SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > FS Panel/Sound Studio Forums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CrewSounds for FSX?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhaley101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CrewSounds for FSX?
    Posted: November-17-2012 at 5:15am
I hope someone can take a few minutes to read this post and understand my appeal for help.    Here I'am finally settling into FSX mode, I'm not 100 percent there yet, but this is the longest I've ever kept the sim running on my machine.   I'm a long time FS9 user.    

One of the greatest little programs I use in FS9, was developed by a fellow in Switzerland and its given me the ability to play some of my favourite songs while boarding and taxiing in FS9.     But the .gau files will not work in FSX, despite my manipulation and attempt to force this program to work.   

The program is called acscrpb5.zip and it basically is a tiny window that sits on the main panel.    When you push one of three buttons you will hear either music or the sound of a flight attendant.   The premise behind the program is quite straight forward.    

Can anyone offer some insight into how I might get the program to work?    The author doesn't have FSX installed on his machine and so his development only runs the FS9 course.   It's just the music portion I am looking to use, not the pushback function.    

I used a Hex editor today to read one of the gauges, and almost fell down laughing trying to make sense of it.   

Surely, someone can offer some type  of help.   I know there are lots of programs that come close to doing the same thing, but I'm really hoping to get this one to work.    Does someone know a programmer who could help?   I'm willing to offer a reasonable donation to someone who could help.

Thanks, 

John
familton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote familton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2012 at 6:40pm
The program uses gauges that are FS98 type and thus will not work in FSX. As as I know there is no way to fix it so it will work in FSX. Bob.
familton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote familton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2012 at 6:53pm
Look at FS Music Player at Simviation. There is also a Flightdeck program that gives all the cabin sounds. There are CD Player programs that will play music from your CD while in flight. Bob.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic