SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > BN-2 Islander Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BN-2 islander switch sons absents + GPS r

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tirflight35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BN-2 islander switch sons absents + GPS r
    Posted: April-24-2017 at 2:03pm
Hello everyone,
New on your forum, I just bought the BN-2 Islander which is a nice plane, but I have two problems; So I appeal to your knowledge and ask for your help, and thank you in advance.

My configuration is: Windows 7, 64 Bits, My Simulator FSX Accelleration Pack SP2. My NVidia GT Force Series 700 graphics card. My computer has 3 disks including one backup, no ssd. Here are the problems I encounter:

- the first problem: I can not turn on the Bendix 90 GPS, I click the Power button, but the screen remains black. I can not find an explanation despite my research and reading the manual, would you have an idea please?

- The 2nd problem is an absent sound problem for the switches, When I click on the cockpit switches no sounds are heard. Nevertheless, the sounds of the fuel pump switch works, the trim tabs, the landing gear, the engine sounds work very well.
So I add that I already reinstall the BN-2 without improving the problems. The anti virus, firewall are stopped during installation.

Well cordially and good stealing to all comunity and developers

Tirflight 35
by thierry35
ggi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2017 at 4:35am
Regarding the switch sounds - they should be there, no answer to why not....sorry I can't help with that.
The GPS - try switching on using the 2D window (shift-3). It's easier to set it up using the 2D window anyway, when you close the 2D window it should show powered up in the VC view.
Hope this helps
Gary
tirflight35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tirflight35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2017 at 10:08am
Thanks Gary for your help,

Indeed I found the sound files that are well present in FSX, especially those switches switches..But we do not hear them. Pity.

For the GPS I followed your advice by typing shift + 3, but the GPS does not appear in pop up as it should, I see on the screen a cross, symbol of the closure of the gps, I suppose. So for now there is something blocking, maybe it comes from my computer? .. Otherwise, I tried to click on the GPS around the "power" button, but only moon CROIX appears, which Must allow the pop-up closure of the GPS.

Another precision, which can help us, for the problem of the GPS: All the switches of the GPS tournenet, are moving when I click with my mouse, but again the "power" button does not move, impossible to put it in Movement, for what reason? There is a bug somewhere, the BN-2 file that would be damaged, I have uninstalled the BN-2, then reinstall the installation, without improvement.

Sincerely, Gary, and thank you again for your support,
Thierry35
by thierry35
fsafranek View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fsafranek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2018 at 11:48am
Just reading through some old threads.  if you happen to pass by here again take a look at this other thread.  It may at least help with the sounds.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic