SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Bear Studios
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CFS2 Lavochkins Fix

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Halpern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CFS2 Lavochkins Fix
    Posted: April-28-2006 at 9:37am

Here is a fix for the Lavochkins. Unzip it to your main CFS2 folder with all folder options turned on.

http://www.flight1software.com/files/LAV_CFS2_Fix.zip

Post any problems here.

Thanks,

Steve

Kiddpsychotic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiddpsychotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2006 at 9:11pm

I got the Lavochkin fighters to show up in CFS2,  but I really don't understand about the weapons loadout for them,  I mean why not just simply create a BGL file for these weapons,  which would go into the Scenedb/weapons/scenery folder,  and a texture file for them which would go in the Scenedb/weapons/texture folder.  and a DP file, which would be placed in the Object DP folder, for each weapon.  I still can't get the weapons to load,  please help me.

That said I like the aircraft themselves,  they are nice models,  I just have a couple of gripes that I would like to express.  When you hit the f4 button which allows you to look from the point of view,  as if you were standing next to the aircraft and looking at it;  I noticed that the tail wheel does not turn,  when the aircraft moves along the ground.  and the propeller could be a lot more authentic looking (when rotating),  I expect it to look and resemble the way all the stock CFS2 aircraft look.  I noticed that Flight 1 got it right with that Double Trouble Package.        & ; ;nbs p;

But I need help with how to install those weapons,  Let me ask you'all this:  The aircraft folder that contains the four aircraft and all the weapons folders am I suppose to put that folder into my CFS2 Aircraft folder?  Or am I suppose to place this folder in the CFS2 Root folder.

UPDATE

I placed all the Panel folders into thier prespective weapons folders, and went into CFS2 loaded one of the Lavochkins and "Viola",  the weapons appeared so I loaded some rockets and went "Flyin",  went to fire the rockets at a target,  no response,  I could not fire the loaded weapons,  tried Bombs,  same result.

I believe personally that a BGL file has to be made for these weapons scenery,  and a Texture file or files has to be made for these weapons texture, both to be place in the Scenedb/weapons/scenery, and texture folders of CFS2,  along with a DP file for each weapon to be placed in the Objects Dp folder of CFS2.  That has always been the way it was done.

Appreciate your help

Harry

JonJGoldberg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonJGoldberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2006 at 9:42pm

Kiddpsychotic

...This is a long shot, but before you remove and reinstall as directed, try removing the .cdp file within each aircraft, including weapons & pylons... Although if your wepons or pylons contain .cdp files I would reinstall. After this you should be able to fire your wepons.

If you flew these planes and the wepons didn't work, the 'fix' won't work unless you remove this file, as the CFS-2 game engine, once a .cdp is written, has recorded your previous errors and will not post the corrections untill 'forced' to create a new .cdp file. CFS-2 updates/creates .cdp files only after it determines it is missing, and the aircraft is 'used' by the 'player', as an aircraft; .cdp files are not written when the aircraft is an AI, a pilot, a pylon, or wepon.

Although normal pratice is to put wepons into senedb; making them aircraft allows for much more 'complex' weponary. There are however drawbacks with regard to frame rates... and CFS-2's aircraft limit.

If you like to tinker, and had to remove your install, follow my directions on placing or fixing this aircraft and it's wepons contained in the Lavochkins donít show up in CFS2 thread.

Time To Fly
JonJGoldberg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonJGoldberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2006 at 3:37am

OK... Since I figured out how to do this... Working wepons in CFS-2.

Time To Fly
Kiddpsychotic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiddpsychotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2006 at 4:26pm

Thanks JonJ

It worked!  I removed the .cdp file from the lavochkin's folders, (the weapons did'nt have any),  and the weapons fired. 

Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic