SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > FS Panel/Sound Studio Forums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Changes to panel config won't save

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orwell84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Changes to panel config won't save
    Posted: August-10-2011 at 4:54pm

I am trying to make an extra panel for the skysim DC9 (FSX).  When I edit the panel config with notepad, it saves my changes and they are visible in game.  When I use panel studio, my changes are not visible in game, just those I make using notepad.  The strange thing is, when I open the panel with panel studio, it does show the changes I made using Panel studio.

I am certain I am looking at the same file.   I really could use some help with this.  Thanks very much.
Ed Struzynski View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Struzynski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2011 at 7:18pm
Are you running Windows Vista or 7? Do you have FSX installed in a protected folder (C:\Program Files)? Did you set fsps.exe to "run as Administrator"?
orwell84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orwell84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2011 at 12:04pm
Thanks very much.  I am running Vista and running the program under administrator fixed the problem.  I also found out about dumping all the guages into the common guages folder to make them all available.  This solved most of my other problems.

Thanks again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic