SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Ground Environment X Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

[ANSWERED] updating GEX...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave92270 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [ANSWERED] updating GEX...
    Posted: February-04-2020 at 7:26am
Hello.

Im puzzled by how to update my current line of GEX NA and Europe (and UTX NA 1.6.0 and Europe 1.5.0) products.

Currently I have:
--------------------------------------------------
Ground Environment X Main Interface 1.430 
You have the latest version. No update required.

Ground Environment X North America 1.096
There are special updates available for this version. Click here for more information.

Ground Environment X Europe 2.50
Version 2.60 available. Click for information.
--------------------------------------------------

Now I downloaded the GEX EU v 2.60 thru F1PurchaseAgent, however, I'm unsure how to install it. I kept reading this post over and over:

I'm really interested in mainly to updating my GEX Europe 2.50 to the latest version for free (plus upgrade UTX 1.5.0 to v2 for $15, since I don't fly in the USA to much anymore.

So, can I simply run the GEX Europe 2.60 installer and overwrite the v.2.50 and keep GEX NA 1.096 alongside, or I have to uninstall both the GEX NA 1.096 and GEX Europe 2.50, and then do clean install of GEX EU 2.60? Possibly without GEX NA 1.096, because its not compatible anymore? Sorry, but Im really confused...

Thanks for help!

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2020 at 7:04pm
This is in the instructions you linked which we had to cover everyone in outline,.. however I will provide your update synopsis below...

1. Since you are using a very old GEX NA version (nearly 10 years) and do not intend to update/upgrade it, leave it alone (installed in Windows) and leave it alone in the GEX interface.

2. Open the GEX interface (As Administrator), select Ground Environment X Europe (bullet) then click the DISABLE button. Once the process completes, close the GEX interface.

3. Uninstall GEX Europe completely from Windows through Programs And Features.

4. Run the installer (As Administrator) for GEX Europe v2.60. Install to what ever location you wish (local drives, not network)

5. Open the GEX Interface (As Administrator) and select Ground Environment X Europe (bullet) then click the ENABLE button. Once the process completes, close the interface.

We are not UTX here, however if/when you do update UTX Europe then reopen the GEX interface (As Administrator) and select to ENABLE in FSX the GEX Europe UTX option listed just under Ground Environment X Europe

NOTE:
If and only if you have no interest in North America at all you can opt to repeat steps 2 and 3 for GEX NA and simply not use it. That will revert the specific NA FSX textures to FSX default. If you wish to take that option and not use any GEX NA then DO THAT BEFORE INSTALLING AND ENABLING GEX EUROPE v2.60 otherwise leave the GEX NA install/enable alone and simply update GEX Europe as outlined.
dave92270 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave92270 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2020 at 7:02am
NickN, thanks for the detailed instructions and clarification, I'll follow the steps. Also, if I'll like the look of new GEX EU 2.60 (and UTX EU v2) , I may also purchase the same upgrades for the US. 
Appreciate your help!

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2020 at 10:34pm
Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic