SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Bear Studios
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bear Studios announce J-10 V1.5 Update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bear Studios announce J-10 V1.5 Update
    Posted: July-15-2012 at 10:36pm

J-10 V1.5 Update Version for all current Variants:

J-10ADT
J-10B
J-10A/S

Changes List:

1,Model, Texture and Gauge system optimization for wide range hardware specifications.this V1.5 models can keep fps in low end pc or notebook.

2,Add Cockpit dynamic shadow in FSX models, this can take more reality visual effects when using dx10 preview capability in FSX

3,Modify Flight dynamic model for simulating a fly by wire control system. when Flight Director on in Flight, aircraft can make more maneuverability flight, and if Flight Director off, aircraft will fly with auto trim for more stability depend on altitude and mach number

4, Add working maneuver flap system with actual function in FS2004. this system like fsx`s maneuver flap system, can extend/retract flaps with AoA and mach number changes.

5, Change MFD`s GPS input page only in Right MFD to keep fps. remove this page in other MFDs.Also changed panel shapes for more closer to real aircraft pictures.

6, Mount new SD-10 missile models in J-10 and J-10B Prototype. refine textures for missiles and payload weapons.

7,Remove FLIR and Navigation Pods in aircrafts with CAP, Armed Recon and Interceptor payloads. Strike payloads still keep these pods mounted on for proper weapon capability

8,Change Flight dynamic model and gauge system to simulate radio height auto keep function when Gps Beacon and Vor/Tacan Coupled navigation active.

9,Fix glass reflection problem in FSX`s cockpit model.

10, Add colored terrain map in J-10A/S and J-10ADT, this system can bring out colored terrain map layer as J-10B`s mfd. To use this function, press map mode button in HSD page to CTMAP mode.

Installation
Remove or uninstall old versions, and run this new V1.5 setup to install.

Bear Studios
Bill Wolfgen

We will send V1.5 products to publishers for update release soon.

Tech Support for Bear Studios`s Red Wing Product Line
mrb3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrb3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2012 at 12:10am

Bill:

I'm assuming that I may be too early with this, as you only posted the announcement yesterday about the 1.5 update, but just thought I'd point out that...

1.  The Flight 1 screen for J-10A still indicates "version 1.4" as being the latest.

2.  The J-10B Flight 1 screen shows that its still is based on a "1.0"/J-10B-standalone file, which somewhat contradicts what your announcement indicated, i.e., that the 1.5 patch applies to "all versions", both J-10A and "J-10B".

Can you verify if/when the 1.5 version has been uploded to Flight 1's servers that'll allow users to being reinstalling, and, also verify if the J-10B/standalone is going to be updated as well to "1.5", or, if that will instead remain its own version 1.0.

Thanks.
Bill Wolfgen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2012 at 1:55pm
Yes, when J-10A/S and J-10B v1.5 update release, all products will update to V1.5

V1.5 is a important update. if VRS tac pack sdk release and support our product, we may build new update for it from V1.5`s update. so we suggest all users have any J-10 versions upgrade to V1.5.

and from V1.5, J-10 J-10B and J-10ADT have same update release version.
Rich56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2012 at 10:52am
Hi Folks, I purchased the Bear Studios J10 for FSX about a year ago and I just read that there's an update to v1.5. In fact, the posts about it were dated July 15th 2012.
My J10 manual states this as the Heading on the first page:
Bear Studios J-10 FC-20 Operational Flight Manual Version 1.0

PLAModel J-10 & PAFModel FC-20

So I'm pretty lost here. I see that there's also a 'J10B Prototype' and I'm not at all sure what to do. However, if someone can tell me what's going on and I am supposed to install the 1.5 version, will you please tell me where that version is?
Thank You, Rich
"...and miles to go before I sleep" R Frost

Win 7 64bit, i7-2600K (5GHz), Swiftech H220 Lqd cool, ATI HD 7970 BE, 16GB RAM, FSX Gold Deluxe w/Acc pack, TM Warthog & Saitek Yoke + Dual Throttles
mrb3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrb3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2012 at 7:15pm
Can somebody from Bear studios please clear up a few things here....

1.  Apparently, this 1.5 release only seems to apply to the J-10 ADT, and NOT the older J-10A which is still on the Flight-1 store as version 1.4 and the J-10B as version 1.0.

2.  I've looked at a bunch of other sim sites, e.g., simmarket, simw, pc-aviator, etc., and they all only market the J-10 ADT currently, and, conversely, Flight-1 only markets the J-10A and J-10B.

So, can you guys please clarify the following.

1. Is the current 1.5 release only specifically for the J-10 ADT at present (related to items 2 and 3 below)?

2. Will the other two products on Flight-1 be simultaneously upgraded to 1.5, or, will they just be left in their respective 1.4(j-10a) and 1.0 (j-10b) states?

3.  Are you planning on merging these into one platform,. i.e., ADT/J-10A/J-10B, under 1.5, or, under a later version 1.6 or later?

4.  Not asking you to give away the store for future development....just clarify, mainly, what is going to happen with the old J-10A/J-10B Flight-1 products vs. ADT.

Thanks.
Rich56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2012 at 9:21pm

I think the broken English of Mr. Wolfgen is a little confusing mrb3. This sentence doesn't make too much sense:

"V1.5 is a important update. if VRS tac pack sdk release and support our product, we may build new update for it from V1.5`s update."

But I think he's saying that you need to upgrade to V1.5 in order for the next group of updates to work which are not yet available.

And this line: "and from V1.5, J-10 J-10B and J-10ADT have same update release version." is saying that the 1.5 version presently available will fit all the listed J10's including yours.

I bought mine from PCAviator and emailed Mr. Wolgen personally yesterday. He said I also have the J10ADT and he said an update would be released soon. This is his actual reply to my question as to where I can find the 1.5 update, what J10 do I have, and should I load the 1.5 vrs update:
"you have j10adt edition.they are preparing update now.and when they ready.you van update to v1.5"

So I'm not real sure about anythging at this point. I'm just trying to sort it out. :)

Win 7 64bit, i7-2600K (5GHz), Swiftech H220 Lqd cool, ATI HD 7970 BE, 16GB RAM, FSX Gold Deluxe w/Acc pack, TM Warthog & Saitek Yoke + Dual Throttles
gbk1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gbk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2012 at 1:24am
The situation as I understand it now has as follows:

1. Bear Studios has developed V1.5 for J-10A/S and J-10B (FLIGHT1 products) as well as J-10 ADT (other Retailers' products).

2. The updates were sent to FLIGHT1 and the other retailers around July 16-18.

3. Other retailers have made available the updates since July 18-19.

4. FLIGHT1 still has old versions and needs to update the wrapped exe files.

I've opened a ticket in FLIGHT1's support chanel and I've received the reply that the wrappers were updated with v1.5 on Thursday. Apparently this is not true.

It is FLIGHT1' tech support team that will have to work out the situation now.
Rich56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2012 at 10:58am

I sent an email to the support@zinertek.com and they told me they didn't have anything to do with the J-10ADT and recomended that I contact Mr. Wolfgen.

I happened to have copied the help request to Mr. Wolfgen at the same time I sent for help to Zinertek and the reply from Mr. Wolgen is what I had shown in my previous post.

Can anyone tell me where the actual 1.5 update can be found? I don't see a link to it anywhere.
Thanks

gbk1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gbk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2012 at 1:12pm
Unfortunately and despite the fact that this is a support forum, it ends up only customers helping each other, which is not bad, however it is not the best commercial solution.

As I've stated above the developer (I have no relation with the developer, I'm just a customer for J-10A/S, J-10ADT and J-10B) has issued the updated to the retailers. I have downloaded mine from my account at f*pilot*hop.dot.com on July 19 (10 days ago). So if you have J-10ADT, which isn't sold by Flight1, then look at your retailer's redownload link. There should be V1.5 of j-10 ADT.

J-10A/S and J-10B are FLIGHT1 published products so.... when..... updated,  you'll just have to redownload the exe files and reinstall the product as usual.

As of now, FLIGHT 1 is still selling the old versions of both products
Rich56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2012 at 3:24pm
I see, so you're saying that in order to update the version that one has, they must redownload and install the entire program from the place they purchased it. I bought mine from PCAviator in Dec of 2011 but the PCAviator downoad doesn't indicate what version, just the size, (about 159mb).

It's odd that Zinnertek jumped away from me when they saw what version I had being that they, (the J10's), are all "Bear Studios". Anyway, I think your right. I'll see what Mr. Wolfgen does in the next few weeks.

gbk1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gbk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2012 at 3:36pm
I've checked my J-10 ADT V1.5 and its size is around 159 mb so PC Aviator's version should be the latest.

Rich56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2012 at 4:19pm
Thanks gbk1! That was real helpful to know. I was going to check my zip folder size in a little while and compare the two but now it seems likely that it is the updated version.
Thanks Again

mrb3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrb3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2012 at 4:37pm
I also just posted this as a new topic on Flight1's support forum.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2012 at 8:40pm
Finally, Flight1 update product pages for J-10B and J-10A/S to V1.5
J-10A/S V1.5
J-10B V1.5

I think J-10`s next update may support VRS Tac Pack if they have SDK release ready for 3rd addon aircraft. we will creat a build-in logic system to link our designator to weapon pack.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2012 at 9:02pm
When V1.5 setup run, the setup`s information page will shows V1.5 in text
some files have changed, so new version may smaller than old one when installed.

I feel sorry for Flight1 take more days for making update. And thanks to J-10 users who always support me.

Now Bear Studios have only myself to build addon aircraft. China goverment make very heavy tax rate to individual or private business. Internet service especially google search and other very useful google service still can not access in China, all these things make more hard in addon research and development.I have to reduce our costs to make it through.

Current products update and J-11 project will continue. I may have less time to access this forum and feed back e-mail delays. but I will make products as real as we can, and very glade to introduce more military aircraft addon behind bamboo curtain.
lantianshi558 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lantianshi558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2012 at 12:44am
J10 ADT????V1.5??

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2012 at 1:35am
Yes, all current version update to V1.5.
anels9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anels9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2016 at 4:31pm
where can i get 1.5 for the ADT version? and can i update for free if ive already got the ADT?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic