SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > FSiPanel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cannot save PMDG 747 or 777 when running P3Dv3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SleepyWeltonBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cannot save PMDG 747 or 777 when running P3Dv3
    Posted: October-26-2017 at 8:39am
I cannot save the PMDG 747 or 777 in FSiPanel, when running P3Dv3.4. All the criteria in the Troubleshooting have been satisfied and the simconnect files have been installed. The default aircraft had been loaded before the PMDG aircraft. I am using 1.0.0.84 of FSiPanel. The PMDG 737 appears to be OK. My OS is Windows 10 Version 1703. Help please!

J-P Garraio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2017 at 3:48am
Hi, did you successfully import the 777 or 747 in FSiPanel?

If yes, you need to start your SIM with default aircraft, then start your approach from the panel.

Cheers,

J-P
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
SleepyWeltonBoy View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SleepyWeltonBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2017 at 4:08am
Hi J-P,
The problem is I cannot save the extended aircraft in FSiPanel. The log file reports 'Error saving situation'. This occurs only with the PMDG 777 and 747 in P3Dv3. For whatever reason I have no problem with the PMDG 737.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2017 at 5:02am
Usually this problem is caused by 2 things:

P3D is not run with adninistrator rights
FSiPanel doesn't have internet access.

Have you tried updating some weather in FSiPanel, like a metar, does it work?
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SleepyWeltonBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2017 at 5:40am
Hi J-P,

P3Dv3 does have administrator rights and I can see and use the METARS in FSiPanel for e.g. KJFK (once having saved the PMDG 737 which is useable) by way of the DL Actual Weather facility. So, a bit stumped where the PMDG 747 and 777 are concerned, with regard to their lack of cooperation with FSiPanel.
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SleepyWeltonBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2017 at 5:48pm
I have just reinstalled P3D v3 on Windows 7 and I am experiencing the same problem, i.e. I cannot save the PMDG 777 in FSiPanel. At least this rules out possible OS-related issues with PMDG products which have been reported and are being addressed by Microsoft.
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SleepyWeltonBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2017 at 6:35pm
Update on the above. I have just completely reinstalled FSiPanel in its own folder (e.g. C:\FsiPanel) and gave this folder all user privileges for access together with administrator rights to the .exe (exactly what I had previously tried in Windows 10), and lo and behold I can now save the PMDG 777 in FsiPanel! My conclusion is that the problem is possibly related to the use of such PMDG aircraft in Windows 10 (I had been using the pre-Fall update version 1703 with the offending Microsoft update hidden to prevent it screwing up PMDG aircraft in P3D v3). Whether or not Microsoft's fix for the Fall Creators Update Version 1709 which has affected PMDG aircraft in P3D v3 will restore the status quo remains to be seen, but indications are that the problem is probably unrelated to FSiPanel. I guess we shall have to be patient until the Microsoft fix is issued on 14th November 2017 (according to the Prepar3D forum, whereby Lockheed Martin have been working with Microsoft to fix the problem), in order to confirm things one way or another. In the meantime, I shall persevere with Windows 7 with P3D v3, since Windows 10 seems to be throwing up too many conflicts with how PMDG aircraft interact in P3D itself.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2017 at 11:35am
Thanks for the feedback, I didn't hear of anyone else having the same problem.
This last windows update seems to create a chaos on P3D V3 ! maybe part of the problem.

Cheers,

J-P
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SleepyWeltonBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2017 at 3:29pm
Hi J-P,

Further to the above I think I have cracked it for the Windows 10 installation of FsiPanel with P3D v3. It transpires that if I select visibility in meters, the aircraft cannot be imported into FSiPanel, but if I select visibility in statute miles, the aircraft imports successfully. Is this a bug in FsiPanel, or am I missing something in my interpretation of the settings within FsiPanel itself?

Looking forward to your response shortly.
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SleepyWeltonBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2017 at 3:53pm
Correction to the above. This is nothing to do with selection of the visibility in either meters or statute miles! The method I have to follow is to reset the Lockheed Martin simconnect dll files in the FSiPanel installation folder to the default values as originally installed, by overwriting the existing Lockheed Martin simconnect dll files with the following:

LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect.dll     (269KB)
LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnectV2.dll (269KB)
LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnectV3.dll (246KB)

Secondly, I then delete the SNAircraft.fsi file in the FSiPanel installation folder. Upon rerunning FsiPanel following these changes, I can import the PMDG 747 and 777 into FSiPanel. To reiterate, this has nothing to do with the visibility settings in FSiPanel.
Is this possibly a bug in FSiPanel in Windows 10? I have a Windows 7 installation of FSiPanel with P3D v3 and have no such issues with the PMDG 747 or 777 on this operating system.

Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SleepyWeltonBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2017 at 8:08am
With further experimentation, I have found a permanent fix to the problem I have been experiencing. If I rename the Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.dll file to a .dllold extension (rendering it useless within FSiPanel), then copy LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnectV3.dll to Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.dll, I can import the PMDG 747 and 777 into FSiPanel with P3D v3 on Windows 10 and do not have to delete the SNAircraft.fsi file in order to achieve this. Whereas I accept that this probably messes things up with any FSX aircraft I may wish to run with FSiPanel unless I restore the simconnect file back to its original version, this does at least offer a means to use FSiPanel within the Windows 10 platform with P3D v3 and the PMDG 747 and 777.
Any thoughts on this, J-P? I am speculating a bug of some description but not sure if FSiPanel related or with Windows 10 itself. 
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SleepyWeltonBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2017 at 3:53am
Further testing has revealed that Steam FSX is unaffected by copying the LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnectV3.dll to Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.dll. The culprit in my case has been the use of the Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.dll which is installed by default by FSiPanel. Note that these problems are specific to Windows 10 Version 1703. It will be interesting to see if things change when the Microsoft fix for the PMDG problems in P3D v3 is issued tomorrow (the 14th).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2017 at 1:31am
Hi,

I have to wait for further reports to start troubleshooting this issue, so far no other reports. I will keep an eye on this post to see if someone jumps in with similar issue.

Thanks for the detailed report and finding on how to correct the issue.

Cheers,

J-P
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SleepyWeltonBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2017 at 12:41pm
I hope that I can now report finally and conclusively about the problem I have been experiencing.
Whereas my previous efforts provided a temporary fix at that time, I have now discovered that if I do not succeed in saving the situation in FSiPanel with P3D v3, I simply switch the visibility from
whatever is displayed in the Options window to the other option available and the PMDG 747 and 777 can now be saved in FSiPanel. There is no need to change the Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.dll file from its default (107KB) to that of the Lockheed Martin simconnect equivalent (246KB). In this way, nothing in the FSiPanel installation is corrupted which is to be applauded from the user's perspective.

My thoughts here are directed at a minor glitch in FSiPanel itself but correct me if I am wrong, but should I be able to select visibility in either meters or statute miles in FSiPanel irrespective of the conditions associated with the PMDG aircraft loaded in P3D v3, or am I missing something in interpretation of how FSiPanel operates?

Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SleepyWeltonBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2017 at 4:30am
I cannot now save the PMDG 747 or 777 whatsoever on my Windows 7 installation. I am using P3D v3.4 and have the latest .NET Framework version (4.7.1) installed.

Any help here from the community at large is much appreciated.

No apparent problems with other addons.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2017 at 1:47pm
Hi,

You need Simconnect clients to be installed,
.net Framework 3.5 for Simconnect.
FSUIPC last version.

Do you have all the above installed?

Cheers,

J-P
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SleepyWeltonBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2017 at 12:34pm
I have found the cause of the problem I have been experiencing. I had Malwarebytes anti-malware software installed which must have been blocking the ability to save situations in FSiPanel. Once having uninstalled Malwarebytes completely (I only had the services it operated stopped in Windows 7), I can now save the PMDG 747 and 777 without any issues. It would appear that, although useful for a check on your system for unwanted programs and possible malware which may have been introduced, that the continued activation of Malwarebytes can have a negative effect on other things which rather defeats its object.

J-P, please mark this thread as solved!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic