SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Cessna 162 SkyCatcher
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

database update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote great spirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: database update
    Posted: February-23-2014 at 10:50am
I recently purchased this aircraft, v 1.1
When it tries to load,  i get the screen showing that it wants to update the database, for which the progress bar takes a long time and then i get a message that it was unable to update.

I went back and read an earlier post, which suggested turning off antivirus and changing security levels of folders, all to no avail

tried re-installing as well, get the same message.

any ideas on how to correct this?
the plane loads and flies ok

Richard
quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2014 at 10:12pm
Try starting FSX by right-clicking on it and selecting "Run as administrator".

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
great spirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote great spirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2014 at 11:46pm
Running as administrator didn't make much difference.
When the plane loads, the update screen comes on and almost immediately closes.
It didn't have time to update anything.
The same screen comes up after a flight is completed, once you are returned the initial screen to load a new flight
Doesn't anything need to be updated?
What exactly is being updated?
If nothing needed to be updated, then why does that screen come up at the beginning and ending of a flight?

Richard
ubersu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ubersu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2014 at 6:39am
I have never seen such a screen with the 162 - it uses standard FSX data for navigation and does not require an AIRAC or AIRAC update. Is it possible that you are seeing the Auxiliary Control Panel? Can you capture a screen shot of what you are seeing?

DJ
Jeff Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2014 at 7:27pm
Hello Great Spirit,

Also, what operating system are you using?

Keep the Blue Side UP! - Flight1 Sales / Customer Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote great spirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2014 at 10:13pm
I am using windows 7 64 bit operating system, home version

it would be impossible to get a screen shot.  what i see is a long,thin bar that says on top of it "updating database"
it is not the auxiliary control panel
when i first installed the plane, this bar was present and it took a long time for it to show progress
once near the end another screen would come up and it said the it was not able to update the database
it does not interfere with loading and flying the plane
after a re-install, i get the behavior as stated above, i.e. the bar is present for a split-second, then disappears
this occurs on loading the plane and then once a flight is over when you are returned to the start screen to load a flight
quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2014 at 12:21am
Have you tried running the Skycatcher "Flight1 Database import tool" (under Start Menu->Flight One Software->Cessna 162 Sky Catcher) by right-clicking on it and selecting "Run as administrator" and then starting FSX?

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote great spirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2014 at 1:05am
Just tried it
what I get is the same thin updating database screen that also appears when i load flight simulator
it immediately popped up and then shut off
i ran fsx and got the same screen behavior again that i have previously described
i tried running as administrator and also normally, same response
anti-virus software off as well

willing to try other suggestions

Richard
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2014 at 1:38pm
ubersu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ubersu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2014 at 2:48pm
Is UAC turned off? I just installed the V1.1 update on my machine and had no issues updating the database on Win7 x64.

DJ

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote great spirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2014 at 12:38am
I always have uac turned off
I tried the safe startup flight and I got the same quick appearance and disappearance of the status bar regarding updating the database

any other suggestions?

Richard
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2014 at 2:48am
Hello Richard,

Try booting in safe mode with network support and install the aircraft from there.
victorious View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victorious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2014 at 3:37pm
Here is the detailed solution for Windows 8.1
1. Flight1 Database Update tries to update file in C:\ProgramData\Flight One Software\C162\database.f1d and due to either Flight1 error or Windows 8.1 changed default permission, update fails.
2. You can either delete C:\ProgramData\Flight One Software\C162\database.f1d (make backup first) or change permission to allow Everyone Full Access.
3. Flight1 Database Update executable file is located in (YOUR-FSX-INSTALL-LOCATION)\Gauges\F1_C162\F1DataImport.exe and you can right-mouse click and Run as Administrator (this might even work without Step 2)
4. Database Update completes successfully as you can see file in C:\ProgramData\Flight One Software\C162\database.f1d changes both date (original was in 2012) and size (original from 2012 is 16KB, latest is 20KB)
VanFlyGlide View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanFlyGlide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2015 at 2:36am
I am having the same problem with the updating of the file database.f1d, it takes a great deal of time and then ultimately fails.

I have tried all the suggestions above:
1) as administrator, I changed permissions so everyone had full access to the file.  It would not take.  After I did Apply then OK (to both the change in permissions and the Properties page) when I revisited it I still show USERS with read and read&execute only.

2) I made a backup and deleted database.f1d, then ran F1dataimport.exe as administrator. Now it claims to have given read/write/execute to everyone.

However, when I start the simulator, I still find it going through some very lengthy process when i select the 162.  It is as though it is updating the whole 19MB of the database every time I start and want to fly the 162.  That seems excessive; I have to wait several minutes every time I try to fly with the 162.

Anybody have any ideas?

Van
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2015 at 4:56am
Hello Van,

Did you get this issue resolved?
jvarada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jvarada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2017 at 9:01pm
Did anyone ever figure out the issue of the database updating every time? I'm running FSX on win 10. Have no problems running the aircraft except it updates the database every time i select the aircraft, which takes a couple of minutes. I have tried following all the steps above but it still happens.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic