SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > FS Panel/Sound Studio Forums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Default VC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcmissionary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Default VC
    Posted: March-29-2003 at 5:25pm

Just bought FSPS, and I must say that I'm greatly impressed. I already feel like a panel pro, now. :-)

I do have a question though. How can I edit the default Microsoft VC's? I'm trying to put Reality-Xp's Garmin 530 into the default 182, but it seems that the way the VC is set up, it won't be possible. Any hints? Thanks!

J.C. Howell

89kraus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89kraus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2003 at 4:29pm

I don't know exactly how FS deals with the VC, but if you want to modify the default aircraft VC, The best I can suggest is to make a backup copy first, then go to the VC panel, and place the Garmin and the other devices, (like the Transponder, audio panel, ect.) in place of where the default benndix/King avionics are.  Hopefully that will work, but I can't be sure, as I have not done this myself.

Joe Kraus
jcmissionary View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcmissionary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2003 at 5:59pm

Well, the Nav radios are set side by side on the VC window, yet they're displayed one on top of the other in the VC. Weird, huh?

89kraus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89kraus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2003 at 10:00pm

You know, I never realized that.  But, I tried something, and realized that you really can't use the Reality XP Garmin 530 in the default Cessna 182S Virtual Cockpit, because Microsoft modeled 3D knobs and bezels into the aircraft.  So even if you were able to get the gauge to line up, you will still see these knobs on top. 

All you can really do is modify the 2D windows, and use the Shift+ commands to bring it up while in the VC.  If Microsoft had not done this, you would have no problem, but as it is, there is no way to remove the knobs on your own. 

The only hope you may have is when Microsoft releases FS2004 - A Century of Flight, later this summer.  They are incorperating a Garmin GNS-500 GPS display as the default GPS.  You may be able to insert it then, but for now your out of luck.  Sorry.

Joe Kraus
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic