SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Ground Environment X Series
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - [ANSWERED]GEP3D World Edition funny spring texture
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

[ANSWERED]GEP3D World Edition funny spring texture

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phmcr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [ANSWERED]GEP3D World Edition funny spring texture
    Posted: June-25-2019 at 10:09am
Hi, as the image shows, in certain situations I get textures in my sim that clearly state 'spring' in fluorescent green. The World Edition is the only texture generator I have installed so please let me know how to get the proper texture.

Thank you!
Menno

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2019 at 11:23am
If you give me specific LON-LAT-MAG data I will check the locations myself but I know I wont see this.

You have (or had at some point and uninstalled it but it left files behind) something else installed somewhere..   it is causing tiles that should not ever appear in the simulator to appear. Those season marked tiles have been in Flight Simulator since FSX was released. They were used by the original Microsoft development team and never removed from FSX. Lockheed never removed them from the original when they took over and developed Prepar3D.

What ever is causing them to appear has absolutely nothing to do with Ground Environment Prepar3D. It is a landclass corruption issue. It has been seen in the past when a user has (or HAD and uninstalled) a Orbx product installed at some point, including just Orbx trees.

If there is a landclass product in use which alters the lclookup.bgl that too can cause what you are seeing but GEP3D is just textures and autogen annotation. It will not ever cause what you are seeing here.

phmcr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phmcr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2019 at 5:22am
Hi Nick, thanks for your reply.

This is around Bali, but I have the same textures in Venezuela.

I understand your reasoning but I have not installed FSX textures. From the start I used GEP3D.

But, I shall uninstall the landclass I have installed from SceneryTech for areas that are not covered bu UT. That is old and might cause the trouble.

Thank you!

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2019 at 11:04am
If you give me specific LON-LAT-MAG data I will check the locations myself

I have never seen this issue with SceneryTech or UTX and nothing else has ever been installed. I have seen it happen when a Orbx product was installed and/or removed leaving behind their overwrites of landclass control files.
phmcr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phmcr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2019 at 2:50pm
Hi Nick,

Thanks for your replies.

It must have been the SceneryTech landclass. I removed the entries from my scenery.cfg and now, taking off from Bali on a flight to Singapore I do not see them around UDONO.

Thanks!

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2019 at 5:17pm
Ill look here around UNDO.

Is this SceneryTech NA, Asia or Indo-Pacific you are speaking of?

Which SceneryTech landclass did you disable to make the change?

You did not have to remove any entries, simply uncheck them when in that area.

phmcr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phmcr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2019 at 8:53am
Hi Nick,

Well I had 3 installed, AS, IP and SA. Since I was also seeing this over Venezuela on a flight that originated in TNCC, I figured I'd best remove them all.
Need still to check though if the landclass in Venezuela is ok now too.

Files are still present, just removed them from the scenery.cfg.

Thanks for your help!

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2019 at 3:28am
I apologize.. this has nothing to do with GEP3D and I have been overwhelmed with real world receptibilities so I have had to deal with those first.

I will check the locations you outlined with ST LC enabled in P3Dv4x and report back this weekend.

If those LC's are displaying what you see, here, I will confirm..  if not then there is more at play here than those landclass addons.

I do not and never have installed/removed (since 2010) any Orbx addons or other landclass products. If I can not confirm what you see on your end, it has nothing to do with SceneryTech.

That is not to say that some change at Lockheed Martin in the landclass has not taken place. I will review and report back this weekend. If I find the same I will report it LM because there is a problem with their product, possibly in the same file Orbx changes named: lclookup.bgl

phmcr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phmcr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2019 at 8:37am
Hi Nick,

Since ORBX keeps coming back in your replies, I must confess I do have LOWI installed which ofcourse comes with FTX Central. I am no fan of ORBX and only wanted LOWI. But nowhere in Europe have I seen these 'spring' textures hence my perception it had/has nothing to do with ORBX. But just so you know.

Thanks!
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2019 at 12:55pm
Well I think you found your culprit and it isn't SceneryTech. I am not seeing this issue anywhere or in any of the mentioned locations.

You are dealing with the exact same issue this person was seeing and it is caused by Orbx: https://www.simforums.com/forums/answered-what-can-cause-this-scenery-anomaly_topic60928_post387732.html

The file Orbx alters is a world wide control file. Just because you do not see a issue in Europe doesn't mean you wont see issues anywhere else. Because they alter that control file it causes other landclass and texture products to not appear correctly. And even if you uninstall their product(s) they are well known for leaving those files behind...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic