SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > SkyDecks Panel Design
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Autoland grinds FPS to a halt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seedmuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Autoland grinds FPS to a halt
    Posted: September-23-2009 at 9:27am
Hi Kevin, like everyone here I appreciate your work and the attention to detail. I bought the 2 for 1 deal so feel lucky in my timing! Thank you. The only thing missing for me is the Canyon Blue paint from Posky and the Continental Express for the CRJ. I downloaded the Canyon Blue from the Posky website but had trouble getting the aircraft config to see it. Can you help me with that? Also there is an audio loop hiccup in the CRJ.

So last night night I was having a terrible time trying to autoland the 737. My frames stopped at 1 (!). This morning I tried again with new video drivers (I have a beefed up system and can normally run FS9 in the 40 - 60 range with no issues). I did a short flight pattern, turned base to final hit CMD B and everything stopped again. I flipped it off and things came back to life. Something is just not happy there and I can't figure it out. What do you think?

Also, I run FS9 barebones, a few tweaks and no addons.

Thanks again,

Matt

seedmuse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seedmuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2009 at 2:52pm
It just occurred to me that the 2 for 1 may have old installers and that could be contributing to my problem? If so how do I download the new ones? Thanks...
KSparkuhl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KSparkuhl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2009 at 4:17pm

Hi Matt...

If you downloaded from our website recently, they are the latest installers.  Also, I've got a fairly beefed up system as well and don't have any issues with the autoland code.  It's fairly straightforward... so I don't even know where to begin looking for you.  Try this with the preconfigured 737-NG freeware pack that's on our downloads tab and see if it's still happening... if so, then the issue lies with the Posky model and not the panel.

What's your system configuration?  Also, what loop are you referring to with the CRJ sounds.

Let me know...

Saving the world, one panel at a time.
KSparkuhl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KSparkuhl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2009 at 4:44pm
Oh, and Matt... if you'd like a "Canyon Blue" scheme for the 738 pack, I made one a few years back.  You can download it here.

seedmuse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seedmuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2009 at 3:11pm
Thanks for the Canyon Blue, beautiful!

Here is my hardware:
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.20GHz
Memory 2x1024 533MHz DDR Total: 2046MB
ATI Radeon X1950 Series 256MB
Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2

I've done more testing and put the panel into the stock 737-400 and am having the same problem. So its not Posky. I started with the Posky installers BTW, that was great and really easy to do! There is something up. Something that my system doesn't like about one of the gauges perhaps? I'll do more testing and keep you posted.

About the CRJ loop, my guess is the basic wind sound, but that sounds pitch gets higher the faster the plane flies. Is that the software telling it to get higher or are there different files, regardless the loop remains...
seedmuse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seedmuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2009 at 11:20pm

Solved!

Finally with mucho testing and the pain that is uninstalling ATI drivers, it was certainly a driver issue. With my setup up the most recent ATI drivers were slowing things way down. (9-8_legacy_xp32-64_dd_ccc.exe) I reverted to an earlier version and it worked! (8-4_xp32_dd_ccc_wdm_enu_60999.exe) So much for updating drivers.

If anyone has a similar setup or story or has found even better performance on an ATI X1950 with different drivers I would much appreciate your feedback. As it stands I get 59-60 outside the cockpit and 17-20FPS inside the cockpit.

Ahh, the autoland was wonderful, now to figure out the radio altitude and decision height adjustments so I don't go below the glideslope on final!

KSparkuhl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KSparkuhl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2009 at 12:06pm
Thanks for the update, Matt! I'm glad you found the issue...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic