SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > FS Panel/Sound Studio Forums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

default FSX G1000 help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gigio1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: default FSX G1000 help
    Posted: April-29-2010 at 4:42am
Hi, I have a problem with FSX default G1000.
I need to use FSX default G1000 in Eaglesoft Cirrus SR22 Turbo because i build the cabin of these airplane and for easy build I prefer the G1000 avionic.
I want the default gauge, with FS Panel Studio have realize the avionic without problem but when I running the Cirrus in the PFD the string of airspeed and altimeter don't work.
I test the PFD of default G1000 work only in default Cessna 172 and Mooney Bravo equiped with G1000. If I put the G1000 in another airplane don't work.
Can help me?

Thank.

Luigi Giulio Rigato
stinger2k2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stinger2k2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2010 at 7:45am
Hi,
I am sorry but I cannot help you but I am replying to say that I have
the same problem. Everything seems to work on the g1000 except
the speed and altitude tapes?

regards
Keith
Hodge001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hodge001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2010 at 9:52am

Hi

From memory (not my best subject) the G1000 unit in FSX is only licensed to work with the default Microsoft aircraft mentioned, it will not operate correctly or at all with any other aircraft, which not much help with your problem, sorry about that.

Jim Hodkinson
stinger2k2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stinger2k2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2010 at 12:55pm
Thanks Jim,
That would explain it. I didn't consider that, so much for open source eh?

Oh well, I'll just have to use the one from the Lear which seems to operate
ok.

regards
Keith
IronHand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IronHand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2011 at 3:30am
Actually. You can use the FSX Garmin G1000 in any aircraft. I don't know of anybody other than myself who uses the g1000 pfd. I actually dont care for the mfd, but the pfd has built in gps and will do many functions once you get use to it. In aircraft other than the default the way it has to be done is to very carefully edit not only the panel.cfg but also the aircraft.cfg. I am guessing that is why nobody i know if has been able to make it work. It's very simple, Think of it like a real aircraft. Now you cannot run a vacum gauge off an electrical circui and visa versa. So you have to edit the aircraft cfg and apply the correct settings as far as attitude control. electrical, altitude, radios. It all has to be done correctly or no, it wont work. copy and paste will not work on the g1000, you have to edit the aircraft cfg to make it all work. Here is the G1000 in a A380-800 jet. this is a later shot with the "Mass Glass" panel installed. you can see. it all works fine. I think once more people understand how to make it work as i did, there will be a rash of aircraft using it because its just so darn cool.

wfd1063 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfd1063 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2011 at 3:38pm
IronHand is correct (If I understand his post correctly) but since I cannot view his pics, I'll explain how I have made this work.

Like he said, you have to modify the aircraft.cfg.  Usually, the aircraft.cfg will only have one "airspeed indicator" and one "attitude indicator" listed.  The glass avionics panels have two since they have a primary and backup.  Below I have placed a couple of examples:

Entries for Analog Panel for FS9 Cessna 182

[attitude_indicators]
//Type: 0=None, 1=Vacuum Gyro, 2=Electric Gyro
attitude_indicator.0 = 1

[airspeed_indicators]
airspeed_indicator.0 = 1.3, -24.0

You can see that there are only one attitude_indicator and one airspeed_indicator listed.

Entries for G1000 Panel for FSX Cessna 172
[airspeed_indicators]
airspeed_indicator.0=1
airspeed_indicator.1=1

[attitude_indicators]
;/Type: 0=None, 1=Vacuum Gyro, 2=Electric Gyro
attitude_indicator.0=1
attitude_indicator.1=2

In the G1000 aircraft, you can see multiple indicators listed for airspeed and attitude.  The difference attitude indicator type (1 vs 2) is because the standby indicator would still work if there was an engine failure. 

This same issue can occur if you are using different altimeters.  My best piece of advise is, look in the default Cessna 172 aircraft.cfg and compare the airspeed, attitude, and altimeter listings.  Try copying these into the new aircraft you are building a panel for.  Don't forget to back up your aircraft.cfg before modifying it. 

This is how I installed a G1000 into the Flight 1 Cessna 172.  Hope this helps!

wfd1063
IronHand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IronHand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2011 at 5:30pm
also i uploaded a mike stone cessna 404 and 337 to simviation a few weeks back, they been going like hotcakes. both have the pfd and mfd fully working, the 404 is my favorite. you can look at those aircraft cfg files and see exactly how a twin needs to be set up to make all the engine and audio gauges work as well:) have fun. Oh, i also got permission to do a Vtail Bonanza i have just not gotten around to it yet. so keep your eyes open:)

I did notice you mentioned the Default Cessna 172. I would suggest that you use the Mooney as an example as the default 172 never workds all the way. Allow me to share a letter after a few updates i have done already.

G1000 Friday, June 24, 2011 8:37 AM
From: "Pete Daly" <p@simviation.com> to af5j@yahoo.com Hi John,

Thanks for the G1000 updates!

Over the months I have had 2 specific enquiries about the G1000 (which means there must be quite an interest in that because very few would ever actually enquire to me about it). One guy bought a payware version but was really disappointed that not all functions worked even in that.

Are you intending to update the version for the default C172 in FSX?

It would be a really great addition to have it fixed up as much as possible so functions worked as they should!! I am not sure how much can be done to it ..........

Meanwhile a BIG thank you for what you have already done. Great!

Pete Daly
Simviation

I am working on the default 172 .cfg and gauge files to make it all work as it should.
n4gix1303 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n4gix1303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2011 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by gigio1 gigio1 wrote:

Hi, I have a problem with FSX default G1000.
I need to use FSX default G1000 in Eaglesoft Cirrus SR22 Turbo because i build the cabin of these airplane and for easy build I prefer the G1000 avionic.

I truly do not understand the question. The G1000 used in the Eaglesoft Cirrus SR22 Turbo is the "default G1000" with some very specific modifications and additions to make it look like, and operate the one used in the Cirrus!

I should know after all, since it was I who spent four months making the changes! LOL
Bill Leaming
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations
Flightsim Rig:Intel® Core™ i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - GeForce GTX550Ti 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium
IronHand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IronHand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2011 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by wfd1063 wfd1063 wrote:

IronHand is correct (If I understand his post correctly) but since I cannot view his pics, I'll explain how I have made this work.

Like he said, you have to modify the aircraft.cfg.  Usually, the aircraft.cfg will only have one "airspeed indicator" and one "attitude indicator" listed.  The glass avionics panels have two since they have a primary and backup.  Below I have placed a couple of examples:

Entries for Analog Panel for FS9 Cessna 182

[attitude_indicators]
//Type: 0=None, 1=Vacuum Gyro, 2=Electric Gyro
attitude_indicator.0 = 1

[airspeed_indicators]
airspeed_indicator.0 = 1.3, -24.0

You can see that there are only one attitude_indicator and one airspeed_indicator listed.

Entries for G1000 Panel for FSX Cessna 172
[airspeed_indicators]
airspeed_indicator.0=1
airspeed_indicator.1=1

[attitude_indicators]
;/Type: 0=None, 1=Vacuum Gyro, 2=Electric Gyro
attitude_indicator.0=1
attitude_indicator.1=2

In the G1000 aircraft, you can see multiple indicators listed for airspeed and attitude.  The difference attitude indicator type (1 vs 2) is because the standby indicator would still work if there was an engine failure. 

This same issue can occur if you are using different altimeters.  My best piece of advise is, look in the default Cessna 172 aircraft.cfg and compare the airspeed, attitude, and altimeter listings.  Try copying these into the new aircraft you are building a panel for.  Don't forget to back up your aircraft.cfg before modifying it. 

This is how I installed a G1000 into the Flight 1 Cessna 172.  Hope this helps!

wfd1063

Thats it. 100%. I recently uploaded a beech duke with combination analog and g1000 panel. and same here the trick is dual like 1063 said. dual settings for the attitude altitude etc. One side note i have gotten away from using the .cfg sections of the 172 and go after the ones in the mooney since thye work much better. i dont see the difference till i load it and it all works.I am not up with some of the current aircraft manufacturers are doing to panels to change them for use in certain aircraft. There are a lot of wizzards out there and they all do great work and know tons more than i ever will. when you get old your best days are behind you. This is not like typing out three nights worth of basic on a vic 20 and saving it to a magnetic tape hard drive.
It is all fast passing me by. I just desired to squash several blogs about the net that the G1000 was limited to the aircraft in FSX they were originally intended for. I think in doing that the ones who are fantastic at making planes and panels are moving on with what small contribution it was. I wish all the best to the sim community and it keep growing. My flights sime days are over. I just refuse to retire from it till i get a chance to fly a FSX CRJ-1000 and none are being made yet. but i already have my bucks put back for the first builder to put one out there, i actually think that money is burning a hole in my pocket..:)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic