SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Opus Software
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can't connect OPUS FSI Client to Sim

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can't connect OPUS FSI Client to Sim
    Posted: August-10-2019 at 10:17am
I'm hoping you could help with this please.
I'm running OPUS FSI v5 on my main PC running P3D v4.4 (Win8.1) and also on my laptop (Win 10) as Client. The client laptop does not have P3D. 
The connection is ok.
I'm just trying to display Live Weather reports on my client laptop.
I can get the Client to pop up Opus weather reports in the sim but it doesn't connect to the sim (P3D v4.4) itself to download weather data to the client.
 I get the following error in the Spy window:
"SIM Failed to establish link 1 with simulator. Simulator May Not Be Active. Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component"
I'm starting the OPUS FSI Client with a P3D argument.
Many thanks
David

Opus Software View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2019 at 10:25am
Make sure you have stepped through the Getting Started Guide for multiple PCs.

Have you installed P3D on both your server and client PCs?

The two sims operate independently and the OpusFSI software syncs the client using data communicated and supplied by the server.

So your client must be configured to connect to its own client P3D sim and be able to transfer the opus weather WTB file into its sims weather theme folder. Hence the need for the GS Guide sharing and permissions.

The server does not download weather data to the sim, that’s not possible. The server generates the opus weather then sends a clock sync and notification to the clients. The client then accesses the generated opus weather theme, copies it into its own sim, and tells its own sim to load the weather theme.

So make sure your client opus is operating in P3D Mode and connected to its own local sim via its own SimConnect.

Stephen
thefrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2019 at 6:32pm
Thanks for the very quick and clear explanation Stephen.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic