out of business and if you check our forums your'll find that we are nearing release of a few new projects with others not far behind Wink

Merry Christmas to all and Happy New Year as well Smile

N400QW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N400QW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2008 at 11:50pm

The CJ1+ is one of the projects that is nearing beta testing phaze and once released you'll be able to try her out.

Good luck on your efforts to identify your local issues and Merry Christmas Smile

Best Regards,
Ron Hamilton
PP ASEL
AOPA Member 2004

Phase View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2008 at 4:03pm

gtidan

I run most of the ES planes (CJ1, CX, Cirrus, Columbia, Liberty) on a Vista 64 FSX SP2 system - no issues in running.  I do see lower frame rates (but no loss of smoothness) due to the complexity of the planes. I expect this and modify my settings accordingly.  90% of the time I don't bother to load a default plane in 2D mode prior to loading the ES plane and I haven't seen any issues with this (not recommended) method.

In my experience I have always found that Ron and the team at ES are always willing to help you solve any issues that you encounter. I believe that their support and their use of the Flight1 wrapper system is amongst the best in the flight sim industry. They do take criticism provided that it is objective and it is aimed at improving their products.
Sure, they insist on good manners at all times but I don't see anything wrong with that. 

Unfortunately all software will not run on all computers.
Regards

PeterH

Nil illegitimum carborundum est

FSX SP2; i7 2600K, OC 5THz liq N2 cooling 16GB 1600 DDR3 RAM, GTX670, WINDOWS 7 64; 256GB OCZ Vertex SSD; Samsung 2233RZ 120Hz Monitor
N400QW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N400QW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2008 at 4:10pm

Thanks for posting Phase. Glad to see anothe satisfied Vista 64 user.

This way folks know we're telling the truth. Smile Merry Christmas!

Best Regards,
Ron Hamilton
PP ASEL
AOPA Member 2004

Phase View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2008 at 6:13pm

Ron

Merry ChristmasTongue

PeterH

Nil illegitimum carborundum est

FSX SP2; i7 2600K, OC 5THz liq N2 cooling 16GB 1600 DDR3 RAM, GTX670, WINDOWS 7 64; 256GB OCZ Vertex SSD; Samsung 2233RZ 120Hz Monitor
gtidan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtidan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2008 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by N400QW N400QW wrote:

Thanks for posting Phase. Glad to see anothe satisfied Vista 64 user.

This way folks know we're telling the truth. Smile Merry Christmas!

Nice to hear the CJ1+ is getting close to release. Despite what I've said herein I really do like the plane and it's a blast to fly. Right now I'm flying the MU2 with no problems whatsoever.

and with that said; I too wish you all a very enjoyable holiday season and happy new year.Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic