SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > FSHud - Air Traffic Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can’t get flight plan to work

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terryfyre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can’t get flight plan to work
    Posted: September-28-2022 at 6:22am
I’m new to FSH so I am not sure if I missed something. I can’t get the following route from simbrief to work:
EGLL/27R UMLAT1F UMLAT T418 WELIN T420 ELVOS ELVOS1M EGCC/23R
It keeps highlighting problems and won’t process to continue. 
HELP PLS!
Also I’ve seen on the forum about ‘tickets’ and not sure how to produce one, presuming that this is a way to get help.

tup61 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tup61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2022 at 6:32am
Originally posted by Terryfyre Terryfyre wrote:

Also I’ve seen on the forum about ‘tickets’ and not sure how to produce one, presuming that this is a way to get help.

Go to the FSHud app (not the window you see in the sim but the app itself): there is a white button on the top left called Support. Click on it and proceed from there. It's a bit like a chat function with the dev. Wink
Terryfyre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terryfyre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2022 at 6:47am
Thanks.

Terry
Carda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2022 at 7:00am
I'll give that a go as well. I'm getting quite a bit of problems with SimBrief flightplans at the moment as well and it's a bit annoying as a new user. The simbrief flightplans ofcourse load without problems in my FSNav , MSFS & Navigraph. When I try to import the Simbrief flightplan in FSHUD it's quite broken and I can't fix it.

If the dev wants examples, it will be a pleasure to share a couple of SimBrief flightsplans that simply won't work.

Edited: If the problem occurs due to user error I'll ofcourse post that here afterwards, not to scare other people away from this great ATC software
FSHudATC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSHudATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2022 at 7:45am
Originally posted by Carda Carda wrote:

I'll give that a go as well. I'm getting quite a bit of problems with SimBrief flightplans at the moment as well and it's a bit annoying as a new user. The simbrief flightplans ofcourse load without problems in my FSNav , MSFS & Navigraph. When I try to import the Simbrief flightplan in FSHUD it's quite broken and I can't fix it.

If the dev wants examples, it will be a pleasure to share a couple of SimBrief flightsplans that simply won't work.

Edited: If the problem occurs due to user error I'll ofcourse post that here afterwards, not to scare other people away from this great ATC software

Hello,

Flight import from SimBrief is not and can't be straight forward silent process.
It requires user's understanding what is going on around because of following reasons:

1. SimBrief isn't aware of current scenery installed in Simulator - many times airport runway names in BGL files are different from from latest AIRAC runway names that you have in SimBrief.
Besides that, if you're using MSFS, there are many airports that doesn't contains any taxiways or parking - just runways (LTFM airport for example).
The reason that airport data (runways, taxiways, parking) is taken from BGL files is because at the end - application have to estimate and instruct you and AI Traffic according to what is visually drawn in Simulator.
Sector data (Waypoints, procedures, approaches, ATS Airways) are taken from Navigraph. 

2. SimBrief doesn't validate any of ATS Airways altitude restrictions and start of procedure altitude restrictions - while FSHud does.

As you can see - at the end importing from SimBrief is not just "format conversion".
Please provide flight plans that doesn't work in tickets system (so we can see what airports are installed as well) and we will give more information about how to fix it - but in 99.99% of cases - one of those two above reasons would be.

**Besides that - as someone who uses SimBrief and looking for top of realism - can't expect that things will work somehow quickly.
Because it's the same that complaining about why "CTRL + E" doesn't completely start everything in study level aircraft.
From other side - if you want quick flight, and don't care about flight plan - nothing prevents you from typing "ICAO of departure airport /F ICAO of arrival airport"
(look in Flight planning manual):
https://www.fshud.com/#/site/manuals/flight-planning
Thank You,

FSHud Team
Carda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2022 at 8:19am
Whow that was really fast and great help. That <start airport.runway> /F <end airport.runway> function works really well and now I'm manually editing the transition it's taking manually without any problems. It setup my flightplan with active departures and arrivals just like simbrief would have. This suprised me and is just great. 

Keep this support up Thumbs Up and good luck on your quest on the AI planes rendered ingame
FSHudATC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSHudATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2022 at 8:45am
Originally posted by Carda Carda wrote:

Whow that was really fast and great help. That <start airport.runway> /F <end airport.runway> function works really well and now I'm manually editing the transition it's taking manually without any problems. It setup my flightplan with active departures and arrivals just like simbrief would have. This suprised me and is just great. 

Keep this support up Thumbs Up and good luck on your quest on the AI planes rendered ingame
Thank you
Thank You,

FSHud Team
Terryfyre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terryfyre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2022 at 10:30am
Thanks guys for VERY fast response. I’ll try doing just as Carda has suggested and see how I get on.  Just as a note that my EGCC is the standard one included in MSFS.

Thanks again.

Terry
tldspectre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tldspectre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2022 at 12:39pm
Whenever I have this issue I usually jump back to SimBrief and try a different route from the "Suggested Routes" list and usually I'll find one that works. Easier than trying to manually troubleshoot the route that FSHud has issues with. 
FSHudATC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSHudATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2022 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by tldspectre tldspectre wrote:

Whenever I have this issue I usually jump back to SimBrief and try a different route from the "Suggested Routes" list and usually I'll find one that works. Easier than trying to manually troubleshoot the route that FSHud has issues with. 
Again - SimBrief doesn't validate altitudes - many of routes can be non-correct.
And it's not "Issues with FSHud" - but more "Issues with aviation rules" - we have no problem to remove all those validations of altitude which will makes it much less realistic, 
please differ!
Thank You,

FSHud Team
cal2177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2022 at 1:35pm
One thing I do is to check with FlightAware for a flight from my departure airport and to my destination. You can see the flight plan the airline filed and if your SimBrief flight plan differs, you can amend it to fit the real life flight plan used.
John Patterson
Terryfyre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terryfyre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2022 at 1:40pm
Great thanks. It’s worth a try.

Cheers 

Terry

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tldspectre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2022 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by FSHudATC FSHudATC wrote:

Again - SimBrief doesn't validate altitudes - many of routes can be non-correct.
And it's not "Issues with FSHud" - but more "Issues with aviation rules" - we have no problem to remove all those validations of altitude which will makes it much less realistic, 
please differ!

No please, I prefer it this way, having FSHud validate altitudes! By "issues" I meant FSHud "doesn't like" or "has found to be incorrect". It's just that my flight time may be limited (or I'm just too lazy to figure out what the correct altitudes should be and make adjustments in FSHud LOL), so it's usually quicker to try another route.
Terryfyre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terryfyre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2022 at 5:26pm
Tried this and it worked just fine. Using navigraph and charts to track the progress. Works just fine thanks.

Cheers 

Terry 
FSHudATC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSHudATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2022 at 7:48pm

please differ!

No please, I prefer it this way, having FSHud validate altitudes! By "issues" I meant FSHud "doesn't like" or "has found to be incorrect". It's just that my flight time may be limited (or I'm just too lazy to figure out what the correct altitudes should be and make adjustments in FSHud LOL), so it's usually quicker to try another route.

No problem, if you asking, we will leave this feature LOL.

Honestly saying - the altitude validations application has are still not perfect.
Because for ATS Airway, there is no any relation at all regarding ODD/EVEN flight level and direction and RVSM stuff - for now it's just a range min to max flight level that can be used.
Adding that will bring up much more questions about
"Why FSHud failed to import my SimBrief flight?".
On the other hand - if FSHud will adjust and fix it by itself - another questions will arise
"Why FSHud changed my cruise altitude?".
Well - we all still running for the "good sides" of realism.

Regarding "laziness" - why don't you try to use the "/F" option without SimBrief at all?
Thank You,

FSHud Team
Terryfyre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terryfyre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2022 at 6:58am
Now I understand the altitude issues it makes sense. The weakness is with simbrief calling for the wrong altitudes not FSH.  ThanKs to all for your help.

Terry

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tldspectre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2022 at 7:44pm

please differ!

No problem, if you asking, we will leave this feature LOL.

Honestly saying - the altitude validations application has are still not perfect.
Because for ATS Airway, there is no any relation at all regarding ODD/EVEN flight level and direction and RVSM stuff - for now it's just a range min to max flight level that can be used.
Adding that will bring up much more questions about
"Why FSHud failed to import my SimBrief flight?".
On the other hand - if FSHud will adjust and fix it by itself - another questions will arise
"Why FSHud changed my cruise altitude?".
Well - we all still running for the "good sides" of realism.

Regarding "laziness" - why don't you try to use the "/F" option without SimBrief at all?

I use SimBrief because I can directly import the flight plan into the FMS of the Cessna Citation CJ4 as well as FSHud (Yeah, I know, there's "lazy me" again... LOL).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic