SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > FS Panel/Sound Studio Forums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cannot open gmax Cheyenne panels

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gasebah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cannot open gmax Cheyenne panels
    Posted: June-05-2003 at 8:50am

Hi Ed,

I got the new gmax Cheyenne from FSD yesterday. For some reason I cannot open the panels, which drives me mad as I have to adjust the damned plane for my 3 monitor setup. I did an upgrade and now I cannot go back to the old version.

Anyway...for some reason I cannot open the panel. I get an error code 15. I cannot use any of the gauges either. FSD obviously came up with something new again.

Help.........:-)

Alex

Steve Small View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Small Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2003 at 11:14am
I have replied about this question directly to you, following your email.
Igor View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Igor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2003 at 7:45am

Guys, I have the same question/problem, can you share the solution with me? I just bought FSPS and started trying to work on Chyenne.

Alex, how do you plan to use your 3 monitor setup with Cheyenne? In my configuration (3 in the top and 1 centered in the bottom) I usually stick gages and avionics in the bottom monitor and use 2 top monitors for VC,  sometimes  - 1 for VC, the other for quadrant, overhead, FSNavigator etc.

Thanks.

petrovigor@iteranet.ru

gasebah View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gasebah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2003 at 11:15am
Igor,

there is no real solution for this. I simply use the old panel.cfg I once made with the older non G-max version. Some of the gauges have other names, but u can simple change the entries in the cfg. For example there is no Leftrpm_l anymore only Leftrpm.

As to how I use these panels I always do it the same way. I make one panel which includes all the primary flight instruments. I have a small 10,4 " LCD for these that is placed directly over the yoke.
Then I combine all the engine instruments together with my Reality-XP GPS stuff and put that on the third monitor, which is a normal 17 " CRT. To make it easier to stack all the instruments this monitor is rotated 90 degrees ( you can do this with more recent Nvidia and ATI drivers). On the main monitor I usually have the VC.

Alex
Igor View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Igor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2003 at 12:19pm
Thanks Alex, so I won't waste my time digging the new version, I'm o.k. if gauges from the original version work.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic