SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Bear Studios
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bear Studios Su-27(J-11B) Project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2012 at 9:45pm
thats great news. I will start learning to fly it now so I will be ready when that happens. I have already taken her up once and I am very impressed. Keep up the good work.Smile

By the way I may be asking some questions of you later as I have told the members at Lockonfiles that I will let them know how she flys.
Bill Wolfgen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2012 at 11:33pm
I follow the Su-27/30 manual for flight models, so it may have different on different flight simualtions.
I suggest FSX version, for same flight model, FS9 have some different effect from FSX.
Any help to be improve our product is very great things, we may upgrade product in future.
Tech Support for Bear Studios`s Red Wing Product Line
Barra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2012 at 5:57am
Ok, I have flown this for a couple of nights now and while I can't quote exact figures I think the flight model is too powerful. Some examples are: close to sea level, this aircraft will exceed mach 1.4 and continue to accelerate with the loadout being the CAP with ECM. Speed at altitude seems pretty fair (I nearly got to Mach 2.3) but I think acceleration may also be an issue. I will continue to fly it and I will time it from rest to 60,000ft and post again.

I don't know much about flight modelling but is it possible that aerodynamic drag is perhaps less than it should be?

I haven't touched on Prepar3d flight model although at a glance the above mentioned would appear to be even more exagerated.
mgr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2012 at 6:57am
Hello Bill,

Is it possible to upload a layered repaintkit in either psp or psd format? You should be able to do that in Adobe Firework (use the "save as" option). The current png-file format can not be used in any other product then Firework.

See topic: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/fireworks/cs/using/WS4c25cfbb1410b0021e63e3d1152b00db4b-7fc2.html#WS4c25cfbb1410b0021e63e3d1152b00db4b-7fc9

Thanks,

Marcel

Hani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2012 at 11:28am
Hey mgr
I has already made two repaints and in one I have included psd format layers (my initial paint Kit).

Search under my name in Simviation or Flightsim libraries

mgr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2012 at 1:05pm
Hello Hani,

I mean the original layered png paintkit, so with separate layers for panel-lines etc.

Other then with Adobe Firework, the png-file will show as a flat picture, yet the file (should) contains layers just as psd or psp format. Sadly the firework png format will not be read by any other paint program. The png format of Adobe Firework is something different then the more common flat png format, such as jpg.

Marcel

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2012 at 7:25pm
I will make psd format paintkit and upload later, since I make paintkit on firework and no photoshop run on my computers. so it will take a while for make psd format.
Barra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2012 at 4:11am
After doing some more flight testing I think the main issue with the flight model is speed at low level. Climb rate seems plausible, speed at altitude is pretty close to published figures and the aircraft handles in a way you would expect it.

Can I also ask if there will be any further key mappings in the future to enable some measure of HOTAS on programmable controllers?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2012 at 8:44pm
I have no programmable sticks now. my saitek stick damaged. so I just set fs`s stock concorde nose position keys for rapaid combat control. you may see FSX ESP (Prepar 3D), & FS2004 SETUP section. for now usage, just define your stick`s buttons to control these 2 key, can control weapon select and related radar/hud pages switch.

other control buttons on throttle controls auto-throttle, auto mach/airspeed, toga mode and spoilers, so they also can be defined on sticks.

BTW, I have upload psd format paintkit to Flight1 product FTP, but always can not upload via webpage to free download section, so I will let them add links on product page to the files on FTP later. 
Hani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2012 at 10:10pm
Bill,
the auto trim in low velocity not working properly, and manually trim also don't work (I has reinstalled the airplane 2 time with anti-virus off).

The interior (VC) ionized glass is not to my liking, so, when I saved the "J11_Glass_T.dds" in "dds 444-4 16 bit" it be some dark and I don't like dark glass.
I think if there be any option to made the glass as 100% clean or modeled with some reflections or dirty details, it was be better.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2012 at 7:38am
Auto trim working during 300 knots to 540 knots, I have additional resource to simulate the CDY system working less than 300knots in next month, and creat a new auto trim when update to 1.1 later.

If you want to a more change glass, please use dxtbmp open the J11_Glass_T.bmp and see a alpha channel layer,export it and lighten the dark grey shapes,save and import back, then, save it to a dds or dxt3 bmp with alpha channel. the reflections may weak.

The glass can not change transparency to 100% because model have setting to 20% and have a Fresnel effect to simulate galss reflection, so if you have weak alpha channel, the fresnel texture still working, but have less reflect.
Hani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2012 at 9:55am
OK
Many thanks Bill
flaviossa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flaviossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2012 at 8:19pm
Hello!
Thanks for this new plane! And thanks Hani for the amazing repaints!

If there is a study for a patch for this plane, can i ask this things:
- Brighter nav and beacon lights. We can barely see then working. The other lights are great.
- A redesing in the outside sounds. Incredibly here the vc sound is louder than the outside sound (Engines i mean).
- Redesign of the ABurner effect.  Itīs very strange and become transparent in some angles.

And a question: The flaps buttons (Up/dowm a notch) works inverse when in flight. When on the ground they work correctly. Is it supposed to be this way?

And just for information what is described above is what i get just installing it, without any modifications. The other Bear Studios planes works perfectly (Mig15 and J10)

Thanks again!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2012 at 9:20pm
1, the nav and becaon lights modified from stock FSX light effects, but in FSX has strange look, as the same problem on J-10 and MiG SP5, I have not study out how to get the effect better. when it work out, I will replace all related effect files for these aircrafts.

2, I will change the sound value for this problem.
3, afterburner shapes in model as stock F-18, using 8 square double side planes and emittes textures, so it better looks from tail or side, in some angles, it can not apply a round visual looks. For keeping FPS, I have not using round cylinder shapes to build afterburners.

flaps button form manually control
press down the forward button for retract flaps if flaps extended
press down the  backward button for extend flaps if flaps retracted.

these 2 buttons works only when auto flaps turns off( in air gear down and locked, or on ground). and in normal flight, the retract button always on down position and extend button always on up position to indicate auto flaps system works, in this condition, it not indicate flaps status.
flaviossa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flaviossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2012 at 8:41pm
Thanks for the clarifications! The plane is great to fly and with the possible corrections it will be greater! Thumbs Up
flamehaze1332 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flamehaze1332 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2012 at 10:05pm
If at all possible, could you add an usuable autopilot? Something like the default ctrl+z style. That doesn't seem to work. And a GPS would be nice too. The acceleration is a huge problem. Doesn't take long to get well over 700 knots no matter the altitude. But other than that, its an amazing plane.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2012 at 11:32pm
the auto pilot is override by UFCD logic to get aircraft have more functions like J-10, so stock fs keys may be bypassed. the current useful is Z key for engage/disengage ap master switch.

flight model may be adjust in update 1.1 I plan to release on 2013.1, more study and test flight will be done before the update.

mikezj1971 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikezj1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2012 at 3:14am
J11B?????????!
????????????!
???????J11B??????
mikezj1971 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikezj1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2012 at 3:18am
Originally posted by mikezj1971 mikezj1971 wrote:

J11B?????????!
????????????!
???????J11B??????
????????????
cfso4342 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cfso4342 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2012 at 3:31am

Request solution: 1. The aircraft in the FS transferred to the metric, lifting speed table no needle.

2. If the plane in two or more than two people even fly, at the same time, use the J - 11 b series (straight even, not through the third party software attachment) are not synchronized, problems.

To sum up, these two problems need to solve!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2012 at 3:26am
1, the vsi have no needle when change to metric, this is a code problem, we will fix it in Upate 1.
2, can you describe more detail on unsynchronized problem when using J-11B? what happens? is it take on when FSX or FS2004? when we locate problem, we will fix it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2012 at 4:06am
for deal with viber shock when reach Mach 1.0 and M2.0, we reduce static thrust value, and flight model can not computing engines with afterburner well, the value is higher than su-27 fact data`s static thrust, and lower than afterburner thrust, so the aircraft may reach M2.0 at 33000 feet during 2 min with afterburner, and from M.7-M1.2 during 45 sec at 25000 feet. with cap payload. we may inlcude tis fight model in Update Ver1.1 .

the auto trim gain working when airspeed in 150knots, so this will help deal with nose drop when aircraft in low speed, we may test more for a perefct value.
cfso4342 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cfso4342 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2012 at 8:07am

FSX connection flight were in J - 11 b system type of plane, I see the other side J - 11 b aircraft don't move (the other party has flown up) I see the other side still don't move, I see the other side the plane is still in front of me stopped, the aircraft to network speed requirements is too high, very fast wire speed in sync, J - 11 b, each other flying J - 11 b in the runway stop, I let him open reduction version, he immediately opened, I show it to more than ten seconds to see. , I judge is J - 11 b somewhere on the network requirements or diecutting synchronous place there is a problem, change J - 10 things had returned to normal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2012 at 10:32am
We test in local network mode (LAN). up to 4 J-11B, my network 1s 100M router with 54M wireless, 1 PC, 3 notebooks, all  them rn Win7 and FSX with DX10 render on. Run FSX in clean install status. Total 4 aircraft run smoothly. We also fly a 2 vs 2 dogfight, no such problem happens.

so I think it may be something on your system and J-11B`s model/texture/gauge competing for network resources. because one customer have report the J-11 may be forced stop by server during 5 min, the reason is server and players have very low speed network connection.

J-11B`s radar system can support FSX mission mode, it have additional computing code. but all system is under fsx hardware requirement.

We will upgrade J-10`s radar using same technology from J-11 for support mission mode and anti ship mode.

flaviossa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flaviossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2012 at 6:30am
Hello Bill,
Got the 1.1 update. Thanks for that! Can you show what are the corrections?

Thanks again and Merry Christmas!

EDIT: Nevermind! Found the fix list on the .EXE file. Thanks!
cfso4342 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cfso4342 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2012 at 9:00am

Well, thank you, and to pilot a helmet, right now this and actual discrepancy

cfso4342 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cfso4342 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2012 at 9:03am
Single seat and the two-seater front seat, seat too close to the line of sight, in the FSX too close, the line of sight to pull away, seat and file with the line of sight
cfso4342 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cfso4342 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2012 at 8:01am
Originally posted by cfso4342 cfso4342 wrote:

Single seat and the two-seater front seat, seat too close to the line of sight, in the FSX too close, the line of sight to pull away, seat and file with the line of sight
cfso4342 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cfso4342 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2012 at 8:03am

cfso4342 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cfso4342 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2012 at 8:04am

cfso4342 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cfso4342 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2012 at 8:05am

cfso4342 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cfso4342 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2012 at 8:08am

cfso4342 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cfso4342 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2012 at 8:36am
cfso4342 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cfso4342 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2012 at 8:37am
Can we change the helmet?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2012 at 12:06pm
eyepoint in FSX is strange, I had to set it in a accept range, you may adjust eyepoint position by edit aircraft.cfg to a position you need, but be carefore the ejectseat head may cover the view, and can not click interactive elements in cockpit.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2012 at 12:36pm
No. do not change helmet texture. it shapes different from russian Zsh helmet

we have no clear 3 view reference print for this helmet, so we may change it in future update when we get the reference and rebuild it.
cfso4342 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cfso4342 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2012 at 10:09pm

Model of the seat is too near the front

Nets after move line of sight, and don't it block line of sight, not clear. thank

cfso4342 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cfso4342 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2012 at 10:11pm

Landing gear keep some way in and out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2012 at 11:25pm
We set seat position to minimum distance from main panel. if move it afterwards, the view for default eyepoint will not easy to get clear view and click operating on interactive elements.
so the model seat shape position set by test and balance, it must set to same value in VC and aircraft models in our products.

we can not set it to same position as other flanker products as you ride before,because some other products have different position in VC and aircraft models. in their model position setting, our main panel`s interactive elements may not click easilly.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2012 at 11:45pm
can you describe how the landing gear acts? if you upgrade to V1.1 from simmarket, please wait them replace V1.1 setup, the current V1.1 on simmarket have wrong value in cfg.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic