SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > FSHud - Air Traffic Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Data base Navigraph

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote vjeanmarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Data base Navigraph
    Posted: May-21-2022 at 6:42am
Hello,
I am having a serious problem, I had taken out a one month subscription to Navigraph in order to be up to date with FSHud.
My subscription expired yesterday and today when FSHud was started, the 2005 database was retrieved.
So to get the 2205 base that was installed again, I'm going to have to pay a subscription again!
It's not normal...
Regards,
Jean-Marc

Google Translate.
FSHudATC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSHudATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2022 at 9:18am
Originally posted by vjeanmarc vjeanmarc wrote:

Hello,
I am having a serious problem, I had taken out a one month subscription to Navigraph in order to be up to date with FSHud.
My subscription expired yesterday and today when FSHud was started, the 2005 database was retrieved.
So to get the 2205 base that was installed again, I'm going to have to pay a subscription again!
It's not normal...

Hello,

Mostly those are rules by Navigraph - they are not allowing to use latest AIRAC for users that don't have subscription - we have to keep those rules for them.
You can speak with Navigraph, but there is nothing we can do from our side.

Thank you
Thank You,

FSHud Team
vjeanmarc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote vjeanmarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2022 at 1:52am
Then it's just for you!
My other software (PFPX, Topcat, AS, etc.) keep the last version installed even if the subscription has expired.
Is it a deal with Navigraph to force you to take out an annual subscription?
It's not very honest the forced sale.
Regards,
Jean-Marc

Google Translate.
FSHudATC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSHudATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2022 at 2:04am

Then it's just for you!
My other software (PFPX, Topcat, AS, etc.) keep the last version installed even if the subscription has expired.
Is it a deal with Navigraph to force you to take out an annual subscription?
It's not very honest the forced sale.

We have discussed it with Navigraph - according their words most software don't keep this rule because of software offline limitation - but it should be kept.
I totally agree with you and from the beginning I suggested them architecture that suppose to keep user's previous AIRAC (from subscription period) but they didn't allow to do that.

If you don't mind, we will try to take that with Navigraph again pointing on your message in this forum.

Our apologizes
Thank You,

FSHud Team
vjeanmarc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote vjeanmarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2022 at 2:07am
It's a good idea because currently you're the only ones in this case and I don't think it's good publicity for you.
I also think that other users will fall from the top when realizing this.
As far as I'm concerned, I took an annual subscription but it wasn't my initial idea.
Regards,
Jean-Marc

Google Translate.
rhpa23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhpa23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2022 at 7:52am
Do not accept offline databases is also a negative for me. This force you to have a permanent  subscription because 2005 is too old data.

Regards
Rudolf
IFly NGs lover
gigabenga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gigabenga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2022 at 8:58am
If you don't want a Navigraph subscription, don't. But don't whine about a tool that works great. Users want to have everything but don't want to spend 9 euros for Navigraph Ultimate, I laugh at myself
vjeanmarc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vjeanmarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2022 at 9:18am
Hi,
Small precision, 9€ for 1 month after you go back to DB 2005 version.
If you want to be up to date all the time, you need an annual subscription of 89,88€ and every year, that's the reason for my first message.
So I subscribed to the year (Navdata 31,08€), no choice to be in correspondence with my other software
Regards,
Regards,
Jean-Marc

Google Translate.
cal2177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2022 at 10:37am
Its pretty selfish for someone who risks nothing to demand dishonesty of someone who risks everything.
John Patterson
Steve Halpern View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Halpern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2022 at 11:09am
I think if the database is 2005, meaning year 20, month 05. Not the year 2005.
Steve

vjeanmarc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vjeanmarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2022 at 11:38am
Absolutely, I was not talking about the year but the version ;-)
Regards,
Jean-Marc

Google Translate.
Vrouleau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vrouleau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2022 at 11:58am
But that would mean they dont follow their own rule. They now own simbrief and once you unlock a airac in simbrief, it stays unlocked even when your subscription ends.
vjeanmarc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vjeanmarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2022 at 12:00pm
Pouces vers le haut
Regards,
Jean-Marc

Google Translate.
cal2177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2022 at 12:12pm
We're not talking about SimBrief. And one has nothing to do with the other. What Navigraph does with its own companies is its own business. Outside vendors must live within the rules outlined by Navigraph. Again, FSHud bears the risk if it doesn't comply with those rules. You don't.
John Patterson
vjeanmarc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vjeanmarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2022 at 12:15pm
Find out, Simbrief and Navigraph are the same company.

Navigraph acquires SimBrief.

https://navigraph.com/company/our-story
Regards,
Jean-Marc

Google Translate.
cal2177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2022 at 2:14pm
I said that.
John Patterson
FSHudATC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSHudATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2022 at 2:44pm
I believe more comments on this topic would be written on every AIRAC update. Smile

Mostly FSHud provides their data and how it behaves in FSHud completely depends on Navigraph.
People are more than welcome ask Navigraph to change those rules.
Thank You,

FSHud Team
Thx1137 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thx1137 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2022 at 3:03am
Originally posted by Vrouleau Vrouleau wrote:

But that would mean they dont follow their own rule. They now own simbrief and once you unlock a airac in simbrief, it stays unlocked even when your subscription ends.

Huh? You are surprised that a company is using *its own product* without following rules for designed for their customers?

Personally I'd find that really strange. For example, I know there is little risk of me suing myself if I use my own software! 

If the Navigraph API supplied the same functionality as the files then I'm sure devs like Fenix and some other aircraft wouldn't require access to *both* to get EFB and nav functionality. So clearly there is a difference. 
vjeanmarc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vjeanmarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2022 at 3:08am
What I personally do not find normal is to have paid for a version more recent than 2005 and not to have access to it with FSHud without subscription
Regards,
Jean-Marc

Google Translate.
cal2177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2022 at 10:06am

What I personally do not find normal is to have paid for a version more recent than 2005 and not to have access to it with FSHud without subscription

Then your problem is with Navigraph. Not FSHud who is being ethical about this.
John Patterson
vjeanmarc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vjeanmarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2022 at 10:28am
I didn't say the opposite it seems to me.
I just wonder knowing that there are downloadable versions at Navigraphe for many addon providers that we can keep except for FSHud.
Regards,
Jean-Marc

Google Translate.
cal2177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2022 at 11:47am
Your problem is still with Navigaph.
John Patterson
vjeanmarc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vjeanmarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2022 at 12:01pm
Thanks, I understood...
Happy that you are there MDR
Regards,
Jean-Marc

Google Translate.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic