SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Bear Studios
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bug Report for J-10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bug Report for J-10
    Posted: May-04-2011 at 9:25pm

When you get error in installation or using aircraft in FS? 

Our Product side:
1, What versions FS2004 or FSX version you are using
2, What happened when you meet problem. if have windows error report or can take screenshot are better
3, What flight type you meet problem,and  how often the problem happens.

Your Platform side:
1, Which Operation system, is it update with laterest patchs?
2, Which FS versions you meet problem
3, If possible, please send me a addon list you have installed in your fs system.

Because we have test on clean installed default FS2004 and FSX with only MS offical patchs, not install any other plug-in / addons from other vendors. So we can not image what crash or error we have not meet before.

If possible, I will run our product with addon you reported, and make a compatibility list.

Thanks.
Tech Support for Bear Studios`s Red Wing Product Line
b1m2d3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b1m2d3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2011 at 12:57am
Not sure if this would be helpful, but in case others are running into this issue:

At the free flight screen if I load the J-10, THAN click on a location or click to choose weather etc, FSX crashes with no known error report.

If however, I load up my starting location, choose my time of day and type of weather and proceed to load the plane lastly, everything runs fine.

I'm running the following:

Windows 7-64 Home Prem
i7 core 920 2.7ghz
6gb tri-channel mem
gtx 295
FSX with SP2

I've also been using FSrecorder alot lately to practice formation flying and sometimes when ending a flight FSX will crash, so not sure if it has something to do with the J-10 and FSrecorder as I do not have this issue with other payware aircraft.

I use ALOT of payware aircraft, too many to list here.

Anyway, as I said, hope this helps for whatever its worth. :)

P.S. Sometimes I load the trike/cessna first, and then load the aircraft I want to fly, but this little trick doesn't always work. It depends on the aircraft.
Brandon

www.flight-sim-fanatics.com
Bill Wolfgen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2011 at 6:50pm
Ok. I have meet simular error when choose weather or change settings, but reinstall FSX and update xmlphaser and C++ to laterest patch can overcome this problem.
So the reason still unkonwn.
I will get a fsrecorder for test.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2011 at 8:19pm
OK, I have laterest FSRecorder_FSX_2-1b2 and FSRecorder_FSX_2-01 Installed on fsx with SP2 and Acceleration with default clean installation ( no other addon aircraft and plugin, just have fsrecorder and J-10)
Aircraft setting to more complex J-10S with more shapes and textures than J-10A.
Hardware platform
1,T5870 4G ddr2 G105M Win7 pro 32bit with all laterest patch and service pack1
2,E6550 2G ddr2 Nv9600GT, Win7 pro 64bit with all laterest patch and service pack1
I record 5 tracks, almost 300 sec per track. Change Location/time/weather when fsrecorder working and not working.
The result:
No problem when change aircraft, location ,time or weather at FSrecorder working (start record or playback saved record). or just fsrecorder not working.

b1m2d3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b1m2d3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2011 at 2:45pm
Hey Bill,

Yea not to worried about FSX crashing when I'm done using FSrecorder and the J-10, don't get me wrong it'd still be nice if it didn't. However I was more concerned with the way in which the steps of loading the J-10 at the free flight screen was freezing FSX.

Additionally, I was perusing all my aircraft the other night and hadn't selected anything and when I got out of it, the J-10 had somehow been selected and of course FSX froze. I thought that was pretty odd. Either way, I can circumvent the issue for now if I select the J-10 last.

I do believe I have everything updated on my system, but I'll double check. :)

What is xmphaser that you mentioned? I'm not familiar with that.

Thanks,

Brandon
Brandon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2011 at 7:46pm
MS XML parser and sdk, this is a xml runtime and support patch from MS. When FSX installed,this patch also installed. Win7 auto update can get this patch`s laterest version.
FSX using a lot of xml programming on UI, core system, gauge, and aircraft, our J-10 also using lot of xml code in gauge and animation, so if something wrong on this xml parser, it may cause error.
I think I can get smooth run on J-10, the reason is my FSX have no other addon and plugin, just default installation, so I plan to install a FSX with typical addons for test, Any advance I will let you know.
Thanks.
svicar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote svicar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2011 at 5:23pm
I just purchased the J-10 package and am very pleased. I am however having some issues with the HUD and am not sure if these are bugs or if I am doing something wrong, switch wise.

1. The horizon line on the HUD bounces around either while on the ground and stationary or airborne and maintaining a constant pitch.

2. Velocity vector is above the horizon line on the HUD yet the V/S on the HUD shows a descent.

3. Energy caret is not slaved to the velocity but rather floats in the HUD without reference.

Great package overall.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2011 at 6:44pm
hud symbol animtion is fit current resource reference, it is not bugs.
1,On ground the pitch ladder and horizon line shows static pitch angle, so it alway have a pitch angle. When aircraft in air and have speed, pitch ladder and horzon line blocks animation computing in FCS, it shows combined velocity on longitudinal ,lateral and vertical axis, this aircraft have weak stability on lateral and vertical axis, so it still have a pitch angle
2, Same reason, velocity vector shows ture vertical and lateral velocity relate to aircraft axis computing from FCS, it not show decent /climb rate
3,Engergy caret symbol not show acceleration( very different from FA-18 and other western aircraft), but shows object IAS computing by FCS depand on aircraft current weight,AOA and configrution. it have own vertical animation path and related to Velocity vector just when aircraft reachs speed very close the object IAS.
I suggest you engage ATC when landing and using spoilers adjust IAS.
svicar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote svicar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2011 at 6:50pm
Thankyou for clarifying this and for your timely reponse. Again I think this a great package and enjoy it immensly.

Deas Gu Cath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2011 at 7:39pm
Thanks
In my local time, current is daytime 7:30, so in normal condition I may reply in 12-13 hours later after bug report post. If need do test on problems you have meet, it may take more time and reply after days.

Your feedback will make our go forword more.
b1m2d3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b1m2d3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2011 at 8:48pm

Hi Bill,

So fearing I have a corrupted DLL.XML file should the new xmlparser automatically fix any anomalies when I install it or is this a program I need to run separately for my dll.xml file for fsx?

I installed a new addon last night and lost my, 'addon's', menu, and FSrecorder from the menu bar as well, so I definitely know my xml file is corrupted. I understand that it can from other addons that don't parse the file correctly before installing and remove CRs from xml file?

So basically, I should have CR LF in my xml file rather than just the LF (line feeds) right?

To add, my PMDG 747's no longer work nor the LevelD, but I know everything is still there. Sounds like the xml file just needs to be corrected.

Thanks,

Brandon
Brandon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2011 at 2:16am
1,I suggest you updating laterest xml parser from MS auto update to your system. it is a system patch. not only for fsx, but all windows system.

2,I think something in Win7`s xml core system or fsx xml core system may cause xml goes wrong, when I installed a mesh with landmark addon(it need modify some xml script file in FSX), fsx become very easy to frozen when change setting. But when I uninstall it, fsx still easy to frozen.
I had to uninstall FSX and reinstall it again.

In our J-10, we are using fs default buildin funtions via complex computing to simulate aircraft systems which fs have not support before, so we are not add or modify in fsx dll.xml. But maybe some other addon modify fsx core system, may some changes cause xml error?

I have installed PMDG 747 too, it working OK on Win7 64bit with J-10 at default FSX installed. but I have no levelD aircraft now.
b1m2d3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b1m2d3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2011 at 10:29am
Bill thanks for the info! :)

Yea I'd found a corrupted dll just last night. Turns out my latest addon, 'corrupted', my dll.xml file. After some searching on the net I found a few good articles on dll.xml corruption and a link to dl a free version of Notpad++ which can change the formatting of dll.xml files.

So everything is back to normal..woohoo!

Thanks so much for your help and timely responses!

Cheers,

Brandon
Brandon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2011 at 7:11pm
Ok, that`s right.
I finally installed CLS and Level-D 767 on win7 64bit with J-10 to FSX, working OK.

johnH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2011 at 6:43am
When you want to report a bug, please pay attention to following rules:

Use a clear and understandable language. If you are having problems with English, try to get help about translation.

Start with describing the bug with all details.

If you see some error messages, include them to your report.

(Edited to remove Spam link)
WarHorse47 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarHorse47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2011 at 11:47am

This is a possible issue with the J-10B Version 1.4 for FS 2004 which I installed yesterday.

I did not notice this issue with the prior version, but thought it was worth sharing.

The problem occurs upon landing at a default airport, Boeing Field (KBFI).  The specific aircraft is the J-10A SEAD with full load and 50% fuel.  I did not test this with the other models.

After touchdown the aircraft is quite sensative and bounces down the runway, generating a lot of wheel smoke.  Any attempt to taxi also creates the bouncing and smoke effects.  The bouncing effect seems more pronounced when exceeding 10 knots.

My FS 2004 setup has no major addons except for FSUIPC and towerview modules, and various addon scenery.  This issue occured at a standard FS airport, and not at one of the addons.

Other than that all I can add is that the newer version seems more framerate friendly on my old computer.

Thanks

--WH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2011 at 5:53pm
I will test on boeing field and other fs airport to see how it happaned. is it looks as aircraft bumping on runway?

Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarHorse47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2011 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by Bill Wolfgen Bill Wolfgen wrote:

I will test on boeing field and other fs airport to see how it happaned. is it looks as aircraft bumping on runway?

Yes.  It looks as if the aircraft is bumping on the runway.

The problem might also be my flying skills.  I just spent the last couple of hours with the J-10 ADT, practicing touch and goes at my home field, KOLM (Olympia Airport).  It's a real challenge to get the airspeed just right for a smooth landing, but I was able to do it.

The landing at KBFI surprised me as it was so bumpy.  I never noticed it before.

Thanks for looking into it, Bill.

--WH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2011 at 11:30pm
This is my result

in FS2004, I test J-10A SEAD model with your payload and fuel weight. aircraft bumping when rolling, but in FSX, aircraft using same flight model have no this problem.

This is test in boeing field and clean install without any 3rd addons.

I changed gear contract point values in aircraft.cfg for fs2004 as below, bumping disappear.
point.0 = 1,   7.75,   0, -5.95, 3200, 0, 0.65, 35, 0.2, 3.25, 0.61, 3.0, 3.2, 0, 270, 320
point.1 = 1,  -5.15, -3.85, -6.05, 3500, 1, 0.95,  0, 0.4, 2.25, 0.55, 3.7, 3.9, 2, 270, 320
point.2 = 1,  -5.15,  3.85, -6.05, 3500, 2, 0.95,  0, 0.4, 2.25, 0.55, 3.5, 3.7, 3, 270, 320

So I think fs9 and fsx computing same value to different result. I may do a small fix for flight models and make it download to replace them shipped with V1.4 later.

So Please notice my follow post in this topic.
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarHorse47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2011 at 12:46am
Thank you, Bill.

I updated the contact points in all the aircraft.cfg, and did a flight to KBFI with a fully loaded Strike2 package.  The landing was nice and stable with no bouncing.  Ground handling is much improved as well, improving the ability to taxi.

I appreciate you looking into this and coming up with a solution so quickly.  ClapClapClap

--WH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2011 at 1:27am
I have make a patch package for J-10A/S and J-10ADT fs9 versions to avoid this problem. when it in library, I will post links to it.
Thanks to warhorse for you point out this problem.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2011 at 7:20am
http://library.flight1.net/?did=734
This is a flight model patch for Bear Studios J-10 V1.4 and J-10ADT V1.2 FS9 versions.
to deal with ground bump when aircraft landing or taxing on some airports.
J-10 and J-10 ADT customers may download this patch if meet ground bump in FS9.
Do not using this patch to FSX versions, FSX versions have no such problem on current Flight Models.
If you do not meet ground bump, this patch is not need to use.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic